(Close Window)
Topic: The Corpus Clock & Chronophage - Next generation in clocks...take a look for yourself
Message: Posted by: The Mirror Images (Sep 21, 2008 12:16PM)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHO1JTNPPOU
What's the point?
[quote]
On 2008-09-21 13:34, Al Angello wrote:
What's the point?
[/quote]

Did you not listen to nice man's the explaination?

Cool Clock.
Here's an article about the Corpus Clock - I think the grasshopper on the top is kinda spooky thou. The clock is massive too..
http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-10047207-1.html
Message: Posted by: Jonathan Townsend (Sep 21, 2008 01:33PM)
[quote]
On 2008-09-21 13:34, Al Angello wrote:
What's the point?
[/quote]

Art - and a nice way to remind ourselves that time and clocks are a human contrivance.
Payne
My microwave, stove, TV set, cell phone, coffee pot, thermostat, computer, FAX machine, ipod, CD player, car, I have 4 land line phones that display the time, I have a sun dial on my patio, I don't ever wear a wrist watch, and this clown has invented anothe redundant time piece. As I said before "what's the point"?

Jonathan
I think he should have selected a more original subject for his art.
Message: Posted by: The Mirror Images (Sep 21, 2008 10:14PM)
What is the point good question. I see it as art and bringing back something old and updating it. Just like we do in magic. We bring back old magic and updated the effects. What is the point when we do that? Same thing, updating it to today's era.

Best,
[quote]
On 2008-09-21 14:41, Al Angello wrote:
Payne
My microwave, stove, TV set, cell phone, coffee pot, thermostat, computer, FAX machine, ipod, CD player, car, I have 4 land line phones that display the time, I have a sun dial on my patio, I don't ever wear a wrist watch, and this clown has invented anothe redundant time piece. As I said before "what's the point"?

Jonathan
I think he should have selected a more original subject for his art.
[/quote]

Why do you bother to throw balls into the air and then catch them? Seems kind of pointless to me. Seems to me you could have chosen a more original medium for your art. :)
Looks like something from an old Rod Serling Twilight Zone, or Tales from the Darkside...

Also reminds me of the movie "Cube"...