(Close Window)
Topic: Need repositionable glue
I'm working on a card effect and need help in finding a repositionable glue. I would like to glue 2 cards together but not permenantly. The glue needs to be strong enough so that the cards can be handled casualy without fear of them separating, but still be able to separate the cards when needed. My other concern is that the glue should not leave any residue that will be seen once the cards have been separated. Any help would be appreciated.
3M Creative Mount is perfect. Or a special glue stick that I do not use. Also you can search in the Café here for Tack Pads, they are really strong and work very well.
I have used Scotch repositionable Craft Stick (Scotch brand is a 3M product). It's available at pretty much any craft store and I've also seen it at Wal-Mart. It worked fine for me.
I've also been looking for a repositionable glue. Looking for a glue that will hold cards together securely, but still allow you to separate them when needed. I've tried a lot of repositionable adhesives, they all work pretty good, but I've notice a "crisp audibal snap" when I attempt to separate the cards. Looking for a glue that will hold, but have no audibal snap when separating the cards. Any suggestions?
I have been using "2 Way Glue" (brand: Kuretake). I found it in the scrapbooking section at Jo-Ann Fabrics.
When will 3M or some other company come to their senses and make a Double Stick tape with one side permanent and the other side repositionable?..:)
I use Tonertex pens, They are excellent and waterbased so no staining or marking on the cards. You can pick them up on Ebay for about £2 or in craft shops.
As for permanent and repositionable I just put a dab of superglue on one side of the tape! It works for me!
Hope this helps
Simon
Aleen's brand sells a glue called "Tack-It Over and Over". They call it "A pressure sensitive liquid glue for a temporary bond." It can be found in most craft stores. It really works great- much better than double stick tape.

Merl
[url=http://www.hanklee.org/xcart/product.php?productid=9582&cat=0&page=2]THIS[/url] is supposed to be good...I'm gonna try it, since it's what Anthony Owen uses and recommends...
Magician wax works well especially if you are worried about that audible snap.

robert
Scotch 3M re-mount
Lots of possibilities out there.

Scotch and Avery Glue Sticks are good. Krylon Easy Tack is also good, and there's no loud "pop" when the cards are separated with any of these products.

3M Remount (Creative Mount?) is a stronger adhesive; therefore, there is more of a "pop"; however, it has its advantages.

Robert
Office Depot has Re-positionable "dots". Work pretty good.
The 3M glue stick that is labeled REMOVABLE works great!
I have tried all the glues that everyone has listed above and many more. They are all good to very good at holding two cards together. that's not the issue. Its when I separate the cards is the issue. Everyone one of the above listed glues make a "crisp audibal snap" when separating the cards. What I'm looking for is a glue that will hold a couple of cards together, but make no noise when they are separated.
You may want to try rotating the cards apart as you separate them. This greatly minimizes the sound as they separate, and it works with double sided tape as well as all of the re-positional glue products that I have tried.
I'll give it a try.

Thanks
I have Magician's mate glue stick it's ok the only thing I don't like about it is the glue will spread to other the cards and those cards will stick to other cards.
I received several PMs from Bill Abbott about the glue he uses for Smart-Ass. I have to say hes a very nice guy to deal with. He explained to me that the glue is only available commerically and difficult to come by. But he did suggest that any over the counter repositionable glues should work just fine. Hope this post helps anyone who wants to freshin up their cards.
I recently bought the 2 Card Monte video and set put out by Magic Makers. In one of the effects described, Brian Thomas Moore uses lip balm (i.e. Chapstick or some other brand) to put the two cards together. Haven't tried it, but it seems to work well on the video.
[quote]
On 2008-10-17 09:46, SergeStorms wrote:
I recently bought the 2 Card Monte video and set put out by Magic Makers. In one of the effects described, Brian Thomas Moore uses lip balm (i.e. Chapstick or some other brand) to put the two cards together. Haven't tried it, but it seems to work well on the video.
[/quote]

Should have mentioned that he simply makes an "X" on the side of both cards that he wants to put together.

Let us know what you decide, and how it works out for you.
3M ReMount is great. The key is to have as light a spray on the card as possible.
I had tried all the ones mentioned above and I swear by this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Scotch-Restickable-Glue-Stick-0-20/dp/B00006IFBO

To me it is just simply the best there is;I use it for NFW, Marked again, the Dark card, some of my coin work, you name it,i even use it to make my extreme burn gimmicks;and the price is hard to be as well.

Peace.
Hey, I'll send you a couple of my Svengali demo decks. The ones the sticky-fingered kids handled. The ones I don't use any more. They [b]all[/b] stick together. [b]No charge![/b] :)

Jon
Message: Posted by: Open up your mind (May 29, 2020 09:51AM)
Use roughing fluid.