(Close Window)
Topic: Enlightenment- Ben Harris
Ben Harris is set to release a floating card effect due to be released in May. Price is not set yet from what Ben said and full disclosure(FREE) of the effect will be released before it is on the market by download. Looks great.
http://www.wowbound.com
Unprecedented move. Very rare in the history of magic.

I won't be surprised if sales are higher than expected.

:xmas:
Entirely dependent on how good the method is(and how difficult it is to recreate) A brave move by Ben, showing real cajones to stand by his method like this. Very reassring to see. I hope it all works out well.
I still remember when I first saw Ben's Cosmosis performed. It was a thing of beauty.

Enlightenment looks like real magic. I love the part in the clip where the gal is holdig the deck and the card floats. There are so many possibilities for creative performers to run with this!
I remember Ben's Alida floating card method,biggest piece of rubbish ever to hit the magic store.
Hopefully this is a lot better than Alida and I might as well mention "HOLE IN THE HEAD" before somebody else does about how bad it was for the majority that bought it and that includes me.
Does anyone remember his PYRAMID POWER, floating mini Pyramid?...YUCK
Another "thread", excuse the pun.

Ok, let's do a mind exeperiment. Think along with me.

Alida "kills" for me. YOU may not have liked Alida BECAUSE it was dirty at the beginning, throughout, and at the end, which is the most critical point in a mini-levitation.

Would these be fair enough conclusions?

Now, IMAGINE that you could perform the close-up levitation but you had:

1. NO GIMMICK to load at the beginning.

2. You are within a quarter of a second of being CLEAN (totally automatic, sleight free, with nothing added or removed).

3. YOU ARE CLEAN at the end--with the spectator allowed to grab the card at ANY time.

4. No lead-in required, no clean-up required. Instantly repeatable, no reset.

5. Further imagine that you NEVER HAVE TO TOUCH the card at all.

6. Nothing to add, nothing to take away, yet you have total control of the ascent, hover, and descent of the card.

I know it "sounds" too good to be true. This is WHY you will not see a page of endoresements--though I could certainly give them to you--and it is also why we MUST reveal the workings.

Alida, Pyramid Power, Flight Case--all these things were evolutionary steps.

The latest mutation, something 20 years in the making will settle the matter.

In fact, I'm done. Stick a fork in me, turn me over. If I never release another effect in my life, I'm satisfied. Seriously.

Enough of the tease for now.

Thanks again for your continued interest.

Ben
I think I can understand, in a small way, what Ben is feeling. With Enlightenment, he has taken a lifetime of work on levitations and it has culminated in a levitation that will have everyone sceraming praise. How can you top it?

I think we're all going to be amazed and wonder why it wassn't sold for $1000.
Keep at it Ben, this little Aussie has faith in you!

Cheers,
Al
(It's magic from which memories are made! - remember Picadilly arcade in Brisbane? Those days with you, Phil Cass, Wendy Bergman and Dave Faulkner were REAL magic and still are in my mind)
I never understood why people did not like Alida. If you modify the gimmick so it is not permanent, it is amazing, AND examinable. AND, can be applied to any card, borrowed, or otherwise.

It just makes me think of how narrow minded so many people seem to be. They see something, and can't see past their initial reactions. At least, that is the impression it gives ME, IMHO
Christopher Taylor ('willowtaylor' at the Café) is another gentleman who is open to his products.

[quote]
On 2008-02-11 15:59, willowtaylor wrote:
Thank you for the interest!! Prices are not set yet, but retail will most likely be in the $350-$450 range for T•3 and $300-$350 for Eclipse. These two items will ONLY be available from http://www.taylorimagineering.com in North America or Alakazam Magic in Europe for quite some time. We will be offering pre-order prices for Café Members on these. [b][i]Please feel free to drop me a line about either product (info@taylorimagineering.com); I am being completely open about how they function to help you all make up your minds whether either of them is right for you.[/i][/b] Cheers.

Christopher
[/quote]

It made my task and decision of selecting a product very easy.

This seems to be a new trend in magic business. Trust your customer & the customer trusts you. Better business policy!

- Sam
Hi Al,

I do rememeber. They were wonderful days.
It really shook me up when I found out tht Dave Faulkner died.
Could not believe it.

Cheers, Al.

Ben
Hi Ben,

You are a very magical man in more ways than one. Dave certainly was quite a loss for us. Take care as always buddy.

Cheers,
Al
Ahhh I still can't wait! Hurry up already :X
[quote]
On 2008-02-22 06:43, Wesker wrote:
Ahhh I still can't wait! Hurry up already :X
[/quote]

Me too! Will this be sold to murpheys so it can come around to all magic shops?
Just watch the video - it looks pretty *** good!

Can it be done with other objects apart from playing cards? i.e a photo?

thanks

Aidan
Hi Eric and Aidan,

Yes, Murphys will be distributing this world-wide.

Aidan, Yes, you can use other objects, including photos, or dollar bills, etc. I have a seance presentation with photos of dead celebrities that KILLS.

In a few days we will be sending out the latest info to all those registered, then I will shut up completely until just before the release so that you don't all get bored!!

Cheers

Ben
I don't think anyone can get bored. This was never announced as a "sometime in the next month"..that dragged on for 10 months. Ben has been upfront all the way as to the process he's going through and it's been very interesting to be along for the ride so to speak.

I think anyone that has worked on anything, be it magic, or writing, or any cerative process, knows the joys, the BIG frustrations, further joy and the "goose bumps" moment when you achieve soemthing through you're own creative process, can feel a little bit about what Ben has gone through.

Ben, thanks for the great updates and sharing what you've gone through to bring this to the ftaternity!
Ben, this looks awesome! I knew it would coming from you! I think I will be picking this one up!

P.
Ben sent out an annoucement today. Updates on the project, ideas. Here is one he shared that I actually got goosebumps over ( I get these when I read or see something that makes me feel like I would in the moment of witnessing "real" magic ).

From Ben:
"Or imagine a seance presentation using photographs of deceased movie stars. The photo of a chosen star is placed in the middle of the table. All the spectators sit holding hands in proper seance form. After a suitable build up the photo slowly levitates, hovers, and then falls back to the table. A spectator reaches foward and turns the photo over. A message from the long dead star is found scrawled on it's back!"

If Houdini saw this he might have become a believer.
Direct link to video trailer: http://www.wowbound.com/images/enlightenmenttrailer.wmv

I think it looks great, I will surely get my hands on this on, its a true eye candy effect. Maybe next blockbuster?
Yesterday I received an e-mail (common to all) from Ben. The effect certainly has potential. I feel this one is going to create history.

If you haven't registered at Ben's site please do so now.

:xmas:
Mike Ammar stated that the magicial art hadn't advanced much because the old Masters wouldn't share all their secrets.

I looked at the demo again and thought Ben should have kept it to himself and what a generous guy he is to release it ( it's not going to make him rich ). But...Ben likes to share.

Anyone get chills when the "signed" card floats for the lady ( in her hands )?

WOW!
Yes... well I am calmly awaiting this release with a skeptical cool headedness and a quiet calm... and... and...

ahhh %$%#! it... some drool just rolled down my chin.
I actually feel sorry for other inventors who have brought out similar effects. It's like comparing a beginner who is learning to play the guitar with Led Zeplin; who would you vote for?
Very nice effect.
Sh3ldon
[quote]
On 2008-03-13 09:13, KazarSh3ldon wrote:
I actually feel sorry for other inventors who have brought out similar effects. It's like comparing a beginner who is learning to play the guitar with Led Zeplin; who would you vote for?
Very nice effect.
Sh3ldon
[/quote]How do you know? It's not out yet,it may be a piece of junk like most of his other effects.
I don't know the method, but the hype on this one makes others sound pretty bad IMHO! Let's face it, you go to a website (I will not mention any in particular) and they have a similar effect, and you compare the two, I am sure looking at it from a buyers point of view, you will most certainly opt for this one. I never said the method wasn't junk! I have my own opinion on other effects released by Ben Harris.
Sh3ldon
Nice trick, but many like this out there that are much cheaper. Wow over 80 dollars not including shipping, wow.... Plus you may have to buy others things to make this work. Why pay so much when you can use thread that cant be found once done with the effect and so much cheaper. If it were cheaper I would go for it, but I am going broke buying stuff that is cheaply made, or has special gimmicks that wont last long, or expensive gimmicks that I never carry around with me. To me that is 80 dollars that disappears without a trace...
Sorry but I am going broke trying to please people that I can fool without spending tons of money that is hard to come by these days. I am not a professional I am just a gay that lives magic for fun and entertaining people, but not at the cost of my life savings... But I wish him luck with those that can afford this, I hope you get your monies worth from it.
[quote]
On 2008-04-09 08:53, Maforen wrote:
I am not a professional I am just a gay that lives magic for fun and entertaining people, but not at the cost of my life savings... But I wish him luck with those that can afford this, I hope you get your monies worth from it.
[/quote]
Believe you mean your just a "guy" because we don't deal or care about sexuality here.
[quote]
On 2008-04-09 08:53, Maforen wrote:
... I am just a gay that lives magic for fun and entertaining people...
[/quote]

Congratulations! You spent nothing, but entertained me a lot!!! :rotf:
[quote]
On 2008-03-13 09:13, KazarSh3ldon wrote:
It's like comparing a beginner who is learning to play the guitar with Led Zeplin; [/quote]

Its "Led Zeppelin" and the guitarist is Jimmy Page, and it wouldn't matter if you were a beginner or a pro...Jimmy is the best and all others fail in comparison. Ok, sorry for my rant.

I am looking forward to Ben's release. It looks great.
Message: Posted by: THEGUY26 (Will Swanson) (Apr 9, 2008 02:34PM)
I wouldn't say Jimmy Page is THE best, but he is definantly up there. What about Eddie Van Halen?
Jimi Hendrix? Eric Clapton?

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/5937559/the_100_greatest_guitarists_of_all_time

[img]http://www.knut.kazimages.fr/smileys/guitare.gif[/img]
I love to play Santana-type stuff myself. The old "Europa" phase was Carlos at his peak.

Ben
Message: Posted by: THEGUY26 (Will Swanson) (Apr 9, 2008 06:21PM)
Well, Jimi Hendrix is dead.
[quote]
On 2008-04-09 18:27, Ben Harris wrote:
I love to play Santana-type stuff myself. The old "Europa" phase was Carlos at his peak.

Ben
[/quote]

Ben, I'm quite sure you raised the cowds... ;)
I always liked Brian May's guitar work in Queen. Great Band.