(Close Window)
Topic: Apology to Laurence O
In a thread a few weeks ago, I referred to Laurence O as an experienced fool. I should not have done that. Although Laurence O is certainly a man of experience, he is no fool.

I have much more respect for him than he realizes. I apologize for the name-calling.
Bill:
I read this and just wanted to say that - truly, what a wonderful display of integrity and character.
All the best,
Jeff
Message: Posted by: Josh the Superfluous (Oct 12, 2008 07:22PM)
Good for you Bill. I agreed with your thoughts in general, but it did get a little creative in the verbiage. The word "fool" was out of line, but I understood your passion for the subject. It was a bit of a chicken/egg debate, and you put the interest of the individual performer in your basket. Not to rehash anything but I like hash with my eggs (that last line was meaningless but in keeping with the developing theme). I hope Laurence accepts your apology. I would like him to feel comfortable engaging in our discussions.
Bill, nice of you to make your apology.
Mr. O is one of the great guys in magic. He's been helping me on the QT quite a bit. I know him from meeting him, thanks to Jay Marshall, many years ago.
Here, here!

Now that's a tone and stance that I can get behind -- way to go Bill!
Just another example of why Bill is the class act he is and a fine example for others (myself included) to follow.

Mark. :applause:
We should all follow his example. I will try my best to do so.
Bill, my utmost respect for you and a great example for all of us to follow.
Please, I shouldn't have insulted the man in the first place.
Ah, I didn't mean to sound sycophantic (is that a word?). Since I'd weighed in on the original thread, thought I'd do the same here.
No, that's okay. I appreciate everyone's support.
Bill Palmer is a gentleman and only a brave has this kind of demonstrations.
A very good man knows when he is wrong and rights that wrong .
Blessings+++,
Rich
It takes a real man to say an apology like Bill mentioned. He said it so warm, I am sure it has been accepted.

[quote]
On 2008-10-14 02:42, Bill Palmer wrote:
No, that's okay. I appreciate everyone's support.
[/quote]
We all appreciate your support you have given to us in person and on The Magic Café.
I'm just a guy who has a lot of cups and a passion for magic. I'm not an expert, just a student.
LOL. We love ya man. :lover:
Thanks.
Bill
I just ran across your apology that I had not seen before.

Naturally since you accepted my apology for having reacted with irritation, I gladly (and late, sorry) publicly accept yours.
As we have exchanged very pleasant mail in the meantime, it seems a bit awkward to even speak about it now. Thank you to every one who did cheer any of us.
Just for anyone intrigued there is simply no issue between Bill and myself.
Just two guys with passion for good magic... so let's talk about that.

Bill you never lost a parcel of the respect I have for you.
Be well
Message: Posted by: Josh the Superfluous (Oct 21, 2008 08:47PM)
Whew! I feel better. :)
Laurence:

Thank you very much. This means a lot to me.

And, of course, I accept yours as well.

Now, back to cups and balls!!!!!

Bill
You guys ROCK!
Lawrence O ... can you join us at the World Magic Seminar in March? We will be doing a cups and balls workshop/seminar with Bill Palmer, Rafael Benatar, Johnny Thompson (as Vernon) and Antonio Romero and Jason Latimer both doing the glass cups routines. And some dopey ideas from yours truly. Plus a pre-view showing of the graphics from Bob Read's collection.
I, for one, would really like that!
[quote]
On 2008-10-21 23:03, Pete Biro wrote:
Lawrence O ... can you join us at the World Magic Seminar in March? We will be doing a cups and balls workshop/seminar with Bill Palmer, Rafael Benatar, Johnny Thompson (as Vernon) and Antonio Romero and Jason Latimer both doing the glass cups routines. And some dopey ideas from yours truly. Plus a pre-view showing of the graphics from Bob Read's collection.
[/quote]
Where will it be located?
Las Vegas. There are ads in Genii for it.
How sad ... I am going to miss that.
[quote]
On 2008-10-21 23:03, Pete Biro wrote:
[/quote]

I'd love that and I'll try to make it. Let me look into the dates and organize for my business to allow such a break. I'll be back to you on that
March 1-2-3 at the Orleans Hotel, Las Vegas.
PLEASE, PLEASE Someone videotape this workshop for those of us who can't make it out there!

-todd
I would agree with Todd. At least we can buy the recording or DVD and don't miss the fun.