(Close Window)
Topic: Wolf's "Blades of the Dragon"!!!! Wow!
Wow! Have you seen this lastest and greatest beauty?: http://www.wolfsmagic.com/Blades_ofthe_Dragon.htm
Talk about elegant and stunning!
I couldn't order it quick enough.
Look forward to seeing the reviews!
Just got the email about the new release; nice effect Chance! Now if I could only get my hands on some of those products I didn't buy when they were available... :(
As a collector on only the finest modern magic apparatus, I have nothing but praise for Chance's work and wouldn't hesitate to buy these collectibles for my collection.
[quote]
On 2008-03-26 23:59, dking66 wrote:
Wow! Have you seen this lastest and greatest beauty?: http://www.wolfsmagic.com/Blades_ofthe_Dragon.htm
Talk about elegant and stunning![/quote]

Gorgeous-looking.
Beautiful!

Greetings from Germany
That is stinkin' beautiful. I am tempted to get it just to sit on display in my magic room...wow.
I think its very cool, chance makes my favorate parlor/stage effects. the recreation line he does is always wonderful
Beautiful Chance .... I perform a razor routine with no props except for the blades so this would not fit my act but I must say this is a beautiful work of art !
Thanks for keeping the standards high .....and working hard!
Very Beautiful Chance! This one looks like you had fun building, tell me Im wrong...
:)
Thanks for the kind words and great support folks.

It is a privilege for us ALL to be able to chat with working pros, experts and creators. I have learned so much in the Café and it has been a GREAT help to my company as we all exchange ideas.
Take care
Chance
Hey Peter!
Yes, it was a pleasure to build from design to completed project. I was very excited to see it come into "the real".
Thanks for the compliments and I hope all is well with you and yours!
Chance
Chance,

I like the new twist on the effect and the props are visually exciting. Nice how the blades are in view, instead of being in a stack on a tray.

Dave
Chance's products are like MagLites, "A Work Of Art That Works"

Cheers,

Robert.

PS. I own and use 5 products from Wolf's Magic.
I just placed my order. I own most of Gerlitz's items and Chance's Blades of Dragon is as beautiful and finely crafted as any of the Gerlitz's collectibles at a much lower cost.

Michael
Mr. Wolf...really a nice piece!!
WOW! We have ONLY SIX UNITS left!!
I have two folks on the fence so there may be only 4 by the end of the day.
Thanks so much for the great support!
Chance
I ordered mine today... looks very sharp! ;)
Thanks Chance !
Beautiful Chance! Really lovely. Belongs in a Museum!
How do you justify the modern blades in the story ofthe Emperor?
James
James,
The blades are synonymous to the teeth of the Dragon....synonymous? is that proper..I think so. Maybe symbolic?
Clearly we can't be visually exact to the story and props but once you have read the routine and weave the tale it makes more sense and is entertaining.
Hope this helps,
Chance
Cool! Sounds like a nice routine... I love the idea of the blades representing the Dragon's teeth!
You've got such a creative mind, Chance... and crafty hands, as well!
Doug
Thanks Doug,
The story reads like an Aesop's Fable. I can't say the writing is as good but I did get an A+ in Creative Writing class so it aint that bad :)
I don't think anyone will actually memorize the entir story but it gives you something to work with.

Only 2 units left!

Thanks for the great support guys!
Chance
Only two left!...this is going to be a big sellout. So...what's next, Chance :jump:

Got money for ya...just show me Tha Goods.
Wow, just beautiful. Would pick them up in a heart beat if I was actually a performing magician, I'm more of a practicing one :)
Fxdude,
Thanks for the kind words. Much appreciated.

George,
I am not quite sure what is next but I am leaning to a smaller item such as Blades of the Dragon so it will fit in your collection room quite well :)

I will keep you posted.
Thanks again,
Chance
As far as the "what's next"... how about a Vintage Recreation of the Chinese Sticks or the Sucker Die Box or Billiard Ball Stand or Hamilton Card Duck... on the larger scale, a Okito Checker Cabinet would be quite nice? What do you think, Chance?
Doug
I would love for someone to re-make an effect called Mystery of the Pyramids by UF Grant. I have found it impossible to find since I believe it was made sometime in the 1950's. I am sure there are people on here that know much more about it than I do.
I would love to see the Wolf's version of Coin through Glass and I figured Chance must love this particular effect...just keep looking at the disk :hypnodisk:
Hey folks,
The Blades of the Dragon has SOLD OUT in less than 48 hours!!
Thanks so much for the great support! Shelley and I truly appreciate it.

George and Doug,
Actually, I have been designing a version of both Coins thru Glass (Copenetro) as well as a Okito type Checker Cabinet. The Checker Cabinet will end up being incredibly expensive and I plan to make no more than six units as the task is far to laborious for 12 or more. I can assure you it will be unlike anything ever released. There will be NO PAINT of any kind rather a composition of contrasting hardwoods and inlays to achieve the graphics and overall design. There will be a few other surprises but I am in no rush to get to this project. It will take a great deal of time just to complete the proto-type.
My Coins thru Glass has been on the drawing board for sometime and I hope to get to it sometime before I croak!

Take care
Chance
I really don't think anyone can go wrong with anything Chance makes always top shelf. Now Chance let's not forget about the gumball........
Elegant prop, I wish that I can own that someday. Anybody got it in the Café?
[quote]
On 2008-03-28 16:11, jerrydb4 wrote:
I would love for someone to re-make an effect called Mystery of the Pyramids by UF Grant. I have found it impossible to find since I believe it was made sometime in the 1950's. I am sure there are people on here that know much more about it than I do.
[/quote]

I seem to remember this was originally a Don Pott's effect sold by Grant. George Robinson at Viking owns the manufacturing rights now.

Julie
Looks great Chance....as always!!!!!

Regan
They are all gone!
Congratulations on the sell out, Chance!
Now, go to work on the Checker Cabinet... and reserve one for me!
Doug
ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

I should come by this forum more often :(

Sold out?!??!

Dear Chance - any chance of making something similar...

Oh if anyone hates theirs when they get it - PM me for sale ;) (like anyone who bought it I doubt is the type to sell anything)....
These look really nice Chance.

-T
Whew...they all sold. Now I can come back here without all the temptation.

Steve
Yes right. I also still wait for the gumball maschine.
Has anyone received this from Chance yet.

Paul
I'm waiting for the CHICKEN SWORD:<)

Sam
Clownboy got his "Blades of the Dragon" in today!

Steve
I just received my Blades of the Dragon; images and review are up on [url=http://www.martinsmagic.com/?html=full&nav1=new&key=3760]Andy Martin's Site[/url]

BTW, it's a BEAUTY!
Hey Gang - I did get mine today and what a beauty!

He took some pain staking time in the small details of this collectible piece.
I feel pretty fortunate to have been able to snag one.

Brad

(Oh, I'm number 14 of 24)
Message: Posted by: The Great Smartini (Apr 5, 2008 12:07AM)
[quote]
On 2008-03-30 22:35, Stevethomas wrote:
Whew...they all sold. Now I can come back here without all the temptation.

Steve
[/quote]

Steve...I couldn't have said it better myself!

jeff
Got my #3 of 24! Absolutely stunning magic and craftsmanship... with special detail work including etching of chinese characters on the wood stand and even the dragon logo on the thread spool! The method is new and quite ingenious! Love it... and might have even agreed to fight a dragon to get it!
Doug
For the posterity, I am pleased to inform the brotherhood that "Blades of the Dragon" #18 has been safely delivered to it's owner. Like the 24 others, it is of an astonishing beauty. But I must mention that #18 has something special, very unique, one of a kind, totally distinctive, exclusive, inimitable.

It is mine.
:jump:
[quote]
On 2008-04-04 18:51, GeorgeG wrote:
I just received my Blades of the Dragon; images and review are up on [url=http://www.martinsmagic.com/?html=full&nav1=new&key=3760]Andy Martin's Site[/url]

BTW, it's a BEAUTY!
[/quote]
PM'd you George