(Close Window)
Topic: Just learned Extreme Burn, and I gotta say the effect is:
Message: Posted by: The Wizards Machine (Sep 25, 2008 11:44PM)
GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS
Message: Posted by: The Wizards Machine (Sep 26, 2008 12:05AM)
Okay I calmed down. But I gotta tell ya, Richard Sanders really outdid himself with this one. Wow. I just love all the ways you can play it. I love the close quarters brush back with the hand move. Really fun.
I knew you were gonna love it, everyone does. You'll have a blast playing with it, I know I did. But, when the dust settles your biggest challenge will be developing a presentation and routine with as much entertainment value as eye candy.

Good luck on a very fun journey.

Glenn
Just got mine yesterday. What a terrific idea, and a terrific effect. I can't wait to start practicing. This has to be the best effect of 2008

Jim
Message: Posted by: The Wizards Machine (Sep 26, 2008 12:51PM)
Thanks Glenn. My wife almost fell down after I did the 'close quarters' version for her. Then when I handed her a $20 to look at: "NO WAY! HOW THE HECK DID YOU DO THAT!?"
You're welcome. Richard talks about the idea of paying for something with one of the bills after the change, and it's a great one. I do have one bit of advice though. If you are going to pay for lunch or want to leave a tip for example, just add the bill you want to use to pay, to the bills you'll be changing your ones into. There is really no need to remove any of the bills already there. Just don't put the bill in the exact middle and things will work just fine. Lot's of fun.
Jim,

I agree. Another fabulous item, oddly enough from Richard again... is called Interlace. Check it out if you're not already familiar with it.

Glenn
I received a copy of Extreme Burn almost immediately after it was released. It is an absolute reputation maker. I often carry it with me. I have a friend who is an aerospace engineer who has had me perform it for other engineers and the result is always the same--they're speechless.

I realize that it is really a variation of another bill switch technique, but IMHO it really stands alone. I considered it a compliment the other day when my barber claimed he saw David Blaine the other night on television perform the same effect, and he said "he did it just as good as you do!"

It is one of those rare effects that is what REAL magic is supposed to look like!

Curtis
http://www.CurtisMagic.com
The handling is so much more stable than the other versions. I love it!
Message: Posted by: The Wizards Machine (Sep 26, 2008 11:49PM)
I can't stop playing with this. I built it yesterday, but decided to rebuild another today. I had a hunch that a VERY slight altering of the placement of the gimmick would really help with the fluidity of the illusion. Boy, did it. PM me for details if you like.
I can't say enough about this effect. I went in to a local pizzeria to pick up an order. The fellow behind the counter says "the total is $12.75, sir."

I pulled out EB, and counted out 5 $1 bills. I said "Would it be alright if I give you five dollars today, and I'll just owe you the rest ?" Of course the young man said "No !" I then said "As you wish." as I flicked my fingertips over the ones, thereby changing them into TWENTY'S. This kid's eyes popped , his jaw fell to the floor, and said "What the **** ?"

I then took one of the $20.00 and paid for my order. This kid's hand was actually shaking as he counted back my change .

Maybe it was the first time he witnessed a magic effect first hand, but it was priceless just the same.
I'm curious about The Wizard's Machine's alternative placement of the gimmick, but he has no PM icon...so...if he sees this...I hope he'll post it or PM it to me. It's a great effect. I was thinking of altering the bills to have them end face up instead of face down.
[quote]
On 2008-09-27 09:42, BooRadley wrote:
I'm curious about The Wizard's Machine's alternative placement of the gimmick, but he has no PM icon...so...if he sees this...I hope he'll post it or PM it to me. It's a great effect. I was thinking of altering the bills to have them end face up instead of face down.
[/quote]

I'm interested, as well. Wizard, can you check out why we can't PM you?
Thanks,
Sam
Message: Posted by: The Wizards Machine (Sep 27, 2008 01:57PM)
My PM is fixed....me thinks.
Message: Posted by: The Wizards Machine (Sep 27, 2008 02:09PM)
[quote]
On 2008-09-27 03:29, B to the T wrote:
I can't say enough about this effect. I went in to a local pizzeria to pick up an order. The fellow behind the counter says "the total is $12.75, sir."

I pulled out EB, and counted out 5 $1 bills. I said "Would it be alright if I give you five dollars today, and I'll just owe you the rest ?" Of course the young man said "No !" I then said "As you wish." as I flicked my fingertips over the ones, thereby changing them into TWENTY'S. This kid's eyes popped , his jaw fell to the floor, and said "What the **** ?"

I then took one of the $20.00 and paid for my order. This kid's hand was actually shaking as he counted back my change .

Maybe it was the first time he witnessed a magic effect first hand, but it was priceless just the same.
[/quote]

Great! Would have loved to seen his face. This illusion is going to go down as one of the classics. I mean, you can carry it around with you, the angles are manageable, has many ways you can play it, AND is done with actual currency that you can pay with after knocking the socks off a spec. (In a practical scenario!)

Hard to beat.
When my wife saw David Blaine do Extreme Burn on his special the other night, she got really excited and asked me, "Hey, how come you only make your ones turn into twenties?" Curse you, Blaine!
I can't wait to hit the shops during the holiday season!
A quick question, and I'm guessin' the answer is an obvious NO if Extreme Burn is based on the same idea like Hundy500, but can I use different sized bills? It's a pain because all our bills are diff sizes...
Message: Posted by: The Wizards Machine (Oct 1, 2008 11:13AM)
[quote]
On 2008-10-01 07:44, K_B_G wrote:
A quick question, and I'm guessin' the answer is an obvious NO if Extreme Burn is based on the same idea like Hundy500, but can I use different sized bills? It's a pain because all our bills are diff sizes...
[/quote]

Jeez, it must drive the cash register makers crazy with all those diff size bills. :)
NO, different sized bills will not work. However, what you can do is turn 4 or 5 bill sized magazine clippings into 4 or 5 of one of your particular bill denominations. Even though the U.S. has all the same size bills, I am going to do the magazine rig as a second set.
Another big fan. Visual magic at it's best.
For a Halloween effect, I turn $1 bills into very bloody $1 bills.
[quote]
On 2008-10-01 20:57, Ba Ba Booey wrote:
[/quote]

Good going! Finding a hook is what makes a trick work for the audience.
Message: Posted by: The Wizards Machine (Oct 2, 2008 12:17AM)
[quote]
On 2008-10-01 20:57, Ba Ba Booey wrote:
[/quote]

Nice!
What are you using for blood? Please tell me it's not the real thing.
It's the best 20 I have spent!
Yeah, what do you use for blood? Because that's a really cool effect!
Spider
I use Halloween store blood called "Vampire Blood." It comes in a one ounce tube. There are some other types of blood out there, but they tend to be sticky, which isn't good. I put some of this stuff on my fingers and then handle the bills to get finger/thumb prints all over them. It dries in about 5-10 minutes.

You might want to play around with different types of fake blood to see that it isn't sticky after it dries.

I talk about how I found this money in a wallet that had belonged to a murder victim. I know I should have turned it in, but I didn't. The money is cursed, and every time I go to spend it...well, you know what happens.
Message: Posted by: Michael J. Douglas (Oct 5, 2008 06:00PM)
Great thinking! :thumbsup:
Message: Posted by: The Wizards Machine (Oct 6, 2008 02:26AM)
Nice pushing of the trick's "envelope". Good job.
Hey guyz,
Does anyone know where I can buy the Extreme gimmick by itself...?
My maid accidentally threw it away, thinking it was just magazine clips - without looking at the other side. -.-
Please! Someone help me with this! I miss this effect. hehe..
Thanks, guyz.
Nice try, but don't expect it to work. Secrets aren't revealed on the forum, and with just a few posts, most are not likely to reply to you in earnest.
Go to the hardware store.

Jim
Message: Posted by: Michael J. Douglas (Oct 11, 2008 12:37PM)
You can buy extras at http://www.sandersfx.com
Richard sells three extra Extreme Burn gimmicks for $20.
http://www.sandersfx.com/accessories.html
[quote]
On 2008-10-02 17:21, Spiderxi wrote:
It's the best 20 I have spent!
Yeah, what do you use for blood? Because that's a really cool effect!
Spider
[/quote]
I learned recently that some of the best blood you can produce is made with clear Karo syrup and red food coloring. It sets up great, and retains a "wet" look, even though it is dry. It looks awesome!
Message: Posted by: The Wizards Machine (Oct 13, 2008 09:23AM)
To those who are inquiring about EB secrets and methods; please don't even ask. Buy the DVD for yourself, it's worth every dollar......... wait a sec... every 20 dollars.......nope single dollars.
If you have Heiny 500, is it worth also buying this? I think Heiny 500 is great but everyone seems to love Extreme Burn.
Extreme Burn IMHO beats Hundy 500 and Slow Burn hands down. Cannot compare it to Heiny 500 cause I don't have them
Another good Halloween ending effect will be printed bills with monster faces in the center.
Heiny 500 seems more visual and magical than Extreme Burn. I have Heiny 500, but not EB. So if someone has both, can you please comment.

Check out Youtube videos of HEINY 500.
I've been using Hundy 500 for the past two years, and have made several sets during that time. Now it's time to make a new one. However, I love the look of EB as well (I've got the dvd). Since I've got a nice routine for Hundy, I'm debating whether I should stay with Hundy or make a EB set. The one plus for EB for me is that I can use our Canadian currency, whereas I was stuck with the American currency for Hundy.

On another plus side, with our Canadian dollar the way it is right now, I'll even have a few extra dollars left over when I cash in my American Hundy. :)

Oh, the dilemmas we face!

Brian
I've decided to go with EB to see how it works in Canadian money.

I had an interesting experience when taking my old Hundy bills to the bank to exchange them. Because I had been using the set for so long, the outer $100 bill had become so thin along the crease that it tore almost in half when I was removing the glue.

I put some tape on the top half that had torn, and took the money to the bank to exchange them. Bank wouldn't exchange it, saying because it was torn it was no longer usable. I thought she was kidding at first, because I've exchanged such money several times in the past. But she wasn't kidding. I said, "Look, both sides are here; all serials match; and only the top half of the bill was torn, not the whole thing."

Didn't matter to her. She said the bank couldn't accept the money in such condition!

So what am I supposed to do -- take a hundred dollar bill and tear it up and throw it in the garbage? That's just nuts!

So I went to an ATM machine for another one of my banks (I use two for different purposes), and deposited the money into my account, along with the other money from Hundy. Now I'll wait and see if my bank will deduct $100 from my account.

Anyone else experience this with torn money?

Brian
Never. I am surprised that it would be refused regardless of age or condition. As long as serial #'s are good I never had a problem at any bank. I actually exchanged a torn bill that was missing 1/4 of the bill.
Sounds like a fantastic effect, too bad these kinds of bill switches will never work with Australian Currency, for some stupid reason our country decided to have bills of all different sizes. And they are made of plastic so it doesn't even fold!
[quote]
On 2008-11-10 07:08, skc417 wrote:
Sounds like a fantastic effect, too bad these kinds of bill switches will never work with Australian Currency, for some stupid reason our country decided to have bills of all different sizes. And they are made of plastic so it doesn't even fold!
[/quote]

You could always do what I did with Hundy -- tell the story or your recent vacation to another country, and how you came back with some leftover money (Say something like, "By the way, did you realize there's something weird about American money? Check this out!") . I'm from Canada, but I used American currency for two years, and it worked great.

Brian
Could not agree more with the very first post of this topic. It sums it all up perfectly.
I've had this for a couple of months and do it more often than anything else in my bag of tricks. What a winner!

Jim
Like Jim said, I too find myself leaning on this more so than other effects for that quick hit. It never fails to leave spectator with their mouths left open.
Having seen many Easy Money Principle effects, I was blown away by Sander's addition to the routine. Brilliant.

I just put a video up about 2 weeks ago of me doing this live. Not my best performance, but pretty cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyXyWSdJi5g

C