(Close Window)
Topic: Thoughts on Snowstorm
I'm thinking about buying Snowstorm, but wanted opinions before I waste any more money.

Is it a good trick?

Can it be easily adapted to a different patter?

I was thinking about using the torn paper to tell children how the Lord didn't let the Hebrew's clothing wear out while wandering in the wilderness. The water to tell how the Lord provided water for them from the Rock in the desert. And the actual Snowstorm to teach about the manna from heaven, who is Jesus, the bread of life.

Having never done the actual trick, do you think this would work and it is worth the time, effort and money?

Also, is it ethical and ok for me to buy a trick like this and totally change the patter?

Thanks-
It is ethical to buy a trick and change the patter. But to have three different threads like that together might get confusing.

Perhaps a story of Baptism... torn by sin, washed in the waters of baptism, and gaining new life...

Even that gets dicey because of lack of restoration in the end. Perhaps talking about how we are changed.

Just some thoughts.

RevJohn
Something to consider. Be sure you are willing to clean up after yourself.

It's a very messy, but pretty, trick.

Some churches are especially picky about confetti use in a church (ban the use at Weddings, etc).

- Donald
I was thinking along the same lines Donald. I want to do Snow Storm so bad, but I can't afford for folks to get mad about the mess. Yes...ask permition and then let them know that you're willing to clean up afterwards...
Great! So I guess you guys think it's a good trick. I was thinking I would have to do some serious vacuuming, but if I get permission I think it would be worthwhile. Nothing like a little sacrifice for the ministry. :)

It is also an inexpensive trick from what I've seen, so it fits in the budget.
Depends on which version you do...with or without Kevin Jame's creation.
Hi Preston:

I would also suggest thinking about the clean-up part. After your 3rd or 4th time spending a half hour or more cleaning up, you'll probably want to reconsider it. It's terrific if you're performing in a place where they have people who take care of the stage and the acts performing, but that doesn't happen too often.

20-some years ago, I performed a manipulation act and finished with the snowstorm. There was a local supper-club that hired me for about a year, and after I did the snowstorm the first time, they said I couldn't do it anymore because confetti was getting in people's drinks and food.

Ron
That's funny Ron.:lol: I guess I might get tired of cleaning.

Is there a version you guys would recommend?
[quote]
On 2008-04-05 12:37, Ron Reid wrote:
Hi Preston:

I would also suggest thinking about the clean-up part. After your 3rd or 4th time spending a half hour or more cleaning up, you'll probably want to reconsider it. It's terrific if you're performing in a place where they have people who take care of the stage and the acts performing, but that doesn't happen too often.

20-some years ago, I performed a manipulation act and finished with the snowstorm. There was a local supper-club that hired me for about a year, and after I did the snowstorm the first time, they said I couldn't do it anymore because confetti was getting in people's drinks and food.

Ron
[/quote]

I used to do confetti as a load from one of my cups and balls, but after a while, I got tired of cleaning and sweeping after the show. You know, after a show you have other things to worry about. Like getting your props back. Not kidding, I had a Norm Nielson vanishing Ketchup bottle that really vanished after a performance in a church. That's right, some church folks stole my bottle. Nice witness for the Lord, eh?

Anyway, it wasn't until I went up to Abbott's that my dear wife purchased me another one before she passed away. I bless her precious memory.
Daffydoug said, "I had a Norm Nielson vanishing Ketchup bottle that really vanished after a performance in a church. That's right, some church folks stole my bottle. Nice witness for the Lord, eh?

Did you check their fridge? (he,he)
I have been doing snowstorm in my gospel show for 4 or 5 years now and I take a dust buster with me to clean up. I have only ever used it a couple times. Every other time the people say- leave it be and we will get it or they get the vac out as I am packing up and clean it. The trick is I tell the person hiring me in advance about the last trick in the show and it is on my promo video and most of my promo pics. If they don't want it, they can ask me not to do it... no one has
Hi Guys,
I am learning tthe snow storm to add to a gospel shopw and was wondering what is the best way to aquire the load and whee to hide it to get it without the peopleseeing it.

In his service,
Allen
If you bought the version with the book, then I would have to say experiment with the different methods suggested until you find one you are comfortable with. Or, in the course of practicing, you may come up with your own variation.

If you don't have the book, I would suggest getting it unless some more experienced guys around here have better ideas. (Which they usually do!)