(Close Window)
Topic: Flashbulb in glass cup, anyone own this, or know were to buy it ?
Effect: A camera mini flashbulb is placed into a glass cup, and at gesture of magician the bulb flashes.

It was years ago when I saw it advertised, I would like to buy one, but don't know who sells it, anyone own, or know were to buy this effect ?

Any info would be appreciated !
That was a Collectors Workshop item in the early 90's

Even if you find one, the problem is that it requires a certain type of bulb that isn't readily available anymore. I'm looking through the http://www.vikingmagic.com website and I haven't come across it yet.
Thanks Dave, Online I found a simular item called flashburst, it must use a more standard flash probably the ones in disposable cameras.
I have had one for years, I don't use it anymore. In good condition. PM me.
Tommy
One was just on ebay.

s
Thanks sponge,
Tommyj has told me about the apparatus that used the large flashbulbs, and the bulky gimmick, I'm going to try to find something that uses the newer flashbulbs. In the time being I think I will disassemble my disposable camera and study the gadgets..
That's the direction I went when I experimented with this years ago. I found a small electronic flash unit that was small enough to be finger palmed and simply used that. The "kicker" is the switch from a fresh bulb to a burnt out one. That's what sells the routine, so one way or another you'll have to have some glass bulbs just for props if nothing else.

Be careful tearing a disposable camera apart. I hear it can give you quite a jolt. In fact, I've seen articles online about making an improvised "taser" out of a disposable camera flash.