(Close Window)
Topic: Greetings from Scotland
Hi,

I've been on board for a few days now, and this is the first of me introducing myself. How rude!

Anyway, I am a juggler first with an interest in street/sideshow magic. Anything involving object manipulation and making the body do seemingly weird things. Feel free to email me if you want to blether about anything juggling.
Welcome to the Cafe, I'm sure you will fit in quite nicely here.

:stout: Have one on the house

:devilish:
Message: Posted by: Philemon Vanderbeck (Mar 7, 2002 10:43AM)
[quote]
Anything involving object manipulation and making the body do seemingly weird things. [/quote]

Welcome!

I assume you're already familiar with "contact juggling" (ala Michael Moschen)? If not, you should pick up a copy of James Ernest's book, "Contact Juggling."

(For me, there's simply nothing more truly magical than this)
[i]Welcome[/i] to [b]The Magic Cafe![/b]
I hope you enjoy your time here and come back often! :hamburger: :coffee:
Quote: I assume you're already familiar with "contact juggling"

Yep, I've dabble in contact juggling a bit. Michael Moschen is phenomenal and I like the Earnest book, even if he does "borrow" bits and pieces without giving credit... ;)
Message: Posted by: Dr.Nobodyyoueverknew (Mar 7, 2002 12:03PM)
Welcome!!!
I hope (and know) that you will like this Cafe.

Dr.No
:bigdance: :dancing:
Wow! Finally we have found the 'missing link' so our worries have reached to an end.
(What a wonderful nick you have.) As an exchange hope you will find the best coffee and best friends here.
Welcome aboard. :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:
Welcome aboard, Missing.
You say you are interested in "making the body do seemingly weird things".
What a coincidence!
I'm interested in making OTHER people's bodies do weird things! :rotf:
cheers,
Peter Marucci
showtimecol@aol.com
A warm and hearty welcome to the Cafe. I know you will enjoy all the time you spend here, even if you have to juggle your schedule to do so.

-Marty
:banana: Hi Missing_Link! :carrot:

Welcome to the "Magic Cafe"

It's great to have another juggler on board!
I can juggle, :blush: not very well, but I think I can manage at least two at a time. :bg:

Have you ever done that? :rotf: :goof: :rotf:

Ichazod juggles his cat's. :kitty: :kitty: :kitty:
I saw him juggle them off the balcony just the other day. :lol:

Great to have you with us! :yippee:

Mya :cuteangel:
Message: Posted by: Steven the Amusing (Mar 9, 2002 05:01PM)
Welcome Missing Link from Fife :wavey:

I think I know what contact juggling is... but I'll bet it would be REALLY impressive if you *never* contacted the objects you juggle! (Psychokinesis!) I've seen Lance Burton "juggle" a little round canary cage without touching it but well I guess it was an illusion ;)
Missing_link,
Well at least now you're not missing coffee and donuts. :coffee: :donut5:

Good to have you.

Sable
:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
Hey there Missing_Link

I saw your post in my new arrivals thread and I need to give you the bad news that I'm in fact an English spy come to Scotland to learn all your secrets.

I'll attempt to make this up by encouraging the entertaining world of magic whilst I'm up here in this fair land.

Billy
Freeeeeedom!

Just kidding :rotf:

The more people interested in magic/ juggling/ performing in Scotland, the better!

Cheers

ML

:stout:
Welcome ! You have come to the right place. There is something for everyone. Do not forget to post, because that is the real fun of the Cafe. Enjoy!
:wavey:
Hi Missing_Link,

Glad to have you join us here at the cafe.

I'm interested in reading more about the items you juggle. Do you perform side-show stuff as well (blockhead etc.)?

A hearty welcome to you! Now lets hear the pipers play!!!

Joe Marotta :bigdance:
Hi Joe

I juggle balls, clubs, rings, knives, torches, fruit, vegetables, spectators...oh wait, one of those is wrong.

Yes, I do some sideshow stuff including blockhead and fire eating (yum). I've been learning a few magical effects with nails to combine with this into a new routine.

I've found lots of useful info from helpful Cafe regulars and my act has certainly improved as a result. I even have a new stage name which I'll be promoting myself with in the near future.

Cheers

ML

ps, you don't really want to hear the pipes, do you? What a noise :rotf:
Hello! Good to see some more Scottish forum members.

Ever perform in Edinburgh. I'm looking for a good magic shop there, but I guess you don't need that kind of shop. :)

Cheers

Alex
Hi

Yeah, I've performed in Edinburgh but can't think of a shop there. You could try The Chickenshop in Kirkcaldy or Tam Shepherd in Glasgow.

ML :wavey:
Actually I DO like the pipes. Have you heard of this band Bad Haggis? http://www.badhaggis.com/ I like the mix of a piper with the alternative band sound. Kind of what Jethro Toll did in the 70's with a flute and a rock band... just different.

Hay, what's the difference between a juggler and a piper?
Give up???
The juggler has a pager! :lol:

Hope you get a web site up with some vids of you performing. I bet many of us would like to see your act! Sounds great!

Cheers,

Joe Marotta
( you see, the piper doesn't have a pager because no one is ever going to page him...)
Hello my magic friend from Scotland, a warm welcome from someone in Singapore!

I am sure you will like it here! Keep the post coming! :bluebikes:
Joe, can't say I've heard of Bad Haggis. I ate one once - not a pretty story. Seatbelt on the toilet time.

A few bands have tried to bring the bagpipes into more modern music. If you've heard of the Scottish band Big Country then you'll know that they managed to make their electric guitars sound like bagpipes.

Bon Scott, the Scottish born and long deceased, singer with AC/DC played pipes and there is a combined pipes/ guitar solo on their song It's a Long Way To The Top (If you wanna rock n roll).

I can't believe I have this much trivia floating around in my head! :rotf:

I'm designing my website as we speak and hope to have it up and running in a month or so. I'm launching (hopefully) my new show at the end of July and will have some video footage then.

Slainte

ML
Hi Missing Link,

welcome from someone in Germany.

Magically yours

Manipulix :sun:
Vielen Dank! Hab' Ich Deutschland mehrmals besucht (Frankfurt am Main und an der Oder, Freiburg, Hamburg, Muenchen, Usingen, Ingolstadt...).

Pommes mit Mayo...mmmmmm!

ML :stout: