(Close Window)
Topic: Americas Got Talent
Hello my fellow friends in magic.

I am posting this here in hopes that I may be able to get some of you to help out. If you have watched Americas Got Talent you will know a young man by the name of Jonathan Burkin. He is the boy who is a twirler. Due to lack of votes it came down to the judges to keep him or Elvis the judges voted him off and keep the Elvis impersonator in.
Now it seems NBC is rethinking the judge’s decision to remove Jonathan so soon. They have placed a poll on their website for you to vote on the person you would like to see come back.
I am reaching out to you my friends in magic to go vote.

Here is my personal reason for requesting this.
Jonathan Burkin is from my home town. We are a very small community that is rich with Performing Art many great performers have come from this small town and we are very proud of our young people’s accomplishments.

Jonathan being on Americas got talent has lifted the bar for our young people and he has become a hero to the young and old in our community. Last evening John performed at our fair,, he blew us all away. It was not easy going on after John I have to admit. He is a show stopper if given the chance.

It is up to you I know some of you may already have a favorite in mind but if you don’t please cast a vote to Jonathan it would mean the world to this young guy.

http://www.nbc.com/Americas_Got_Talent/

Thank You
Floyd
My vote's in!
I voted for him! I thought he was incredible, and was very disappointed when he was eliminated.
Message: Posted by: Michael J. Douglas (Sep 21, 2008 06:04PM)
After the first couple episodes, I stopped watching the show. I've heard all of the variety acts were eliminated (nice, huh?), so I voted for him. As of my vote, he has 67%. Keep us posted.
Message: Posted by: Josh the Superfluous (Sep 21, 2008 06:56PM)
He rocks! My vote is in.
I hope he makes it back in. I personally hate how it is called America's Got Talent when it is run by the same people who created American Idol, Britian's Got Talent, So you think you can Dance... Blah! They try to include variety acts, yet primarily focus on the stupid singers. We have one show for that. Its called American idol! There is no way they will let anyone besides singers progress. It is pure crap. Best of luck to the young chap from Ohio!
I voted for him!

I can't believe they let him go and took an Elvis impersonator instead... It's not like Vegas is short on Elvis impersonators!

Oh well, what are ya gonna do? Reality TV ain't reality guys!

Lyndel
Message: Posted by: Josh the Superfluous (Sep 21, 2008 08:57PM)
In order for a magician or juggler to do well, they'd have to pass the first audition with their 4th weakest routine, and work their way up from there.

They even criticized your twirler friend for having flawless performances, stating that there wasn't any room for improvement.
Its communist!
Now 68%
My VOTE has been cast. Thank You for bringing this to our attention.

Rodney
Thank you all for helping out!

-Floyd
[quote]
On 2008-09-21 21:33, Lyndel wrote:

Oh well, what are ya gonna do? Reality TV ain't reality guys!

Lyndel
[/quote]

To tell the truth, it ain't much TV either...