(Close Window)
Topic: Custom fire tools
Hello, I am the Great Nippulini, a retired sideshow performer and frequent visitor to the "Believe It or Not!" section here at the Café'. I am also a blacksmith, weldor, and sculptor. I have made many tools for performing the "blockhead" routine for sideshow performers, and have sold them through the Café'. The reason I am posting here is that I am branching out my business to cater to fire performers and the like.

With years of blacksmithing technique under my belt, I can safely say that any type of fire tools you need I can make. I can do custom fabrication to your own specifications for eating torches, hand torches, wands, fans, etc. At this point, I do not do wicking, from what I've heard most of you fire guys like to do that yourselves. In addition to simple tools, the variations of decoration of steel will greatly enhance the visuals included in your performance. These enhancements include twists, reverse twists, basket twist pommels, punch and drifted handles, wrapped loop handles, the list goes on and on.

Have an idea in your head but can't find it anywhere? Send me any type of drawing or artwork and I will make it a reality. Seen someone use a "one-of-a-kind" tool and you can't find a supplier? Send me a picture, I'll make it.

Depending upon how intricate and involved your request is, my pricing is fair but may seem a bit high when compared to your average run-of-the-mill fire tools. For example: a standard 16 inch torch I've seen priced anywhere between $15 to $25. My price is $30 to $40, but you will get a WAY better product. If you are wondering "is this guy full of it?", well just go to the "Believe It or Not" section of the Café' and you can read all the rave reviews about my work.

PM me if you'd like, or you can shoot me an e-mail at contact @ greatnippulini.com.
Wow, I think you just did many of us (including me) very happy!
Thanks, Magicko.... I just came up with a new idea for a torch: BRASS KNUCKLES!!
Cool!! What would you take for that? I find it exiting when people offer their services like this. Thank you!
Just whipped these up today... comments?
[img]http://www.greatnippulini.com/torches.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.greatnippulini.com/handles.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.greatnippulini.com/twists.jpg[/img]
Close up of tip.... your wicking will snag perfectly onto it.
Just whipped these up today... comments?
[img]http://www.greatnippulini.com/barbtip.jpg[/img]
You are amazing man! How big or small can you make them? Those are really nice!
I can make them anyway you'd like.... want super dramatic 24 inch long.. sure... want to burn your fingers? I could whip out a 4 inch handle. Heh heh... seriously that's why I posted the topic as "Custom" fire tools.... anything you desire, I can fashion with iron.
Could you make gimmicks? (one that I've made up myself, pretty simple but I don't have the right tools or skills to make it)
If its to be made of steel, I can make it.
Message: Posted by: thegreatnippulini (Jul 10, 2008 10:55AM)
Here guys, check this out:

http://greatnippulini.com/sideshow.html
Cool!
Message: Posted by: thegreatnippulini (Jul 25, 2008 11:48AM)
So what, nobody needs any torches?
Nice themub tack! Ill take one..... oh wait a minute I had the first one! *** fine it is too!
Sorry thumb tack!
My thumbs are too bug for mjky jkeuy board henace the siuzxe of my nerew themub tackl
(if you need this de-coding just ask)
Just bringing this one back up for anyone who might have missed it, please check out the page http://greatnippulini.com/sideshow.html

Thanks!
TGN
Yep once again bringing the thread back to the top.

Seriously folks, does ANYBODY here need a new torch? You know you want it!
Message: Posted by: J.G. the magnificent (May 5, 2010 11:16PM)
I am sorry but I have do block head occationally for freinds and I don't understand why anyone would buy $20 nails. I can understand the mini swords and special drill bits. However I always just use improvized nails lying around as long as they are cleaned with alcohol first of course. I understand a smooth one with less point yet still is kind of a wast in my opinion. I got a box of dozens for around $6 I think. Everyone buys props now back in the day magicians used what they had. I loved the hook though that is wild! I saw a guy on America's got tallent using a big meat hook in his nose coming out his mouth dangling weights from it. Crazy stuff!
I can give you a buncha reasons why to use a Nips Nail.
Smoother. Never any burrs to worry about
Brighter than a store bought nail
They never rust
They are surgical steel and don't hold onto bad things the way a pitted nail would.
They don't have an oil coating and don't need one.
They "taste" better inside your head than a standard nail. (If you don't know what I mean by that, then you have not done the stunt enough)
Custom sizing- You can get the EXACT nail you need.
Got a deep but narrow nasal cavity? Nips can make a long thin nail.
Got a huge shallow one? Nips can make one to fit that too.

Now...If you are doing blockhead occasionally for friends...Fine. Get a box of 20p nails. Go to town. Be that cool guy in the bar, maybe someone will buy you a beer.

For those of us who do hundreds of shows a year, we invest in personalized props that give us EXACTLY what we want. I own the first of the nasal swords, a drillbit and a nail (And two amazing swords for swallowing, but I digress). I won't use anything but a Nippulini nail.
My nose is worth it.
G
Message: Posted by: thegreatnippulini (May 13, 2010 08:51AM)
I just noticed this thread coming back up.

1. Thanks Gwyd for your ongoing support. You are the man.

2. If you happen to work in a venue near the ocean, stainless is a MUST! Your cheap hardware store nails will rust in a matter of minutes. You can get a very nasty reaction and potential infection from blockheading with rusty nails. Also JG, you say you don't care if the point is sharp. You should know the dangers of sharp rusty burrs on machine cut nails.

3. If you can find hand forged stainless steel nails for less than $20, BUY THEM! I am currently the only person in the world who offers it, so what's the problem?

4. That guy with the blockhead hook and the weights... his hardware was fabricated by me. You saw my work on TV yet you attempt to put down my steel.

5. What does any of this have to do with torches and fire tools?

TGN

BTW, if you ever tried one of my nails, you would know the difference and probably never use those $6 box of cheap A36 grade rusty nails.
Message: Posted by: J.G. the magnificent (Dec 20, 2010 01:47PM)
[quote]
On 2010-05-06 10:24, gsidhe wrote:
I can give you a buncha reasons why to use a Nips Nail.
Smoother. Never any burrs to worry about
Brighter than a store bought nail
They never rust
They are surgical steel and don't hold onto bad things the way a pitted nail would.
They don't have an oil coating and don't need one.
They "taste" better inside your head than a standard nail. (If you don't know what I mean by that, then you have not done the stunt enough)
Custom sizing- You can get the EXACT nail you need.
Got a deep but narrow nasal cavity? Nips can make a long thin nail.
Got a huge shallow one? Nips can make one to fit that too.

Now...If you are doing blockhead occasionally for friends...Fine. Get a box of 20p nails. Go to town. Be that cool guy in the bar, maybe someone will buy you a beer.

For those of us who do hundreds of shows a year, we invest in personalized props that give us EXACTLY what we want. I own the first of the nasal swords, a drillbit and a nail (And two amazing swords for swallowing, but I digress). I won't use anything but a Nippulini nail.
My nose is worth it.
G
[/quote]
Wow vever thought of it that way. Plus I can see a person doing it frequently buing them given all the performances where it can go wrong.
Message: Posted by: J.G. the magnificent (Dec 20, 2010 01:53PM)
[quote]
On 2010-05-13 09:51, thegreatnippulini wrote:
I just noticed this thread coming back up.

1. Thanks Gwyd for your ongoing support. You are the man.

2. If you happen to work in a venue near the ocean, stainless is a MUST! Your cheap hardware store nails will rust in a matter of minutes. You can get a very nasty reaction and potential infection from blockheading with rusty nails. Also JG, you say you don't care if the point is sharp. You should know the dangers of sharp rusty burrs on machine cut nails.

3. If you can find hand forged stainless steel nails for less than $20, BUY THEM! I am currently the only person in the world who offers it, so what's the problem?

4. That guy with the blockhead hook and the weights... his hardware was fabricated by me. You saw my work on TV yet you attempt to put down my steel.

5. What does any of this have to do with torches and fire tools?

TGN

BTW, if you ever tried one of my nails, you would know the difference and probably never use those $6 box of cheap A36 grade rusty nails.
[/quote]
I know about points which is why I could half to be an dummy to use rusty nails. As for the guy on T.V. at the time I hadn't a clue you fabricated his material. Only until I checked out your bebsite I realized the drill bit was special. Now realize everything was. I though the meat hook and most everything else was normal. Your right it has nothing to do with your post. Sorry for that, given the discussion though I should eventually purchase your nails. I was not very smart when I first posted.
I just received a set of Nippulini torches. I must say these are WICKED(not wick'd, WICK-EDD)! The twists forged into them look almost medievil. The only problem is that they have no wicks attached, I had to do that myself. He's not kidding about holding strength though. The wicks I wrapped won't come off no matter what! This is a great safety measure as I like spinning and alwasy worried about a wick flying off into the crowd. These are the best thing I have ever purchased on the internet! Way to go Nipps!