(Close Window)
Topic: (non-coin) chink-a-chink sets using a shell
I've developed a collecting sideline (but not to the detriment of my main collecting interest which is still cups and balls). I'm trying to compile a list of the most desirable chink-a-chink sets. I talking here about the non-coin versions of the trick that use small weights, cylinders and the like.

I know about the School for Scoundrels brass set.......the Magic Wagon sets (aluminum and wood).......the Tony Van Rhee set....... the aluminum set that Tannen sold a long while back........and, perhaps most coveted of all, the Taytelbaum set. Anyone know of any others that should be added to the list?

Also, if you have any sets you may be interested in selling, please PM me.

Fortasse
Check with Auke van Dokkum. He has a really interesting version.
Thanks, Bill. Will do.

Fortasse
Bill - Is Auke making the Tommy Wonder set now?
I'm not sure. He was working on it.
Ralated and soon to be re-released is Ken Brooke's 'POKER POT' using dice.
[quote]
On 2008-05-28 14:09, Bill Palmer wrote:
I'm not sure. He was working on it.
[/quote]

It would be great if he does realease it.
I have a set of machined aluminum weights and I have no idea who made them or when. I picked up this set at Barry Taylor's moving sale last year, and I was wondering if one of you guys could tell me anything about them.
Don
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r124/DStachowiak/chink-a-chink1.jpg
Don,

Those look a lot like the ones I have from E-Z Magic. I have the original instructions if you would like a copy.

Tony
Don : This is a chink-a-chink set. One of the 5 cones will be a shell. You can see an identical set that sold at auction for $82 two years ago if you log on to the KT Magic website (look under "closed auctions). I don't know who manufactured these but they are shown in some of the Tannen catalogues in the mid-70's.

Sean
I bought "secret journey" from Ronjo magic for about 17.00 This is an aluminum set that looks similar to the photo ttorres provided.
Hello,

Pete from Ronjo.com here,

The original sets from the 1970's were made by Jan's Magical. Ronjo now owns the rights to all Jan's manufacturing.

The Jan's ones were a bit raw looking, the Ronjo ones are polished up.

We recently sold out of these but will run this item again in the near future.

We are very surprised to see it went on auction for so much. We have always had these in stock, since 1974!

About 10 years ago we decided to change the name from Chink A Chink to Secret Journey. http://www.ronjo.com/magic/70629601001.html

Take care,
Pete
Pete, I'd take a few sets.
Others likely would as well, this set had fallen off the radar.
I'd be interested in a set too. I have one of the original sets - sold by Tannen's, if I'm not mistaken.

Fortasse
This is one of the best purchases I have bought. Excellent quality.

Taj
Follow the link I proved above, & add your emails to the Notify Me link. The moment we have more, auto emails will be sent.
Thanks,
Pete
The $17.99 price has been locked in for many years and that stock is depleted now. The cost of metal & labor has increased, so next time around, sorry to say they will be higher. But the quality will be the same.
Pete and Richard :

You were right about the Ken Brooke's "Poker Pot" version of Chink-a-Chink. I won an original set at Martinka's last auction. It's a brilliant example of this old (and quick) trick.

Fortasse
Riser and SFS has a new set out.
I've been wondering about that. I briefly tested the prototype but never heard from JR or Whit that they were ready to release it.
I think Dave is right. According to Riser's website, the new set is not yet in production or, at any rate, not yet on the market.

Fortasse