(Close Window)
Topic: Infinity Thread Question
I'm having a very difficult time stripping some Infinity elastic thread. When I do get it stripped, it seems to break very easily. Does anyone have experience using this thread with the full three strands? Is it workable that way?
In point of fact, Infinity Elastic Thread has four strands. I use a large piece of bright white cardboard on the table when I am stripping the threads. This in combination with appropriate lighting makes it pretty easy to find single strands and separate them.

Carrie
Stripped, they are not very strong to begin with. With the supply I got, I split them to about a double strand and then use it as is. I don't however tie loops with them because they are a bit thick unstripped and then when stripped, they don't hold up too well for a lot of Loop work. I mean they will work fine but then just lose a lot of it's elasticity and breakage becomes very common. I can't wait to try out the v2 of Infinity thread since it's supposedly the same stuff as the Mesika's which would be awesome because the Mesika's is expensive at $20 for only 100 ft.
Kissdadookie says.. "it's supposedly the same stuff as the Mesika's"

That is incorrect! I promote this as being the same "SIZE" as Mesika's not the "same stuff".

I truly believe my product is superior to any other IET on the market.

Rudy
Ha ha, sorry about that Rudy. Honestly though, if it's as good as Mesika's (not to mention better than Mesika's, if possible) it is a green light for me especially when at about the same price you're giving us 3 x's the amount of IET.
Is V2 single- or multi-strand?
Single
Hi billm55, you don't need to streap it you can use it as it is, or you can just write to rundy, he is a great guy he gave me a lot of advice and helped me on how to use it.