(Close Window)
Topic: Dallas and Co.
I just wanted to get on here and mention how great a time I had last night at the SAM magic meeting at Andy Dallas's Magic Shop in Champaign, IL. I've been in town on business for a couple of weeks and knew there was a magic shop in town. I walked in as a total stranger and Andy treated me so nicely. He invited my to the local magic club meeting and to dinner beforehand. After the meeting a couple of us guys stuck around until after midnight to session.

When I went to leave, I wanted to purchase the latest copy of MAGIC magazine, but didn't have any cash. I asked if he still had his credit card machine still running. He said it was down for the night. I told him how nice it was to meet him and prepared to leave, but he stopped me and asked me what I wanted to buy. I told him and he just handed it to me. "Just take it," he said. "It's on me."

I know it wasn't an expensive item, but Andy didn't owe me anything. He also knew I wasn't from around town, so it's not like I'm always going to be in his shop buying stuff. It was a genuine act of kindness that I won't ever forget. Andy doesn't know I'm posting this or anything, but I thought I should let others know about his shop in case they are ever in town.

Caleb
Caleb,

I'm not suprised at all at the treatment you recieved from Andy.
It's just typical of him to be generous in this way.

Wish I could have been at the meeting...I've missed quite a few due to my work load.

Thanks for taking the time to make note of Andy's generosity and I hope you'll stop in again sometime if you're in the area.

andrew
Oops I missed it again..