(Close Window)
Topic: Music editing software for a dummy
Can anyone recommend some easy-to-use music editing software? I recently purchased "Music Creator 4" and despite going through the tutorials, I can't do a d*** thing with it. If "Playskool" for "Fischer-Price" made music editing software, those would be the kind I need. I'm not trying to do anything fancy, just want to cut and paste segments, fade in and out, etc. Thanks in advance.
I use Audacity. It may not be simple enough but it's freeware so you can try it out and see if it works for you:
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

They have both Mac and PC versions.

Michael
I use Sony's Sound Forge Audio Studio 9. While it has some very complex features and capabilities, I find it quite intuitive and easy to use for basic functions like cut and paste, fade in, fade out, looping, removing vocal tracks, etc; It's about $100 so perhaps trying the freeware first to see if it does what you want might prove to be the best option.
The easiest software you will ever find is Garage Band, but you'll need to buy a Mac to use it. I've tried several programs for windows and nothing compares to garage band.
Michael, you da man.
Audacity was pretty much what I was aiming for, and the price can't be beat. Much thanks.
Glad to be of help!

I found out about Audacity on the Café myself!

Michael
Michael, your audacity has proven invaluable...

That didn't come out the way I meant it --what I "meant" to say was,

Your "link" to the Audacity Freeware has proven invaluable , Michael... thanks!!

Even though I am technically challenged, I can now do rough edits. Now I just have to work at (and learn) smooth edits.

Best regards.

Jonathan
My vote is for Audacity too. Simple to use and very powerful.
I just downloaded Audicity but I can't figure out how to get songs from I-Tunes or media player that I have ripped from a C/D.
Jerrid,

Make sure that when you rip a song from a CD, you do it to .WAV format. (Assuming you're on a PC.)

For Windows Media Player 11, go to the Tools Menu and select Options. Then click the Rip Music tab. There's a drop-down selector under "Format" where you should select "WAV (Lossless)" - and save everything. Then when you rip a song from a CD, you can open it with Audacity, or any other editor.

Jeff