(Close Window)
Topic: Gold Fish Production - David Stone
Message: Posted by: Hengky Ciptanegara (Jun 24, 2008 12:08AM)
Does anyone know where I could buy the gimmick to produce the goldfish like David Stone did on his Real Secret of Magic vol.2?
Not sure if it's the same one, but Dick Barry does sell one.
Kevin James also.
The one on Kevin's site is the exact one I believe.
Yeah. Shoving a fish into that gimmick is a bit cruel..but to each his own.
O yeah and having a thousand goldfish in a tank at a pet store is any better.

Yes the gimmick on KJ site is the same as the one Stone uses and you get a dvd with it on a different handleing

JV
I feed them to my turtles ...... OMGosh
:bat:
LIVE!!!!!!!
No Gimmick required.
I had a actual working teen follow me around one night then telling spectators how I did it. Ticked me off. He was working at the same place too. Have not done it since even though it brought great reactions.
Little Fishy is a single goldfish production. It can hold a real or fake fish. It can be done standing up anytime throughout the act.
Candin:

I wuld have ended my show nicely and then took the kid aside and had a few choice words to share with him. lol

Kyle
[quote]
On 2008-06-25 11:34, magic4u02 wrote:
Candin:

I wuld have ended my show nicely and then took the kid aside and had a few choice words to share with him. lol

Kyle
[/quote]

I would've shoved the GF down his throat

JV
Then after that, I would have told him how you did it...

:)
I think the gimmick is the Kozuch Gimmick. just do a search in murphys.
Can anyone direct me to the actual website to purchase this??
http://www.kjmagic.com that is kevin james web site he sells the fish gimmick.
Visit my site for a description of this.
Are the gimmicks in the last 2 posts the same gimmick??
No. They are different. PM me if you want details.
I think that David Stone uses a gimmick created by Magix Effex anf the gimmick is the lighter itself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-ddyV_N_fo&feature=related

You cant currently find it at their website but ask to them.

D
Why do you cant use a normal TT ?
Or a plastic cigar tube.
Hi Frank,

I went to your site but did not find anything to do with fish. Any more specific?

Dr. Solar
[quote]
On 2008-06-25 11:31, Dynamike wrote:
Little Fishy is a single goldfish production. It can hold a real or fake fish. It can be done standing up anytime throughout the act.
[/quote]

I think it has been said that "humanely"(sp?) it should be done within 15 minutes.

C
R. Dunn
Posted: Jun 24, 2008 3:59pm
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yeah. Shoving a fish into that gimmick is a bit cruel..but to each his own.

[b]Shoving them in your mouth at Red Lobster's a bit cruel also but strangely nobody is picketing them.[/b]
The methods I know are these:

This link actually shows a picture of the gimmick that MANY fish productiosn use under MANY different names. Why Kevin shows the actual gimmick in the ad is beyond me. This is hard to reset and a pain in my opinion:
http://www.kjmagic.com/catalog/effects02.html

I think the better device is "Little Fishy by Diamond Jim Tyler." This device is also pictured in the ad: but there is no forcing the fish back in the gimmick.
http://www.penguinmagic.com/specialorderproduct.php?ID=9238

IF you are doing a stage show I personelly think Fish Kerchief by Anton Corradinth is the best of all three! However it can't be used in close up or strolling from table to table:

http://www.penguinmagic.com/specialorderproduct.php?ID=4092

I of course am open to ther ideas if you ave any!
Hello Brothers and Sisters!

I know that this post is really old but I hope someone will answer to my question about this trick!

I want to buy Kevin James' gimmick and just wondering is there special fish breed for this trick? Or You can use any fish! Pick a fish any fish! And what about fish destiny? :/ Does it die after performance?
[quote]
On 2012-09-06 10:17, Rokas wrote:
Hello Brothers and Sisters!

I know that this post is really old but I hope someone will answer to my question about this trick!

I want to buy Kevin James' gimmick and just wondering is there special fish breed for this trick? Or You can use any fish! Pick a fish any fish! And what about fish destiny? :/ Does it die after performance?
[/quote]

Like any trick, one has to practice and rehearse a magic trick. Especially when it come to living creatures. Just like land animals, they need to be feed and properly cared for, so getting a book researching them is important to do.

I cannot answer these questions, as I do not know what kind of person you are. Will they die, yes, if you throw them in the garbage when you are done will them. No, if you prepared properly with neutralized water in a carrier, and put them in where they are safe.

Any fresh water fish would be able to be used for this trick. Most use Gold Fish, as it is the easiest and least expensive fresh water fish to use. I know they have exotic fresh water fish, but to use them would not be cost effective. Most grow fast, so after a very show time would not fit in the gimmick. If you would get a fresh water Shark, that would bring an element of danger into it, as sharks have to keep moving to survive, they could also bite you as well, because they have teeth.

So when you weight all the elements and do a little research or talk to an aquarium owner or expert at the store, you will may find why the Gold Fish is the most practical fish to use.
Rojas,
You can use feeder fish.
They are cheap goldfish and easily obtained.
I used to buy them for 10 cents each to feed my son's water snake.
Try this:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=346117&forum=10
I agree with the above poster, it's cruel.

Jim
I use Mosquito Fish. I have a whole swim pool of them. When, I produce fish, I take a few fish and some water the have been living in and put them into a small zip lock snack bag. I squeeze out all the remaining air so that there would be no sound from the bubbles. Then I use a change bag to produce them in. Since the Mosquito fish are green, I change them out with some green gummy fish (Swedish Fish candy). That way the fish are comfortable. I will pour the water with the fish in a container with a lid. The first time I did this, the fish jumped out of the glass and all the kids went crazy. Good effect, though, now I put a lid on them.
Leland Eiben, you do realize that if you remove all the air in a bag, the fish are suffocating from no oxygen. Same with putting a cover on the glass.
Old thread, but FYI the inventor of this gimmick is a French magician called Arthur Tivoli.