(Close Window)
Topic: Request for a lift
Hello brothers and sisters. I just want to ask for a prayer of support regarding a show I have coming up next Saturday. It is not an outreach or gospel show and I am not planning on doing any gospel magic. Some friends of ours are very involved in the relay for life events and with fundraising. They asked if I would be part of the entertainment program again this year. I performed a half hour show for the event last year and got invited back this year, which is really cool. For just about every show since last years relay for life show, I have been doing mostly gospel programs so I have had tp kind of put something new together. I plan on really cramming in the practice time for the routining and timing etc during the remaining time I have left. Anyways, any prayers that are offered up will be most appreciated.

GlenD
I will keep this in my prayers.
Sho nuff.
Thanks BH and Preston.
Hey Preston, are you getting anywhere with learning an ambitious card routine yet?
Good luck with it. Once you have an ACR down, you have a really nice trick you can do anytime and anywhere with your own deck or a borrowed one! It would be time well spent. Another really good effect is OOTW (out of this world) as far as a powerful effect with any deck of cards, your own or a borrowed one. You should be able to find a wealth of info about it here using the old search function.
Anyways, thanks again for the rpayers and my son leaves for Russia this coming Thursday!

GlenD
Father...I pray right now for Glen...he doesn't have to be doing Gospel magic to represent you, so I ask that you will touch Him, empower Him, and shine through Him. Help Him do a great show for those he's entertaining, and somehow may Your Name be glorified...In Jesus name...Amen!
I'll pray for you, Glen.

Thanks for that prayer, Terry!

Ron
Yes, Terry indeed! I feel like I am levitating out of my chair right now! Thanks everyone and well back to more practice...

GlenD
To answer your question-I've gotten absolutely nowhere as of yet! lol I do plan to learn an ACR though-that trick is too much fun. I'm thinking of looking into Daryl's. Any suggestions for OOTW?

God bless your show and your son's trip.

My step-daughter leaves for Ireland in July.
Glen,

I have been praying for you, your audience and the relay of life event. I can tell you from experience that God has answered my prayers when I've had to "go outside the box" with my performances. God is so good to us! I wish you all the best with your show.
You just never know how much your being there in a show can make a difference in someone's life. That's an advantage that we have being Christians who perform. It's just not another gig, it's always an opportunity to be a blessing.
You've got people praying for you in Florida GlenD. Let us know how it goes.

Tony Brent
http://www.herestony.com
I didn't know that Tony knew how to pray...lol
Pray? Oh, I thought he said "play". I was playing my guitar for him in Florida.

Tony Brent
http://www.herestony.com
http://www.myspace.com/superstartony
Are you playing that squirrel Revival song?
How did you know?

Tony
It was the bushy tail that was wagging as you played the guitar...
Speaking of squirrels...I'm gonna go out on a limb and say you guys are nuts! :fyi:

If you don't stop monkeying around you'll go :banana: :banana:

:applause: :applause: :applause:

Thank you folks! I'll be here all week. Don't forget to tip yer waitress...:smoke:
[quote]
On 2008-06-02 19:45, Terry Owens wrote:
It was the bushy tail that was wagging as you played the guitar...
[/quote]

Mine or the squirrels?
I can't tell by your picture...you're facing forward...
HA!!!!
Thanks again guys. The show went well and I am so glad that the stage was upgraded from last years event. Better sound system and placement and I was featured near the end of the event. Basically the last act before closing ceremonies. I like to open with paper tear (done silent to music) but had decided to close with it and use it to illustrate how we should not give up on or tear our dreams and goals up etc. I was hoping (and yes praying) that wind would not be a prohibitive factor, I had a back-up closing effect but much preferred to use the paper tear with the new patter I came up with. God is good even in the little things, the wind was nil (even though we were not more than 5 minutes away from the ocean) and it would be quite disappointing not to thank Him for when He does answer even the little things. All in all it was very good and the interesting thing was that the speaker spoke a little about dreams and dreamers in the context of the money they raised last year and were hoping to raise this year to find cure for cancer. Almost like we had co operated or something!
Thanks again to everyone who prayed. You guys are a blessing.
Glen, sounds like it went wonderfully. So glad to hear that. Did anyone get video tape of your performance? It would be nice to see it, or see you do the paper tare at an LAFCM meeting some time.

Good going, brother!
Sounds like it went great...

I had donated one of my shows to the MDA which was auctioned off...I don't know who it went to, so now I wait until the call comes...I hope a squirrel didn't buy it, I'll be in trouble.