(Close Window)
Topic: Busking in Boston
There was a front page article in today's Boston Globe about busking. Apparently, Mayor Menino got tired of the drumming and ordered the busking shut down. It is now severely limited as far as location. The excuse is that they are enforcing fire lane laws and guidelines, i.e., it's for the safety of the crowds.

An unnamed group of performers are trying to work this out.

Stay tuned...
Thanks for the info... I will have to check that out.
Thanks Marty, :(

I was thinking of hitting the Commons next weekend. :(
Tony still go... As long as you are in the grass and not blocking the walkway they will not be able to stop you.

Just tell them nicely that you are allowed to perform there and that you understand that you can not block the walkways.

I perform right by the baseball feild in the common... about 15 feet off the walkway. It works out well because there is a walk/don'twalk sign right down the way (from people crossing from the garden to the common. What you get is large
groups of people that are allowed to cross the street at the same time.. Making it easier to build a crowd.

If you are going to still go let me know.. maybe we can share the pitch and learn a little somthing from each others styles... I'm still learning myself. Somedays I'm on some days I'm off. I think it would be great to see someone else perform there act.

Let me know.
Shawn