(Close Window)
Topic: Free Effect For The 'Card Guys'
Here is my free card through table effect I've been using for years.

http://kranzomagic.myshopify.com/pages/kranzos-free-card-effect

Enjoy!

Kranzo
I liked it.
cheers Nathan!
Congratulations, Nathan, and best wishes to Alexander Wayne! Thanks so much for the gift effect- really neat!

Jim
Nicely done. Suggestion, if you're seated, end with The Card Through Table from my very first book (re-written recently, and you have a really strong piece of magic. I'm not mentioning the names of my books because I really am tired of people (the very minority, of course) who keep complaining that I plug my books. Best - HARRY LORAYNE.
Nathan,
Nice trick man! Congrats on the little one!

Mick
Thank Nathan and congratultions.
Harry, when you have put out as much quality work as you have. You can plug all you want.
Thanks, Kex. Fortunately most (99.999%) feel as you do. There are just the few back-biters. HL
If I'm stepping on some toes I'm sorry but one thing really bugged me when I watched it: The card disappeared face down and appeared (pinned to the tabletop by the finger) face up! That doesn't look like it went through the table, that look like a trick... if you know what I mean.

But of course; I haven't tried it out on people, it was just my gut reaction. Still a nice effect :)
Just flip it over. Rotate the card with your index and middle fingers and pin it to the underside of the table with the middle finger instead of the index finger.

No problem!!!

Hope it helps.

Thanks Nathan and congratulations!!!

Tim
[quote]
On 2008-06-28 02:53, Tim Jahn wrote:
[quote]
On 2008-06-28 02:38, Tina I wrote:
If I'm stepping on some toes I'm sorry but one thing really bugged me when I watched it: The card disappeared face down and appeared (pinned to the tabletop by the finger) face up! That doesn't look like it went through the table, that look like a trick... if you know what I mean.

But of course; I haven't tried it out on people, it was just my gut reaction. Still a nice effect :)
[/quote]

Just flip it over. Rotate the card with your index and middle fingers and pin it to the underside of the table with the middle finger instead of the index finger.

No problem!!!

Hope it helps.

Thanks Nathan and congratulations!!!

Tim
[/quote]
Oh... I didn't actually mean it was a problem execution wise :) Just that the original effect didn't 'sit' well with me.

But since we are at it I think I would do it slightly different by leaving the deck on the table, palming off the card under the misdirection of the rubbing and produce the single card from under the table... But now we are taking the thread off topic I think. And it's probably not nice starting to dissect a gift either. I apologize.

Tina
Thanks for all the kind comments guys.

Sure its obviously discrepant. But so are a lot of great magic effects. I know I could do it this way or that way, or with a face up version of the rub a dub, a card palmed etc. But this is the way I do it. You can do it however you like. : )

I make no false claims. This was simply a free gift to share with y'all and drive some traffic to my site. Not trying to claim its anything but that. If you don't like the free effect that's cool. And if you don't like the marketing style then that's ok too.

Somehow I think I'll be able to make it through my day. : )

Thanks for all the support from Café members who appreciate my stuff. You know who you are.

Won't be back for a while....off to vacation. All you nay sayers have fun bickering. : )

All the best,

Kranzo
Nate-

Mazal Tov brother! The little one is lucky to be coming into a home with so much love.

I think it's safe to say your work with a slippery sam is no longer your best creation...

Ben
Nathan, congratulations on the addition to the family!!

As for the effect, I will not comment much as I have viewed the video without sound. The touch I did appreciate, even without the sound, is turning the tabled hand sideways. This is what I enjoy about Nathans stuff, there are little details that improve what may in this case seem an obvious method to some.

As for the discrepancy, I remember a recent (I will not refer to it, my asbestos gloves are out of reach and it was pretty hot there for a while) thread where a card turning face up as a side effect was discussed in some detail. I believe the sane conclusion was that to the creator it enhanced the immediate impact, but that anyone is free to make the slight alteration to the handling required for a face down reveal. In my mind the same applies here. I like face up as the whole deck was under the table; it immediately shows it is indeed the same card.

Michael
Nate,

Thanks for the great trick. What I liked most about it is that it came out from under the table face up at the finger tips so it was clearly not part of the deck. Good stuff.

Again Nate, great item. Thanks for sharing.

Aaron DeLong
Thanks for the gift to us, and congratulations on your own gift!

-T.J.
[quote]
On 2008-06-27 15:38, Harry Lorayne wrote:
Nicely done. Suggestion, if you're seated, end with The Card Through Table from my very first book (re-written recently, and you have a really strong piece of magic. I'm not mentioning the names of my books because I really am tired of people (the very minority, of course) who keep complaining that I plug my books. Best - HARRY LORAYNE.
[/quote]

Hi Harry,

Your right! I've always loved that effect! Benzais right?

Great suggestion.

All the best,

Kranzo
This is an incredibly simple little routine and I love it! I'm not really much of a palming/vanishing kind of guy, but I've always liked the simple rub vanish and your ideas on the rub a dub vanish, plus this new bit, may find a place in my impromptu set.

Congratulations too!
It is a tradition in most western cultures to give a small gift (cigars etc) to your friends upon the birth of a child.

Thanks for the effect Kranzo!!!

On with the Magic!
It's a neat trick. I don't want to dis Bruce Elliot, but did he really invent the one handed stud deal?
[quote]
On 2008-06-28 12:50, Nathan Kranzo wrote:

I make no false claims. This was simply a free gift to share with y'all and drive some traffic to my site. Not trying to claim its anything but that. If you don't like the free effect that's cool. And if you don't like the marketing style then that's ok too.
[/quote]

A generous gift, from a generous and honest fellow!!
Thank you for the effect! I love impromptu tricks, and this is a great one!
Your welcome. : ) I hope it finds its way into your work and you get as much use out of it as I have.

All the best,

Kranzo
[quote]
On 2008-07-02 14:13, Vandy Grift wrote:
It's a neat trick. I don't want to dis Bruce Elliot, but did he really invent the one handed stud deal?
[/quote]

No "dis" to Bruce, in fact, a good question. I'll respond with one of my own - Where did you hear that Elliot "invented", or claimed to have invented, the 1 handed stud deal? I can't remember ever having seen that in the literature, but I lack total recall, so no doubt missed it, or forgot it. It seems an odd thing to claim, since it is such an obvious thing that it has to have been "invented" hundreds of times.

Reminds me of the first time someone told me I was doing a "faro" shuffle - I thought my uncle invented that! He,(my uncle), who had no relation to gambling or magic, always shuffled cards that way. He taught the shuffle to me when I was about 6! We played cribbage three or four nights a week, and when I was old enough, I was allowed to gamble on the games. We played for fifty cents a game, double on the skunk, and you had to pay off with Kennedy halves - they were brand new at the time and everyone was collecting them. Lucky for me, I won more than I lost, and when I started magic and got a copy of Modern Coin Magic I had the coins I needed for most of the tricks I was interested in, including "The Miser's Dream"! I picked the Charlie Miller version since all I needed was a bucket, the halves and a penny - oh yeah, and lots of balls!

Wierd how one thought leads to another, one trick to another, etc. - Is this akin to that "Six Degrees of Separation" thing? Enough rambling from me...

Best, PSC
[quote]
On 2008-06-28 02:38, Tina I wrote:

[/quote]

I argree... but have tried it with a face up rub a dub vanish (Tyler Wilsons) And it worked very well, And is VERY convincing
[quote]
On 2008-07-08 16:39, Paul Chosse wrote:
No "dis" to Bruce, in fact, a good question. I'll respond with one of my own - Where did you hear that Elliot "invented", or claimed to have invented, the 1 handed stud deal? [/quote]

Paul,

The reason I asked is in the explanation of Nathans free trick he shows a production he calls "Brrrrtttt"(sp?) and credits it to Bruce Elliot. (Around the 1:20 mark of the video in the original post). To me, the production looks just like a one handed stud deal. It a tad different from the way I do it, but everyone does it a little differently.

In this case it's used as a fancy magic production, but it looks like the one handed deal that people have been doing forever.

It not a big deal, but that's why I asked.
Nice addition to an Ambitious Card Routine with a signed card.
Nice trick for a beginner - thanks.
Could someone clarify what page Rubidubdub can be found on in expert card teqnique?
[quote]
On 2008-08-15 18:31, CardWiz wrote:
Could someone clarify what page Rubidubdub can be found on in expert card teqnique?
[/quote]

p.301 in the Dover edition.
Cool trick, thanks :D
I loved it!!!!
I performed a lot of times, and kill!!
but I have a modification
do it in your leg
Card thru leg :D

bye!
[quote]
[/quote]

Isn't the strongest advice of seasoned magicians "be yourself"

Just plug the books any time you feel like it's opportune.

Being of a different culture, excuse me for reminding you that you could use a latine sentence "De minimis non curat praetor" which could be translated as "of the smaller the master doesn't care". It's impossible to know if it's the smaller people or the smaller comments...
[quote]
On 2008-08-14 00:37, Magicray69 wrote:
Nice addition to an Ambitious Card Routine with a signed card.
[/quote]
Yes it is, it is part of Daryl's ACR published in his book Ambitious Card Omnibus.
Fish.

P.S. Cute little quicky, Mr. Kranzo.
[quote]
On 2009-02-01 17:40, Lawrence O wrote:
[quote]
[/quote]

Isn't the strongest advice of seasoned magicians "be yourself"

Just plug the books any time you feel like it's opportune.

Being of a different culture, excuse me for reminding you that you could use a latine sentence "De minimis non curat praetor" which could be translated as "of the smaller the master doesn't care". It's impossible to know if it's the smaller people or the smaller comments...
[/quote]

What are you implying?
Nathan, thank you for the free magic..... and congratulations on your new addition to the family.

Joe
Thanks for the free card effect Nathan!

I also liked your quick Rub A Dub card- to Mullica Wallet that you did at your lecture in MD.

Your work with that wallet made me a Mullica believer!

Douglas M.
Douglas thank you so much! The RUB a DUb To Wallet is another favorite smack em hard quickie. IT's all on the new DVD. Did you get your yet?

Later,

Kranzo