(Close Window)
Topic: Voice Pitch
Hello,
Does anybody know a mixer o' sound table that allows you to pitch the voice of the spectator in real time?

Last night I was performing before a musical group, and the man in the sound did this to my volunteers on stage, changing the tone and pitch. It was very funny.

Thanks
I used to do it with a guitar pedal. Can't remember the brand of pedal, but I've done the same kind of thing. This pedal had a delay/echo feature and a pitch feature. I've pitched "Satan's voice" in a Haunted House... and pitched up (Mickey Mouse like) my own voice... Yes, I agree, it's really cool.
Just an idea without having to buy dedicated hardware...

There is plenty of voice changing software available for download. Just Google "voice changing realtime", and you'll find a plethora of free downloads. Then, if you have a laptop, you can run the sound through this.
Thanks
What you need is a pitch shifter. You can find various types of them in most effects processors. They make them in pedal form, but the ones I know are better suited for guitar.
Digitech voice modeler.

I've never used it in a show but it has some very funny funny effects.

like the "oh yeah" voice from that song from 'ferris bueller's day off"

chipmunk effects, etc.

pretty good stuff.
Behringer makes a Vocal Processor for about $100 that will shift pitch up or down in real time. Search for it over at MusiciansFriend.com ... good luck!