(Close Window)
Topic: Hello Folks
Hello everyone,

I'm a novice who has just been offered my first job (a child's party).

I guess the thing that sets me apart is that I've been working extremely hard to create my own equipment. This includes everything from bow ties, fez hats, even puppets.

I'm very excited to be a part of the forum and look forward to sharing ideas with you.

Talk with you soon,
D
Welcome to the Café. There are many helpful people on this forum.
Welcome Perry this is such a cool place! I'm sure you'll find it useful.

MJ
On behalf of Precision Magic... Welcome to the Café and Enjoy.
Welcome Perry ,
Enjoy your stay in the Café.
Angel
Perry,
Welcome, that is cool you make your own props.
Can you share any more pictures?
Thanks,
Bruce
[quote]
On 2008-06-23 19:21, BCS wrote:
Perry,
Welcome, that is cool you make your own props.
Can you share any more pictures?
Thanks,
Bruce
[/quote]

Glad to share what I can. Here is a picture of me with a fez that I completed yesterday, and I'm holding the head of my baboon puppet that I'm working on. He's the reason I started sewing (a skill that no man will admit to!)
Welcome. Love your name!
'unc
Perry, that's a great looking baboon. Good to see another Kentuckian here, too! :D
Thanks Whitjm!

It's really good to be here. I've already received a lot of really great advice, and I'm improving my (inner clown / magician) all the time.

It was kind of a bad picture of the baboon... I'll post more once I have the body finished. This is one of those things where you see something in your mind, and you work on it forever trying to bring it to life. It's modeled after a hamadryas baboon.
Hello and a great big welcome from the Café!! Don't hesitate to ask if you need any direction.

Joe
Greetings all,
I've been doing magic off an on for 30 plus years, mostly for my own amusement. I enjoy learning tricks as well as performing them. I was around magic a lot when I lived in Chicago, when I moved to North Carolina, I stopped performing for quite awhile. But the bug came back, so here I am.
[quote]
On 2008-07-14 18:34, jim_007 wrote:
Greetings all,
I've been doing magic off an on for 30 plus years, mostly for my own amusement. I enjoy learning tricks as well as performing them. I was around magic a lot when I lived in Chicago, when I moved to North Carolina, I stopped performing for quite awhile. But the bug came back, so here I am.
[/quote]

Greetings Jim. Let me be the first to tell you your lost. :D
Perry,
Thanks for the pictures, I appreciate looking at them. I am just starting woodworking. Making a puppet looks pretty intense; I would not know where to begin. I also like the Fez... I have worn my fair share of bow ties (real ones that you tie), but I don’t think I could pull of the fez.
Best of luck,
Bruce