(Close Window)
Topic: Stick a Pip (peel and stick)
If you have Fredi Up's NEW [b]Stick a Pip[/b], let us know what you think!

Check out the trailer at : http://www.magic-frediup.com/

AD text:

"Now you can create your own incredible gimmicked cards and
personalized magic props easily and just the way YOU want them !

Did you ever want to make your own gimmicked cards because the
pre-printed decks never had just what you wanted? Suppose you wanted
a three of hearts with an ace of diamonds pip on one corner where
would you go to get it? Or maybe you wanted the colors reversed like
a black heart or a red spade . . . where would you go to get it?

With this unique system you can create not only your own gimmicked
cards but also props that have a card prediction on them and the only
restriction is your own imagination. No more laborious card printing
or card splitting! With our patented system all you do is peel and
stick, it's that easy."
How would this compare to the Fako sheets that are sold?

Also it appears these are very thin vinyl pips. I wonder if they would make card handling difficult? As vinyl tends to stick.
It also says they are removable and reusable - I would rather have the old colorform style that you rub a pencil over the backing to put them on.

I think most would be a little awkward - imagine your pips peeling up on a corner... ugly!
[quote]
On 2008-06-16 10:27, mmreed wrote:
It also says they are removable and reusable - I would rather have the old colorform style that you rub a pencil over the backing to put them on.

I think most would be a little awkward - imagine your pips peeling up on a corner... ugly!
[/quote]

Now you have it!
- MOVING pips
- and brand new .... REMOVING pips

Write a routine and sell it for double the price ;-)
Where can one find those Fako sheets?
I guess HANK LEE has them still.
Phew, the price is phenomenal. A review would be helpful.
Card Collection (UK) have it in stock:

http://www.cards4magic.co.uk/acatalog/NEW_LINES_JUST_IN.html
I ordered from the above
will e back with a brief review when they arrive.............
The demo was pretty impressive. I think this might be an alternative. Anything is better than the old rub-on pips.

But, as edh said, I'm wondering if the vinyl pips make handling difficult? If so, then forget it.

Robert
I am wondering about perfect alignment. While you can adjust the positioning when rubbing something onto a card I think it would be a really difficult task to make for instance a split 9 of Spades / 6 of Diamonds that still should look like an original Bicycle card.
This sounds cool.
@magicbilook: not really. The better is the enemy of the good. (could not translate it better, this is what you say in Germany)

I think - if they handle well - they could be really interesting. I suggested using rubbing off pips to several magicians who contacted me getting their own cards. And I think it is more than important to find the best possible solution for a magicianīs problem.

And if the solution is suggesting someone elseīs help or product then it is OK. But I do not want to suggest crap. So if you tell me, they work fine for a special purpose then I will be the last not to support them. They just have to be worth their price.

BTW: the TT of Fredi Up are top notch when asking for a most realistic thumb. But you have to be careful, I bought two of them and the finish on the finger nail came off very soon. Hope you have better experiences.
Do these come with their own blank cards?
As I understand you will get one sheet of Peel Off Pips and you use your own blank cards. Why should they add these cards?
Why not?
I think people will invent many interesting things with these Pips.
I have already an idea. If I can afford a sheet a may try it out.
Just ordered. Comes out to about $25 shipped.
Jerskin, keep us up to date on how practical the will be.

thanks
Message: Posted by: scottsheltonmagic (Jun 24, 2008 10:32PM)
The possibilities sound intriguing and far less expensive than printing your own cards for one-offs, but I'm waiting to see a review first.
I bought a set and never got around to using it yet. Not sure I will at this point. Haven't found a card reveal I like with it yet.
I brought a sheet of 'Stick a Pip' from Card Collection (UK). I got them to stick onto some perspex for a specific effect, and the actual pips look good. I did try to make up a gaff card, and alignment was a problem. I minimised the problem by roughly cutting out a pip on a regular card and overlaying it on a blank face card. This template allowed some accuracy in positioning.
The pips do not come off readily in my experience, although I have not spent any real effort trying this out. I'll try a handling test to see if they make the cards feel like they've been dipped in roughing fluid!
If anyone wants a specific 'Stick a Pip experiment' done, let me know.
I stuck 6 pips on a card to see if it 'dragged' or stuck, and to be honest, while I am no card manipulator, I found no problem at all with normal cuts, shuffles and flourishes. Perhaps time will change this.
PS - I then carefully peeled them off to save waste!
[quote]
On 2008-06-17 12:39, CardMaker wrote:
I guess HANK LEE has them still.
[/quote]
The fako sheets that hank sells aren't the old dry transfers. They are wet transfer decals like you would use on a model car. I ordered some a about a year ago and they look very washed out, gray and pink rather than red and black. Hank was nice enough to let me return the unused sheets. I have considered getting custom made letraset dry transfers from a print shop but am definitely going to try these first.
How does the color of the red pips compare with the red pips in a bike deck?
"not really. The better is the enemy of the good. (could not translate it better, this is what you say in Germany"

Which works fine in English although I hear more often "the excellent is the enemy of the good."

Gil
Where can I get stick a pips. Please pm me. Thanks