(Close Window)
Topic: World Magic Shop -- a new impression
My first dealings with World Magic Shop were not the best. I had taken issue with their release of Refraction for various reasons which are dealt with in a different thread. The outcome was, in the long run, best for all parties concerned. Ted Lesley was compensated, and David Penn and Jim Trainer gained a lot of points and credibility in my estimation. That one thing turned the whole incident around for me.

I have spoken to Jim Trainer many times on the phone since the incident with Refraction. Last week at the combined IBM-SAM convention in Louisville, I finally had a chance to meet some of the people who make the company work. I didn't get to spend much time with David Penn. He impressed me as a nice fellow. I know from his DVD's that he is much more than just a competent performer. He is also an excellent entertainer.

However, the guys in the trenches at this convention were the ones that really impressed me. These are Craig Petty and Costas Damianou. Both of these fellows are real gentlemen. They have excellent sense of humor. But their real value to World Magic Shop is in their customer relations AND their ability to produce new material.

Craig is an excellent demonstrator. But in addition to that, he is also very good at finding new ways to use the various items that the shop has produced. His way of thinking reminds me in some ways of my friend, Daniel Garcia. He has figured out more ways to use the "in the Bag" concept than I ever thought possible. He has done this with everything they demonstrate. He must spend days and nights working on all of this stuff.

Costas is a heck of a counterman as well. He knows his material, and demonstrates it well.

I came away from the convention knowing that the art of magic is alive and well in the UK and it is in very good hands at this particular shop.
Hey Bill,

What a compliment coming from such an esteemed Wizard as your good self.

We are really committed to producing magic that gives quality at a fair price.

Costas and Craig are worn out after a 10 day stint at the convention. Craig is now taking 4 hours sleep instead of his usual 3 hours. I think he sleeps even less than you do.

We have almost finished the edit on Craig¡¦s latest stuff which was filmed just a few weeks before the convention. He spent all day yesterday working on his about to be filmed TRILOGY DVD ¡§COINING AROUND¡¨.

We are also considering locking him in a room for 24 hours with just a pack of cards and no coins just to see what he can come up with.
That of course is assuming, that he will survive his night of flash paper madness. He took home about 20 packs of Flash Pads tonight after Costas and he had discussed some interesting effects with Flash Paper. His parting words to me were Russell and I are going to have a heck of a night with this stuff but the scared look on Sarah¡¦s face (Craig¡¦s wife) said it all.

I love Craig like a brother but Craig with years supply of Flash Paper is just asking for trouble. Thankfully Russell is not so scatterbrained and so the Petty Household may survive the night. LOL ļ

Seriously though, Craig is a force to be reckoned with his brain is a finely tuned magic computer that just works 24/7 and we are proud to be able to release his creations to the magic community.

Hope to meet up with you some time soon. Thanks again for your help and support.

Best regards
Jim
Jim:

You are welcome. As you well know, I just call 'em like I see 'em.

Take care,
Jees Bill, you made me blush lol

Ive just read this, I know I'm a bit slow. You are a true Gentleman and a friend for years to come.
I have used World Magic Shop many times and find them to be one of the best dealers I have ever used. Excellent range of stock, prompt service and they actually answer the phone!
Unlike other dealers, they are very honest with their advice and don't try and sell you any old rubbish. The quality of service I have received from WMS is 100%.