(Close Window)
Topic: Jackass memorized deck?
Hi, today my sub for math class, is well a magician. I walked in and I was like, hey what's your name and did a split fan of cards and he didn't react at all and he said let me see a card and he did the pivot and produced it. It was cool for a teacher to do that... but he told me about a "jackass memorized deck" from "one of his father's magic books", is the jackass a good deck memorization or outdated? And what book is that from? Thanks.
There are many card systems similar to the Eight Kings. Jackass is one of them, and is not a memorized deck. John Mulholland, in The Art of Illusion (1944, p.45) came up with the sentence "Jackass ate live tree; king intends to fix several for benign queen" corresponding to the values J-A-8-5-3-K-10-2-6-7-4-9-Q.

Martin
Haha, yes it's a cyclical stack not a memorized one. I don't think it's the best, but it's definitely the funniest - "Jackass ate live tree" :lol:
I don't know but that's a pretty danged funny name.
Jackass Memorize Deck!!!

What a name!!!

hahahahahah

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Symmatrix
There's also a "Hungry jackass..." stack and a "Five trees..." stack that includes "Jack's ass".

Martin is right, though; these are sequential stacks, not designed to be memorized decks (though they obviously [b]could[/b] be memorized). You can read more on this topic in my essay, [url=http://www.oratory.com/deceptionary/aboutstacks.html]An Introduction to Full-Deck Stacks[/url].

... Doug
Never heard of it but I think I'll stick to the Sy Stebbins version.
For me,

I will stick to Martin Joyal 'The six hour memorize deck' Great Stack

Symmatrix
:firedevil: