(Close Window)
Topic: Dead Mice
So, I began spring cleaning in my study today (yes, I'm a wee bit late...but last year I didn't get around to it until Christmas :)), and there was an old mouse laying around, not plugged into anything. So I grabbed it and went to stuff it into the old drawer where I keep all my extra computer chords and DSL switches and stuff like that, and I noticed I had six other mice in various states of disrepair or...uh...incompetence (they didn't work to my satisfaction.).

I counted seven dead mice.

Anyone have more dead mice?
I threw away the only dead one I had on Tuesday.
You throw things away? Cool!
Yep. I once threw away seven silver Maria Theresa thaler coins I used for a Borodin routine...
Ouch! Uh, that's NOT cool.
"Over the side"

That's an old Navy term meaning when we don't want it, we send it to Davey Jones' locker. Sometimes refered to as "deep six", as in "deep six it". I think "six" is used because a fathom is 6 feet? So if you were going to "deep" six something, that would mean very deep, as in many fathoms beneath the sea!

So, to answer your question, I throw all my old stuff over the side.
My mouse, trusty as it is, has a laser for eyes, and it shows no signs of dieing anytime soon.
I found one 10 mins before reading this post ....strange.....
Message: Posted by: Jonathan Townsend (Sep 19, 2008 05:19PM)
Been cutting their tails short, disemboweling them and working on a cutsie version of the shell game with these things... ;)