(Close Window)
Topic: More prayers please...wife is in flooded house
While we are asking for prayers...I need to ask for more.

I am sitting in Wichita, KS going thru PT after having knee surgery on Monday. My wife, Kristen, and our production manager, Jon, are at our house in Indiana. They were do to head to Wichita today. They woke up this morning with our property flooded. They started getting things up out of our garage...and within 30 minutes they had two feet of water in the garage. Shortly after that, there was 3-4 feet of water in the garage and water in the first floor of our house.

Fortunately our truck was moved to higher ground. Our production manager's car is still in the garage along with three large illusions. These are all just things...Kristen & Jon are safe...As I write this they are stranded on the second floor of our house waiting for waters to recede. Our neighbor who has lived there 60 years, has never seen it like this before. Our propane tank has floated away. A 40' culvert, 24" in diameter, lying under 12" of gravel at the foot of our driveway over 150 yards from the house, has come up and is now resting against the house. Our county has been declared a state of emergency. Kristen is in good spirits...I am sad that I can't be there for her and that she is going through this.

Please pray that the water will recede quickly, that damage is minimal and that she stays strong.

Thanks-
Kevin
I'm prayin' for ya. In Tampa, I know what its like.
Kevin,

Praying for all your needs.

Dave
You are in our prayers...
Praying for you. Keep us updated.

Tony Brent
http://www.herestony.com
myspace.com/superstartony
God speed to them! (also a fast truck)
May God bless you each, and may you find comfort and peace in Him. As a former Indiana resident (from the most mildewy part of the state) I can empathize. We pray there is little damage, and that all is repairable.

*jeep! and God Bless!
--Grandpa Chet
I'll certainly be in prayer and if there's anything that I can do for them please let me know...
Hi Kevin:

I'll certainly be praying for you and Kristen.

Ron
I'll be praying for you, too, but like you said, they are just things. Regardless, this is still a troubling thing to have to endure.

There is a silver lining, though... At least Kristen is used to water... ;)

I also hope the PT is going well. They can be your best friends after everything is over, but during the actual therapy, it won't seem like it.

Please let us know if you have any immediate needs that we can help with.
I will pray for you and your family also. Thanks for sharing despite such trying circumstances.

Glen
Kevin, it must be so frustrating for you that you are not there with Kristen.

Thank you for sharing this important news with us here. Yikes! Absolutely I'll be praying for you and your needs right now.
Just said a prayer.
Been watching the mess on television while sitting here in the DFW airport. Yuck!
Hi Kevin,

I am sorry to hear what you and Kristen are going through. I just finished praying for you both, along with your neighbors.
I will keep you and your family in my prayers.
Praying now!
UPDATE:
Everyone is doing fine. The house is drying out. The culvert and propane tank have been reset. Kristen has been busy cleaning everything. Mud is everywhere. We did lose some illusions and pieces to others. Tons of financial records, photos, etc are lost. We did inherit other propane tanks, a lawn mower and other debris that floated to our house.

Overall we didn't have it as bas some people did. Thanks everyone for the prayers.

Kevin
Thanks for the update, I'm glad it's looking up. We had a few of our churches receive damage from the floods and tornado...
Would you guys agree that what is happening are just signs of the times???
I think we'd better be careful what we try to read into current events...
What do you mean???
I think what ClingonMagus means is that "Newspaper Dispensationalism" is not good theology. IOW, you can't necessariliy look at the apparent increase in natural disasters, wars, famines, etc. and assume that are the fulfillment of prophecy.

I bet every generation since Jesus walked the earth thought they were living in the end times. Personally, I think I should live in anticipation of Christ's return but never assume that I know when the end will actually be. Nobody knows the day or the time.

You may be right and things are coming to a head but I don't think anyone can be dogmatic about it.