(Close Window)
Topic: John T. Sheets "Above Top Secret" DVD
John has a DVD coming out. Here's a clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvmX1bLiXN0

The AD:

Four effects on one Dual Layer DVD.

ABOVE TOP SECRET—If a magician walked up to you, borrowed a dollar bill, and made it change from the one, to a five, to a ten, to a twenty, to a fifty, and finally to a one hundred dollar bill without using thumbtips and then handed it to you ending completely clean, what would it look like?

It would look like High Roller.

If he then borrowed a one and five dollar bill, put the one into your hand, the five into his, and suddenly they traded places without any strange movements and then both bills where immediately examinable without a switch, what would it look like?

It would look like Atomic Bills.

These are just two examples of the four fantastic effects contained on this two hour DVD. If you thought you’d seen all there is in bill changes or transpositions, you’ve not see the mastery and creativity of award winning illusionist John T. Sheets.

ABOVE TOP SECRET sets an entirely new standard in instructional videos produced for the Magic Community. Filmed on location in Las Vegas and taught in English, French, and Japanese, these effects are sure to be international hits.
For those who already have and perform Atomic Bills, this alone is worth the price of the dvd. Plus he teaches another version that will fool the pants off of the ones who already perform Atomic Bills! If I burned his hands anymore than what I have, he'd would just be bones lol
Here's the link: http://www.blacksmagicgroup.com/cart/product.php?productid=191
With over 300 views and nobody seem to show any interest in this effect.

I look forward to an early review.

- Sam
The video sample did not begin to show anything until halfway through, I hope this $40 DVD does not waste time showing John Sheets hiking through the Nevada desert.

Even when the sample trick finally begins it does not show what we needed to see, he did not show the beginning or ending of the trick as if there was something to hide and not as clean as they advertised.

I feel that this video sample should have shown a beginning, middle, and the end of the trick to convince me that it has impact value. Therefore, I will wait until someone gives a good review.

Have Fun Folks!
You will love this dvd guaranteed!! His Atomic Bills is awesome!!
Are there any higher quality trailers / demos of this DVD - the one on youtube was very grainy?
When will the people who make magic demos learn that if you want to sell your product, just show the d@#m trick, and cut out the artsy crap ???

Leave film making to Scorcese, Eastwood, Burton, Stone.............and so on.
A well produced demo, however, I can't really see the trick. From what I see, it doesn't seem to be an effect that lives up to the hype. I may be wrong, but from that trailer, that's the impression I got. I agree that we should focus a bit more on the trick.
The material in this DVD is rock solid! Black's Magic presentation of it leaves much to be desired, but there are real reputation makers in this DVD. Atomic bills is one of the best and most requested effects in my arsenal, and is a genius bill transpo.

Add to cart! You won't regret it.

B
I have to agree with B to the T. too much video effect B.S. I'm not sure who puts these videos together but they need to take some marketing classes. one of the basic rules of marketing is not to clutter your message with nonsense. get to the point. the first 45 sec of this demo was junk. then you go into a minute of "how cool I can do video effects". where's the performance of the effect? on top of that the video quality is terrible. the material on the dvd may be dynamite but the demo has much to be desired.
Demo sucked, ok we get it. now just buy it