(Close Window)
Topic: Kids.......sigh
Message: Posted by: Sword of the Soldier (Aug 17, 2008 10:57AM)
I can remember not too long ago performing at my local ring meeting. I decided to do a quick trick since there were several magicians intending to perform. So I get up there, and I wont lie I am a bit nervous. I invite a little girl, about 7 years old, up to help me. She selects a card, I tell her to remember it, etc etc. I get to the end of the trick and reveal a card...she says that wasn't it :( Now I know for a fact, 10000% positive, that's her card, but what can I say..."YOU'RE WRONG"????

So here I am in front of a group of magicians, already nervous enough, and now it looks like I messed up. So I start the trick again, nervous times 10....and I finish....successfully this time. What was worse....this was the first time I had performed at that ring! Haha!

I know we've all had this kind of story. But Next time I'll stick to vanishing silks, and sponges when it comes to little kids... :)

Josh
No, but when using a child with any card effect (even with "flash cards") always show the card to a grown up, too. Thought we all knew that.

Steve
Message: Posted by: Sword of the Soldier (Aug 18, 2008 05:30PM)
Steve,

I knew it but it didn't eve phase me. I got it for next time :)

Josh