(Close Window)
Topic: Jimmy Talksalot Arm in Hat - Tech Draft (FREE ebook)
This is a post written by one of the guys putting together my product line;

Freebie #1 is available/online on Jimmy's site
Jimmy performs & explains the Arm in Hat Gag
http://www.jimmytalksalot.com/arminhat.htm
This is a 'one trick pony' that I'm releasing to EVERYONE

I consider this a 'technical draft'....
before continuing to work on these things,
I wanna make sure the 'nuts & bolts' are working for the masses

Suggestion: before trying to view the ebook... you should download/install
Adobe's free Acrobat .pdf reader
http://www.adobe.com

please send any/all suggestions/criticisms to buskermagic@gmail.com
or, of course, post your thoughts here
(sooner, the better... I've got a lil free time this week & want to get these buns outta the oven!)

Once I'm sure everyone can view/use the format
I'll post the next freebie (a full routine... )
this (password protected page/file) will ONLY be released to people who've signed up for Jimmy's Newsletter:
visit his site to sign up: http://www.jimmytalksalot.com

FYI:
The first two 'real' releases (for sale)
will be Jimmy's "Hat & Balls" routine (cups & balls with; no table & no cups)
& his" Flipstick/Ball/Purse "routine (his freekin OPENER, (which includes several NEW ideas using a 'stick'))

Hopefully, these products will be available within the week...

stay tooned
& in the meantime... lemme know if ya have any probs view/learning from the Arm in Hat freebie
http://www.jimmytalksalot.com/arminhat.htm

THANKS!

PS: I'm not posting a 'visible' link to/from any of Jimmy's regular website/pages...
so, hopefully only magi (who visit here &/or the Café) will find this info

**future releases will be password protected
but, I wanted everyone to be able to get a chance to check out the 'stuff'

PSS: Jimmy, do me a fave & post this info on the Green Place
Thanks Jimmy worked great video & all
Yeah it was a great ebook - well laid out, great vids, easy to follow and worked a treat. Thanks!
FYI, downloaded with no problem, video played with no problems. Thanks, look forward to the others!
Jimmy rocks a lot.
Help!!!

I can't get my arm back out! Do you all have any friggin' idea how long it's taken me to post this 2-line thread typin' with just my left hand?

I can't wipe either. This ain't good.
Eeeeww! I can feel YOUR arm in MY hat. What the @#$@%#$@%?
Your arms are hairy, Chad.
Yuck.
"I can't wipe either. This ain't good"

Chad are you sure it is the hat your arm is stuck in then.
Alright! everybody settle down, I'm here now.

I swear you guys can't do any thing with out me,

go to the kitchen and get the pliers you use on the pork chops, make sure they're oiled up good like you do when there's company and.....of forget it, I'll just make another ebook showin you how to get your arms out.
Some time ago on the other Café, gerald posted a video of some work he was doing on the street with sax occampanyment, it was a hat and ball routine, cups and balls with no cups or table. and it inspired me to put together one for myself although I have always pained myself to make my work look original and unrecognizable from some one else's, I still feel I should give credit to those who inspire me.

for those of you who are familiar with geralds routine when you see mine you'll notice that they are similar in that there's no cups or table and that it's done with balls, but you will notice immediately that the routine is very different. one is geralds moves and effects and the other is my own moves and effects and the characters are different.

in similarity I hope I have captured the same charm and sense of amazement from the spectator that gerald does, but I'm sure I don't.....he's really that good.

thanks gerald I am in debt to you for your creative mind and experience. please don't feel as though you can't share with us because of copy cats and I'm sure you will be happy after the ebook comes out knowing that you inspired it.

thanks for your lifes work.

your pal jimmy.
That's one awesome ebook!
Gerald's routine is a gem. I think chraming is a great word for it.
Loved your vids. Can't wait to get home to download the ebook!
Jimmy,
Thank you for your thoughtful praise. I’m happy that you thought enough of the “cups and balls with no table, hat and ball” idea to pursue it. Realizing there is “nothing new under the sun”, I’m glad the old video got your creative juices flowing in that direction. I know your end result will be something unique and a terrific piece of entertainment.

Again, thank you for the commendation. Coming from a fellow entertainer of your stature, I value highly the praise. It really means a lot to me.

Best wishes and much continued success.

Regards,
Gerald
Hi Frank,
Glad you liked the old video. The routine has been a mainstay for me for many years.

Thanks again,
Gerald
Jimmy congrats again man!

Thanks for bit and looking forward to your other material as well.

Keeping going!

Tony
Tony,

how you been?

thanks for everything.

if you need anything please holler.
Y'all gotta check out tony's blog sometime if you get a chance.

http://poolside-reflections.blogspot.com/
The e-book is working perfectly for me.
I can read the ebook (thanks Jimmy)

but can't view the videos (I think I'm missing a plug in) but I'm not sure

Can any of you guys help??
Hey Jimmy,

Downloaded the e-book, I have a Mac running Leopard. Videos weren't visible with Preview, I downloaded the latest version of Acrobat, the video appeared but needed a media player to view it which isn't available for my system, so I can read the book, but can't watch the videos. (Acrobat for Mac only supports quicktime). In which format are the videos encoded ?

Joe H
Same here, fortunately the written instructions are really good.

Mark
I know you need to down load adobe, but I'll have to check with doug to help you guys and to know for sure whats going on.

I really believe the notes and videos are the best part.
I viewed the notes in both Acrobat and FoxIt. FoxIt just came out with a new version that lets you view embedded videos. FoxIt also has a version for Lunix.

If you are have trouble with Acrobat and you want to take a look at FoxIt, their site is http://www.foxitsoftware.com
Cool. Thanks Ray, I'll try that when I get home this evening.
[quote]
On 2008-05-09 10:43, jimmy talksalot wrote:
I know you need to down load adobe, but I'll have to check with doug to help you guys and to know for sure whats going on.
[/quote]

That's what I did, but it still says I need a media player, then it gives you a link to download one. But when you go to the download site you get this message.

"We're sorry, but the third-party media player required to play the selected media file in your Adobe PDF document isn't available for your system. No media player will be downloaded at this time.

Adobe Acrobat 6.0 Professional, Adobe Acrobat 6.0 Standard, and Adobe Reader 6.0 for Windows currently support the following media players for playback: Flash, QuickTime, RealPlayer, and Windows Media Player. Acrobat 6.0 and Adobe Reader 6.0 for Mac OS currently support QuickTime. For information about system requirements and media types supported by these third-party media players, please visit the following Web sites"

Unless the embedded videos are encoded with quicktime, mac users won't be able to view them.

Joe H
Right, at last I got it downloaded o.k. here in New Zealand. My computer was so excited at getting more info from jimmytalksalot it lost its self-control and I couldn't download. So I shut the computer off for a short while, and restarted, and by then the computer had regained it usual composure and was able to concentrate and get the download done o.k. Thanks for the ebook. I signed up for Jimmy's newletter a couple of weeks back. Thanks to you, jimmytalksalot - keep talking 'cause I'm all ears.
I was able to download the ebook but could not view the videos.
I learned this off of Jim Pace's Visuantics a few years ago. I have been using it ever since. This is golden on the street. I am glad to see that Jimmy does it too. Where did you learn it from Jimmy? :) It creates such a riot when done well. And Jimmy does it well!
Great Effect Jimmy. Thanks your the freebie.

Do you plan to release your Rope through body routine, It's nice!
Thanks for the freebee

Worked fine for me

JG
Great stuff Jimmy. I most appreciate it. I wera a black fedora most every show I do. Hey when your losing your hair like mine, sun burning your scalp is not a fun effect. lol This will be a fun thing to add to the hat stuff I already do and should go over well. Thanks again.

Kyle
Good to hear from you kyle.

I've been tryin to spark some interest in finger and stage manipulation section here, but I don't think their into the stuff I like to do. I'm happy we like the same kinda stuff, me and you.

....i miss the indoors sometimes, indoors allows me to do a lot more stage and parlor effects then the streets.....

I dunno, good to hear from you again. hope all is well with you.
I keep getting Windows has encountered a problem and needs to shut down and do I wish to send an error report, I have done so 4 times. Darn
Jimmy,

My pleasure my friend. I love your flip stick work as well as your manip stuff that you do. I am very intrigued by it and your creative use of it. As you know I have a passion for both manipulative magic and creativity. I know for a fact (as you do) that manipulation can play well in the streets as I have done it many times. You and jeff Sheridan have also proved it. It just takespractice and skill just like anything else. However, people love it if done well. Keep up the great work.

Kyle