(Close Window)
Topic: Throwing Technique for Throw Streamer
What is a better way to throw the throw streamer? I see Jeff McBride throwing it and retrieving it again. I also see some just throwing it.
Another problem I encounter is when I steal the throw streamer and break it open, I'm sometimes not sure whether it will fully open up or not before throwing it.
Hello Lou,

I have the same problem too! Whenever I steal the throw-streamer, it is always not in "the" position to break the seal and throw. Hope you get what I mean. My English is not very good.

Kenny
Search for related threads here on the Café. A lot of great info has been written on this issue. Good luck!
I seem to always have problems too. Lately I've been breaking them open, then reattaching the paper with a small piece of blue "sticky-tack". This seems to work better. And always throw them underhanded.

Jim
Surprisingly, Underhanded hardly works for me...I do mine over hand, Over head. This way, the streamers fly straight out and form a nice shower effect.
I've had the same problem. I e-mailed the company (Seo Magic) who concieves them and they send me the instructions per mail.
Anyway it'll take some time to get it work correctly. So buy an extra pack for training.

Oliver.
Lou, contact Seo magic or visit the UGM website and get the SweetFlash throw streamers. They're cheaper and much better for practice throws. Get a few and jus pranctice throwing the streamers. I'm sure u'll get a hang of it
Kyle, Seo did demonstrate how to throw them. I see him in practically all the conventions I attend.
My question is: Is it better to throw and retrieve the streamers (ala Jeff McBride)or just throw towards the audience?
As for throwing the streamers, you need the space for it to open up. It is recommended that the streamers' flight should be upwards so that as they have time to open up as they come down. It does not matter whether it is an upper or under handed throw.

As to releasing the streamers it would be better to open up the pack and modify it a little (and then re-attach it back) so it is easy to open with one hand without any fumbling of any kind.

As to throwing and pulling the streamers back, it is a matter of personal presentation choice. A pull back action is ideal when you need it for a steal to produce something from the streamers when you gather them back into your hands.

FYI I use the kabuki streamers and it is the large one.
Lou, in my opinion, I like to stick to pulling it back. I remember when I was much younger, a magician launching throw streamers, and I fell in love with it. I was right at the front of the stage and I saw the streamers flying straight for me...Suddenly, just as the tip of the streamer was about to touch me, they recoiled back to his had. To me, I felt it was a beautiful sight. Hope this would help you make a better decision Mr Hilario!
I don't get a chance to pull mine back. I do mostly kid shows, and by the time the streamers reach the kid's heads, they have hold of them and are off running!

Jim
I always pull them back.

I use the viking streamers for stage and the cheap ones from MAK for smaller shows.

I usually have them already opened and modified for a perfect throw with no pausing to open them.
Hey there, does any one know how to get a hold of Dave Cressey? I have his aol email but it doesn't work. Thanks. Dimmare
Hello thelestat,

Are you James Dimmare(The wonderful dove act performer)?
Man, you are my idol! I love you! Keep up the good work man.
I hope to see you in Malaysia again performing your dove act!

(YES, off topic I know! Lol)

Kenny
Dimmare, is this the email (davecressey@aol.com) you are trying to get Dave Cressey? We use this email too.
[quote]
On 2008-10-03 10:23, JamesTong wrote:
Dimmare, is this the email (davecressey@aol.com) you are trying to get Dave Cressey? We use this email too.
[/quote]

Hi this was kicked back to me not working?? Thanks
I have also found that the ones from India pictured below to be good if you don't need to fill up a large area, they are good for small rooms.

https://www.e-zmagic.com/catalog/ProductImages/9415.jpg
[quote]
On 2008-10-03 09:28, T.G Kenny wrote:
Hello thelestat,

Are you James Dimmare(The wonderful dove act performer)?
Man, you are my idol! I love you! Keep up the good work man.
I hope to see you in Malaysia again performing your dove act!

(YES, off topic I know! Lol)

Kenny

[quote]
On 2008-10-05 16:31, Matthew W wrote:
I have also found that the ones from India pictured below to be good if you don't need to fill up a large area, they are good for small rooms.

[/quote]
Help...After 2 weeks they finally sent me some of their Mylar throw streamers. They don't return phone calls and they don't answer email. Anybody have a source on these they are made in India. This company really sucks....DIMMARE
[/quote]

Thank you Very Much

[quote]

[/quote]
Help...After 2 weeks they finally sent me some of their Mylar throw streamers. They don't return phone calls and they don't answer email. Anybody have a source on these they are made in India. This company really sucks....DIMMARE
Welcome to the café James Dimmare!

Regards my Friend

Paulo Cabrita
Portugal
Wow the only and only maniac of magic...YOU ROCK dude.

Yo I like booze and loose women too James.

John
Dimmare, it's cresey with one 's'! that might be your problem. have you tried emailing through the website?
[quote]
On 2008-10-08 20:09, thelestat wrote:
[quote]

[/quote]
Help...After 2 weeks they finally sent me some of thier Mylar throw streamers. They don't return phone calls and they don't answer email. Anybody have a source on these they are made in India. This company really sucks....DIMMARE
[/quote]

that's because the mylar ones are from a different manufacturer.

Also, if you just bought the 2 mylar ones, they were nice. You need to have a wholesale account with them to purchase. The minimum is $200

The ones in the picture are pretty good. The mylar ones do suck, I agree on that.

The small Viking Brand Kabuki Streamers are fantastic and can be purchased for anywhere from $20 to $30.
[quote]
On 2008-10-17 22:30, zebrawood wrote:
Dimmare, it's cresey with one 's'! that might be your problem. have you tried emailing through the website?
[/quote]

Thanks Got it...Dimmare
David Cressey is retired because of illness, and a young man has taken over the business. I am not at home but will check on the price list I have at home an report back with his contact info. I think it is the same you have in your information. He uses the Cressey name.
Hah I suppose I could have just told you how to contact them. creseyproducts@aol.com or johnreidmagic@aol.com or 516-520-4004 or http://www.creseyproducts.com
that young man is a good friend