(Close Window)
Topic: Silk to Egg Question
I was in a magic shop while I was out of town recently and a guy in the shop gave me a tip on doing the silk to egg effect.

Most people just stuff the silk into the egg much the same way they load a TT. The guy in the shop cupped the egg in his hand, laid the silk out flat and began to rub his hands together in small circles. The silk got smaller and smaller until it was completely in the egg. Needless to say it looked very impressive. It also looked easy to do.

When I got home I tried it exactly they way he showed me. I could get it to work, but not nearly as smoothly as he did. It also seemed to put little lines into my silk. The more I practiced, the more damage was done to my silk.

Should I just give this up, or am I doing it wrong? Any tips, advice or suggestions?

-Allan
Keep playing with it Allan, it sounds like the effect is worth it. I've never tried this myself, but I will tonight and get back with you.

Sable
:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
Hi,

The move is described in Tarbell vol 2 among other books.

Yours faithfully

:devilish: Dan :devilish:
Allan,

A little hint that will make that "rolling" easier with today's better silks that have the 2mm flat hems, is to tie a small knot in one corner of the silk.

I have never tried this with the Walk-Around Version of Silk to Egg. I'm not sure this "rolling" leaves the silk easy to get out of the egg. At least, the new ceramic eggs have larger holes that are large enough for a real human thumb. (You should not have to dig your silk out with a ball point pen as many cheaper models require.)

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander