(Close Window)
Topic: Venthaven is almost here!
I still feel like a kid waiting for Santa, even more than last year because this year's theme is taking it up a notch.

You can't have a convention year after year and keep going over the beginner stuff. A few people (myself included) had made that suggestion to various people on the planning committee and it soulds like they listened.

Should be a great time!
I am counting the days as well Neale. This year my 12 yr old son is joining me as well. Will be fun!

=)
Well we will see both of you very soon!
What is "Venthaven"?
Is it like "Valhalla"?
;)
Venthaven is the International Ventriloquist Convention that is taking place July 16-19 in Fort Mitchell Kentucky. Over 400 ventriloquists from all over the world come to laugh and learn.
I know, Neale, I know. I was kidding.
Thank God I didn't do the "Star Trek Convention" joke....
I appreciate your effort, though.
Hey, my parole officer said it's OK for me to go to VentHaven! See ya there!

As soon as I get back, it's back to work though. Summer reading shows await:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=UDa5ZtRDe7s
Alas, I've had to cancel at the last minute.

Have a great time, guys and gals!

Bob

:(
Sorry to hear that Bob! I have just checked in at the Drawbridge and am about to go explore. I've started a blog for my travels and hope to update the site as time permits. If anyone wants to check it out:
http://comedyventriloquist.blogspot.com/
My wife and I are hoping to get there next year - this year we are going to Kidabra. Anyone else going?

Dave
Petra,

Very, very, very, very nice video ad.

It made me want to come to your show, and I'm not even a kid!

Impressive skills, indeed.
I've been e-mailing Ventriloquist Central with convention updates - it has been easier than trying to update my blog - which I will continue to do as well. Last night Terry Fator performed his show. The guy is technically perfect, funny, an amazing vocalist and an all-around incredible entertainer. He followed with a Q & A session, then gave out free DVD's and signed/took photos with everyone. (It was a long line!)

I've had the pleasure of finally meeting Steve Petra and many of the names I've read about, seeing some great vents perform - its non-stop. I've always heard how great this convention was - but being here is an incredible experience. Start planning for next year - its definitely worth the investment.
I'm dyin' here!

Next year...next year....

B
[quote]
On 2008-07-15 18:23, Steve Petra wrote:
Hey, my parole officer said it's OK for me to go to VentHaven! See ya there!

As soon as I get back, it's back to work though. Summer reading shows await:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=UDa5ZtRDe7s
[/quote]
LOVED IT!!!
Today was a busy day - (actually yesterday as I write this.) Hopefully Dan's blog will update soon!
Some nice photos here... :)

http://animoto.com/play/j48UF5JUWLM7k4WJMrhDdQ
Hey Tom,

I really enjoyed reading your comments at the Ventriloquist Central Blog.

You made me realize how important the ConVention is...how important it is searching for new materials, new techniques and most of all new friends.

Thanks Tom :)
I am sitting here in the lobby waiting to go to the airport and just reliving all the great memories - what an incredible conference!
I hope I can join the ConVention in the future :)
Wanlu - why not next year? We could say hello 'in person'.

Dave
That would be very nice Dave :)

For this year's convention, I asked Mr Wade for an invitation as early as 11 months before the convention date because it takes awhile to get a Visa. But I got the invitation just barely 4 months before the convention and believe me that's not enough time.

Getting a Visa to the USA by someone like me is almost impossible.The Embassy will check your bank account, you must own a house etc etc etc :(

Anyway...God willing, I hope I can make it next year and say hello to you personally :)

By reading Tom's stories, I feel that there's really much much more to learn about ventriloquism :)
Bob Baker DO NOT READ this!!

This was the best convention ever. What an absolute blast from beginning to end.

... and thanks to everyone for the nice comments on my goofy library video.

Back to work.
[quote]
On 2008-07-21 00:45, Steve Petra wrote:
Bob Baker DO NOT READ this!!

This was the best convention ever. What an absolute blast from beginning to end.

... and thanks to everyone for the nice comments on my goofy library video.

Back to work.
[/quote]

Shoot!!! Saw it by mistake...Now, where did I leave my Prozac?

B
I know it has only just finished (kind of), but what are the dates for next year?

Dave
The dates for 2009 have not been posted on the web site yet, but it is always in the middle of July. I believe I heard that it will be July 15 -18 next year, but I can not confirm this.
Many thanks, Undone, will keep my eyes open.

Dave
I believe those dates are correct. VentHaven is unlike any other convention I've ever attended. My attitude in the past has always been that I earn a living as a performer - so shows come first. After attending the 2008 convention, I am already holding those dates for next year. Start saving and planning now. You will not regret it.
Tom, thanks to you, too. Spooky - posting at the exact same time!

I am trying to fit things in and tie them in with KIDabra (we are going again next year, it was so good). I'm not sure I can afford so long away from home, but will see how things go.

Dave
Hi gang,

Does anybody know anything about a vent convention happening in Japan in a few weeks? :)

Wanlu