(Close Window)
Topic: New Site- What do you think?
Hiya gang!

I finally got my new site up and would love to know what everyone thinks. There's still a few kinks but overall I'm really happy with it:

http://www.jamiedgrant.com

Thoughts?

~jdg
Jamie, I like the look of the first page, but couldn't read the first few words.

The second page says "Someone once told me they thought magicians were pretentious, creepy, or goofy..." Jamie says with a laugh, "I'm doing everything I can to change those opinions".

Jamie, in 40 years, I've never had anyone, even through anyone else, say anything like that. It seemed negative to have on a website. I'd get rid of that and stick with the next paragraph:

"I arrive with a positive attitude, appropriately dressed, and never embarrass anyone. I'm there to make sure everyone has a fantastic time." Jamie has performed for celebrities, charities, and such companies as Cirque Du Soleil and the Jim Pattison Group. He has also been featured in the world famous Ripley's Believe It Or Not! and is a celebrated writer for two of magic's leading authorities, Street Magic Magazine and the Magic Café".

That sounded very positive.

But, it's just an opinion.
Hiya Chris,

Thanks for the comments!

Anyone else?

~jdg
Hi Jamie,

The landing page is VERY hard to read, almost unreadable on my screen.

Just a heads up.... Google and other search engines aren't fond of landing pages. Better to make your home page the index page of your site.

Love the graphic look of the logo and the VERY subtle animation around your Herschfeldian portrait.
Jamie,

I really like the design aesthetic and overall tone of it. It fits what I know about you personally. Content-wise, I don't know that you need to change a thing.

I agree that the opening page's graphics are a bit difficult to read, though. Is it possible to enlarge the writing?
I have to admit, I don't have a big computer screen by any means and I can read the text just fine but if others can't that might be a concern. Your site is really nice, sweet graphics. I work with graphics people so I'm use to seeing good looking websites. Yours is one of them.

But forget the website dude, how do ya get that pack of cards into the bottle!!
Come on now spill it!! LOL

take care
I did actually post a relply but it seems it's been taken off, why?...
Thanks for the great comments and suggestions!

Martin King- I believe you posted on a different thread...

Thanks again!

~jdg
Whoops!!! Yeah you're right, my fault...now I look like the true dumb a** that I really am!!!