(Close Window)
Topic: Reel magic # 7
Its now avaiable and being shipped!

koz
Can't wait for mine to come!
I can't believe how great of a dvd this is.
Koz, you're out doing yourself every issue.

Todd
Has anyone seen the issue yet...we added some stuff and wondered what you think?

koz
Haven't gotten it yet. . . waiting on baited breath, though.
Still waiting as well, hopefully I'll see mine over the weekend.
They are all shipped! no worries

koz
Oh, I'm not worried, good things take time.
Received mine this afternoon. I'm headed off to watch it now... :)

Thanks Koz!
It was well done as aways, liked the move monkeys. the interview with Mac king seemed to be the stander interview that he gives. Not bad but just not differant. As always love simon and of cause david regal ect...
Im on there woohoo lol
Kind of curious how you guys feel about the move monkeys segment?
koz
Still waiting on mine. I hope it comes soon.
Just watched David Regal's reviews, Simon Lovell's tour of the dealer room at the IBM / SAM convention in Louisville, and the Mac King interview. This is definitely the best bargain in magic.

Robert
I thought it was a good dvd, and they are all, just because there is so much on them. Nicely produced as well.

The move monkey's section was an interesting addition. I had mixed feelings about it. On one hand at the convention at the opportunity to meet all those magicians, and they were nice and did cool stuff.

On the other hand, what is the purpose of that section? The card around fan flourish production thing was cool, but I didn't really see the point to it. It was flashy, but it was obvious the card was coming from the bottom.
The charlie miller control, as it was credited is done well, but its already in print and on dvd(hit the road by lee asher). So it seems strange to display moves that are already fairly known around most intermediate level card magicians.
finally, the coin item, which was also cool, but sounds like a pitch for a flipper coin

Most young magicians now are criticized for having great card technique and learning quickly and presentationally weaker. In addition many young magicians get into the buck twins stuff, crazy card manipulation, often called "juggling" by the older pros, and more experience performers, who often times but them in a negative light as not entertaining.

I think the purpose of the other sections are much more obvious, which is why they are good.

So is supposed to bring light to younger magicians? Show new and creative moves? or stuff that's already been publishes and done before.

Just some thoughts, hope this helps.
The purpose is to get some guys some stuff they might not have seen....not everyone knows everything...so this section is another learning tool that someone might use to ad to their magic..the flourish with the card under the fan is something that guys would lie because they like those ind of things...you're not a fan of the buck twins and to be honest I'm not either...well a fan of what they do..butlet me tell you, there are plenty of guys out there that like that stuff so maybe this section isn't your fvorite but I hopefully there will be some coming up that you will like

in addition we thought it might be a nice segway or transition from one section to another...we are not so high on having a lot of commercials in the magazine...when we took a look at issue 3 of the magazine we didn't like how it looked and felt...too many commercials so we have backed off on those which creatd more space on the disc so we are adding additional segments and move monkeys is one of them.

we are working hard to find more original material that we can put in the magazine...and as we progress and continue on this journey to make the publication better we think that will happen....

I apreciate your comments and if you or anyone have any suggestion as to how we an make this better for you let us know

koz
Great stuff! I spent the evening watching it last night. Garret Thomas's column is my favorite, but the whole thing was great. I liked the move monkeys section. It's moves. Of course, they aren't entertaining in and of themselves. The magic is putting them into routines.
The fight between Simon and Peter was hilarious! I am still laughing.
LOL
Got mine today, watched most of it, and it was fantastic. Mac King was hilarious, as well was Simon Lovell. David's reviews were great as usual. I did, however, feel that Wayne was uncomfortable on camera, but that's a minor point. Garett Thomas and John Armstrong were also fantastic, I especially liked the switch Garett presented. The Move Monkeys section was fair, some of the moves will definitely fit other people's styles more than others. All in all, it was a great issue. Can't wait for Williamson.

Also just a quick note, Dan and Dave are now selling the [url=http://store.dananddave.com/miller-cascade-control.html]Cascade Control[/url] as an instant download for $5. Think about this, for $10 you are getting a TWO HOUR DVD with some of the biggest names in magic, compared to 20 minutes of instruction for $5. I think I know which is a better deal...
I have enjoyed every issue. I also agree that this is one of the greatest values out there. In issue #7 Garret Thomas explained the best coin switch I have ever seen for pen through quarter. I will use it! Imagine watching a TV show that is specifically for magicians. I love it!
Best value in magic!
Garrett Thomas's column was a GREAT piece for me. His piece alone was worth the price of the dvd.
Mine's on the way. Thanks Kozmo.
How is it that no one gets upset when the Bucks teach a move older than they are as an instant download, but hate when other companies release effects based on old methods put together in a way that's never been released before?

Anyways, I love these videos. I have one on order as soon as they come out from the local shop. I'm really torn on the Move Monkey section. It's a good idea, but not everyone should be teaching on camera. It's a strange thing to do the first couple of times. Also, as much as I like Craig Petty's work, I don't see the value of the move he taught. It seemed like nothing more than how to open a Flipper Coin.
I'm excited to get this because of Alex Geiser! I saw him when he took 3rd at the IBM a couple years ago and that guy has some insane moves! I keep waiting for him to put out a dvd or something but I haven't caught one yet. Did I miss something?
David Regal cracks me up again! Love that guy.