(Close Window)
Topic: Looking through Focus....
I just got this book and I tend to look at the pictures to tell if the effect is interesting. I know this method isn't the greatest, but it works.

In Focus, what are some of the 'goods?' I am looking for very visual routines, I am just not sure if Phil has a visual style.

Is Masque the best trick in the book? What is the best Collectors? Thanks, I read the other post on Focus and it didn't really answer my questions.

Lee
A Fine Mesh is my favorite Collectors routine, not just in that book but anywhere.

Quinn
Yes, Masque is the best trick in the book. At least in my opinion.

May I suggest you drop your current method of reading books? I'm ashamed to admit that I have read books this way, and then when I've gone back and read them properly I've realised how many great things I've missed.
Yah, i know what you mean. I do this and key on certain routines. Then I go back and read the whole book.

Lee
Picasso Aces
Jumpin Bean Aces
Masque
Fine Mesh

and lots of others.
A great book!
Goldstein's "No-Gaff Differential" is, IMHO, a classic. This was the first book I really started studying when I moved past Svengali decks and their like. Well, well, well worth every penny.
And as a bonus, it's also fairly easy to do. Great routine. Who needs NFW when you can accomplish a lot of the same via fairly simple sleight of hand?
Amongst other routines in the book I was always fond of "Tearable,", an effect I bought when it was marketed prior to the book's initial release.

Paul.