(Close Window)
Topic: Counting Six Cards!
I enjoy the six card repeat and am working on the idea of, each time I count the cards, I count them in a different way. For example...

I have...one, two, three, four, five and six!
In Spanish...uno, dos, tres, cuatro, cinco and seis!
In Indonesia...satu, dua, tiga, empat, lima and
In binary....1, 10, 11, 100, 101 and 110!
In golf...one, two, three, FORE, five and six
In latin...eye, eye eye, eye eye eye, eye vee, vee, vee eye.
In tasmania/poland/ireland....one, two...err...let me start again...um one?
Now don't go too far, Tasmanians can count better than that... after all two heads are better than one.
I sometimes do a joke when performing for children where I claim I can count to 10 in French. Then I count in English with a dodgy French accent. Stupid but gets a laugh.

1-6

in Nasa: 6,5,4,3,2,1
in Magpie: sorrow,joy,girl,boy,silver, gold
in Highlander: there shall be only 1
In KOREAN (spelled phoenetically): Hana, Duel, Set, Net, Tassot, Yassot.

You can always count in Roman Numerals and when you get to "5" hold up a "v". might be funny.

Robert Haas
Robert speaks Korean!!?? Ok that just freaked me out a bit. learn something new every day.

Could also sount in pig-Latin. That could be fun.

Kyle
Japanese, Ichi, ni ,san, shi, go, ro

And to steal from Mac King, in Belgian. Unskin, dunskin, threeskin, five...
In NASA it would be.. 6....5.....4....3...2...1
For Kyle it's 1, 2, ummmmmm, 3, ummmmmmmmm, 4? 4 or 5 I can't remember!

And Yes, I speak FLUENT Korean. I went to the Department of Defense Language institute and was stationed in Korea for 2 years. Photius speaks Japanese because, well, he's just cool!
But did Rob learn any cool Korean Kung-Fu moves he can teach us?
I learned the art of Ka-Ching while in Korea.

(pulls out shotgun))

Ka-ching!
Oh that was a good one. I bet Robby boy spent all night and all week just planning this joke and waiting to spring it on us. good job Rob. Now go and yell at some trees. lol
My favorite trees to yell at are oaktrees for some reason. They look the most like my wacker soldiers I have.
Um yeah ok. You just go and yell at those trees all day long rob. Let us know how it goes. Hope one of the trees yells back at you some day. So do you like get mad it is drops an acorn or a leaf while you are yelling at it?
No, but we did paint faces on the trees once. It's amazing the things that they make you do in Drill Sergeant School. True story. Lol.
Ok so let me get this straight. You got paint and painted a face on a tree and then began to yell at it for hours? Um folks can't you see this poor man needs our help? Stop counting your 6 cards and count out 6 dollars instead to send to this poor lad. He pants faces on trees and yells at them. Pathetic.. and I pay tax money for this?
Hehehehe. I pay taxes too so I support my own mental retardation...lol.

I loved Drill Sergeant school. There is nothing more enjoyable for me then yelling at a Private for the first time and watch them shake because they're so scared. I love it.
Yeah but can you make them doody in the own pants? Now THAT is skill.
Not by yelling- Only by punching them real hard in the stomach. Lol.
Oh so they let you actually punch these poor and hope-less lads? hey sign me up. lol Now let me count how many punches have landed.. 1...2...3...4...5..6. Now if I punch them 3 times.. I still get to punch them 1..2...3..4..5..6 times.
Then you have to even it all out with 1...2....3...4...5...6 kicks.
Aww ok so I kick them 1..2..3..4..5..6 times and then give them 1..2..3. kicks and I still get to punch them 1..2..3..4..5..6 times?
Yes, but first rememeber to make them do 1...2...3...4...5...6 push ups and 6 sit ups first.
Aww ok so if they do 1..2..3..4..5..6 puchups and sits ups then I have to takle away 1..2..3 things.. what should those be?
Their time, money and phone privileges. Anybody have any Privates I can yell at- not the type that are in your pants though.
Good idea using this line of jokes with 6 card repeat. I don't know if the idea of counting in different styles is original with Gazzo, but here it is in action.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAGm6987xTE

I would love to know if there for more sources on this gag as I really like the concept but I won't use it unless its "public domain", published somewhere or stolen by at least a couple dozen people already. ;)
Nicholas,

It's definitely a viable idea.

I was doing the 6 card repeat in different languages in 1983 out in Ibiza.(I was a very young man :baby2:) We had a multi national audience and most of the comedy came initially unitentionally as I stuggled with the pronuciation of the numbers in the different languages.

About 5 years or more ago I saw British comedy magician/vent Bertie Pearce (Pierce?) doing the 6 card repeat in different languages using chapeaugraphy. (spelling?) He created different hats associated with the nationality of each language he used whilst performing the trick.

Neal
I think it can be a very funny idea if they get funnier and crazier as you go along. How many differnet ones do you need? In other words how many times does it repeat?

Kyle
The first two will be straight...i.e.

"I need five cards. Let me count them. one, two, three, four, five and six."
I throw one away
"Let me count them AGAIN. one, two, three, four, five and six"
I throw one away
"Let me count them in spanish! Uno, dos etc."
That makes sense Nicholas. I think then (not sure if we agree), that it would be funny if te countiong got funnier and more ridiculous as it goes on.

Kyle
For our recent close up contest (ring 129..) I started doing 6 card repeat..counted 6 cards..slowly and fairly through them away..then crumbled up the rest of the deck...(thanks D.R.)

Harris