(Close Window)
Topic: Andrew Mayne's newest one - TEAR DOWN
I am really asking me ... when is Andrew sleeping?
Three websites, lectures and now his newest trick is coming soon!

TEAR DOWN
Tear Down is my brand new totally impromptu (I mean totally impromptu!) newspaper tear based on Jim Steinmeyer’s Incessant Newspaper (with his permission). It’ll be hitting streets in about a week.
You want this. Trust me. Once you learn it you’ll be a newspaper tearing fiend. You can do it anytime, anywhere with any newspaper. No duplicates, no gimmicks, no tape, blah, blah blah.
You tear up a signed newspaper. Restore it. Then hand it back to the audience. Everything can be inspected.

http://andrewmayne.com/archives/66
I know it's been asked a million times on this Café, but I'll be the first for this effect. Where's the video?

Show us the STUFF, man!
I'm sure it'll come soon enough. Patience :)
I'm getting too old for patience. Reeling in the years, and gotta' make the most of every second.

Patience, supposedly a virtue, can cause you to wait your life away.
Walther,

Great find! I love Andrew's stuff and this looks like it could be another winner.
[quote]
On 2008-03-16 20:34, daffydoug wrote:

Patience, supposedly a virtue, can cause you to wait your life away.
[/quote]

Amen to that.
Looking forward to this, and a video hopefully.
I just watched the 'demo' video on HP. Seriously is that not one of the WORST demo's ever?
The name Jim Steinmeyer does make me want to buy this though.
[quote]
On 2008-03-19 17:26, Markymark wrote:
I just watched the 'demo' video on HP. Seriously is that not one of the WORST demo's ever?

[/quote]

Yes, demo snapshots don't instill confidence.
I don't understand why these demos are put up. They are supposed to get you excited about ordering. I think the opposite happens.
[quote]
On 2008-03-19 22:42, Christopher Kavanagh wrote:
I don't understand why these demos are put up. [b][i]They are supposed to get you excited about ordering. I think the opposite happens.[/i][/b]
[/quote]

A terrible snapshot video attempt :exclaim: :fruity:

:xmas:
[quote]
On 2008-03-19 17:26, Markymark wrote:
I just watched the 'demo' video on HP. Seriously is that not one of the WORST demo's ever?[/quote]

Maybe it is too bad for a real demonstration.
Bring [b]CastleMaynia[/b] to mind...

Greetings from Germany
Daniel
Tear Down that demo!.. :) ..
It's not that the video didn't turn me off to the effect. I'm still open minded, it's just that it really did not show me anything.

I'm sure the effect, considering the usual quality of Andrew's releases, is probably killer. It's just that the video doesn't demonstrate that for us in a convincing way.

The format they used (snapshots) does not reach out and grab you by the scruff of the neck and scream "Buy this effect!!!"
My guess is that this is a teaser video, and the demo video is yet to come.
[quote]
On 2008-03-21 12:44, semo wrote:
My guess is that this is a teaser video, and the demo video is yet to come.
[/quote]
My guess, that as a magician you would figure out how the trick works and not buy it.
Not saying it's not a good trick and I am sure it would fool laymen, but maybe not magicians.
That's usually the case with these types of videos.

Randi
Andrew is a talented guy. I just have a problem with bad demos.
That demo is aweful. Demo videos should show the whole effect, from start to finish. Magic companies need to learn that. There is no need for flashy demos.
Just the facts ma'am.
You can find Jim's original effect (upon which this is based) in his book "Conjuring Anthology".
And you can rest assured that if Jim's given his blessing to Andrew's additions or modifications, it will be $15 well spent.

And if you don't have Jim's book, get it! It's a wealth a wonderful material.
[quote]
On 2008-03-22 01:45, magicman4646 wrote:
That demo is aweful. Demo videos should show the whole effect, from start to finish. Magic companies need to learn that. There is no need for flashy demos.
[/quote]

I don't know if the snapshot videos were supposed to be the demos, I think they were just teasers. Here is an actual demo from Andrew's site.

http://andrewmayne.com/archives/69
Message: Posted by: THEGUY26 (Will Swanson) (Mar 23, 2008 08:46PM)
I will have the DVD in a couple days, and will give a full review the night I get it.
You have to download safari to view the demo video. I was installing, uninstalling and messing with quicktime and I just dled safari and viewed it in that browser
Demo looked good (I deleted quicktime and installed the latest version and it worked for me in XP) .... $15 dollars so I took the chance and ordered it.
Tear Down sounds great. it sounds like something to take advantage of with my school having their own school newspaper :)
If you have Steinmeyer's book with The Incessant Newspaper, then it shouldn't be too hard to figure out how to have the paper signed. You just have it signed and do the routine as described. Does Andrew Mayne add anything else to the effect?
"I just watched the 'demo' video on HP. Seriously is that not one of the WORST demo's ever?"

*That wasn't the demo* That was the teaser (A goofy Animoto thing). I never sent that to the shops to use as the promo. They just pulled it from my site without reading.

The real demo is on my site.

"Does Andrew Mayne add anything else to the effect?"

You hand out the paper at the end. The handling is also a little bit different. But all the really genius stuff is Jim's.