(Close Window)
Topic: Flashbulb in glass cup, anyone own this, or know were to buy it ?
Message: Posted by: Will L. (Mar 5, 2008 03:43PM)
Effect: A camera mini flashbulb is placed into a glass cup, and at gesture of magician the bulb flashes.

It was years ago when I saw it advertised, I would like to buy one, but don't know who sells it, anyone own, or know were to buy this effect ?

Any info would be appreciated !
Message: Posted by: Dave V (Mar 5, 2008 04:23PM)
That was a Collectors Workshop item in the early 90's

Even if you find one, the problem is that it requires a certain type of bulb that isn't readily available anymore. I'm looking through the http://www.vikingmagic.com website and I haven't come across it yet.
Message: Posted by: Will L. (Mar 5, 2008 07:09PM)
Thanks Dave, Online I found a simular item called flashburst, it must use a more standard flash probably the ones in disposable cameras.
Message: Posted by: TommyJ (Mar 5, 2008 09:14PM)
I have had one for years, I don't use it anymore. In good condition. PM me.
Message: Posted by: the Sponge (Mar 6, 2008 08:39AM)
One was just on ebay.

Message: Posted by: Will L. (Mar 6, 2008 09:11AM)
Thanks sponge,
Tommyj has told me about the apparatus that used the large flashbulbs, and the bulky gimmick, I'm going to try to find something that uses the newer flashbulbs. In the time being I think I will disassemble my disposable camera and study the gadgets..
Message: Posted by: Dave V (Mar 7, 2008 06:28PM)
That's the direction I went when I experimented with this years ago. I found a small electronic flash unit that was small enough to be finger palmed and simply used that. The "kicker" is the switch from a fresh bulb to a burnt out one. That's what sells the routine, so one way or another you'll have to have some glass bulbs just for props if nothing else.

Be careful tearing a disposable camera apart. I hear it can give you quite a jolt. In fact, I've seen articles online about making an improvised "taser" out of a disposable camera flash.