(Close Window)
Topic: Could be Cancer or could be Schmancer...Whad'ya think?
I don't know if you know or not, so I'll give you a quick update.

Got kidney stones last year, they took em out; I went for a follow up 6-month check up, they found swollen lymph nodes. That was August, been going through all kinds of tests, they say it could cancer or nothing at all. They're in my abdomen and behind a lot of vital organs.

Tomorrow I am going to have one FINAL test, a PET scan; it'll tell whether the nodes are cancer.

So what do you think...wanna have another guessing contest?

Who thinks it's nothing?

Who thinks it's cancer?

Winner will receive D'LITE'S newest product; D'Lightning Bug!
Fingers crossed for ya, bro - I think it's nothing.
Not gonna bet on this one, buddy, but I will bet there's enough leftover pixie dust from Kevin's surgery to put the fix on this one. Crossing fingers, or rattling mojo bones, tossing salt, even turning to advanced medical technology...hey, whatever works. :)
Message: Posted by: Michael J. Douglas (Oct 20, 2008 12:20PM)
I get kidney stones every so often, and "they" had to go get them once, so I feel your pain. Swollen lymph nodes can be caused by many things, not just cancer. I know it's hard, but try not to focus on the worst outcome. Take a deep breath, and don't worry until you have to worry. Worrying only makes things worse. :)
Oh, don't worry about that. Those who know me know I don't worry about anything. Even my doctor likes my attitude. Even with my kidney stone operation, they went in through the fron door.

Me, I'm betting that it's nothing. From all the tests I've had so far, I appear to be quite healthy. And I don't put stock into anything other than God, he's all I need. The rest is a cake walk.
Aren't Cancer and Schmancer two of Santa's reindeer?
Justin, I bet its nothing.

You guys really helped me through it, and we will do what we can for you.

Now, when you find out its nothing, who gets the d'lites????

pulling for ya buddy!!!!!!
I get the D'lites.

Though I don't want them.

The internet is freaking weird. We make friends with imaginary people, but somehow they aren't really imaginary.

We care when Kevin gets an operation.

We care when Jeff is freaking out about the suicide of his ex-girlfriend.

We care whether Justin's pet-scan turns out to show cancer or not.

We all win.

We win because in some kind of weird virtual world we care about each other.

I don't understand it. But I like it. Because we all win.

Justin, it probably isn't cancer. But if it is, we in this virtual world will be upset and try to support you the best we virtually can.

Virtual love from me,

Jeff
Pulling for you Justin for it to be benign, but either way you'll be OK. Attitude is half the battle.
I'm pulling for you too. I hope it's nothing, but as long as you keep your positive attitude going, you can't lose.
I'm hoping for the best, Justin. Take care.

Ron
:)
It'll all be fine Justin. As said above, attitude is half the battle and I know you've got the right approach. Be well!
Scott
When you mention swollen lymph nodes, I think of my brother. He had them this year, and it turned out to be cancer.

He fought long and hard to beat it, but I can't help associate swollen nodes to the big "C".
Thanks guys!

Doug, I hope your brother overcomes his battle, I'll be praying for him.

I live and grew up in the swamps of New Jersey...of course now they don't call it that anymore, they gave it a fancy name [i]the meadowlands[/i]! it's a radioactive dumping ground and known as "cancer alley". They got everything burried here from Jimmy Hoffa to toxic cocktails!

I just got the call, they'll be picking me up at 7AM and I should be home around noonish?

Keep those guesses coming, I'm sure someone's gonna win! (eventhough, like Stoney said, we all win!)

hey now!

[i]my machine she's a dud, all stuck in the mud, somewhere in the swamps of jersey.[/i]
Message: Posted by: Josh the Superfluous (Oct 20, 2008 06:41PM)
It's probably just a mass of wriggling maggots from all the flies you've swallowed, while giving bike tours.

Wishing you the best, bud!

-Josh
Sending you well wishes from Ireland.I'll be thinking of ya!
[quote]
On 2008-10-20 19:03, Justin Style wrote:
Thanks guys!

Doug, I hope your brother overcomes his battle, I'll be praying for him.

I live and grew up in the swamps of New Jersey...of course now they don't call it that anymore, they gave it a fancy name [i]the meadowlands[/i]! it's a radioactive dumping ground and known as "cancer alley". They got everything burried here from Jimmy Hoffa to toxic cocktails!

I just got the call, they'll be picking me up at 7AM and I should be home around noonish?

Keep those guesses coming, I'm sure someone's gonna win! (eventhough, like Stoney said, we all win!)

hey now!

[i]my machine she's a dud, all stuck in the mud, somewhere in the swamps of jersey.[/i]
[/quote]

Hi did beat it. Chemo and quitting smoking and his all new totally organic diet..
Justin, I hope it's nothing, and I will be pulling for you buddy. I'll be checking tomorrow for good news from you.
Justin, by the time you read this you'll most likely already be back home from the hospital and, I assume, you'll already know the answer. So I don't want to bet. But I do want to tell you that I hope it's NOT cancer, and if it IS cancer, then I want you to know that I second everything Jeff said.
Justin, I hope I wake to good news pal.
Tick, tock... tell us the good news!!!!
I hope it's not cancer.
Come on Vandy, I was hoping ot see you make a post like in the tour guide test thread?! lol...

Well the only good news is that I got picked up in limo and driven back home in one. That was kinda nice of them. A pet scan is like a cat scan but tells exactly what the thing is.

They shoot you up with glucose and make you drink barium, which was a banana smoothie. I had to sit for about an hour so it all could go through my system. I was in a nice small private waiting room with a recliner and flat screen Tv, with digital cable. When it was time, they brought me in a room that has a cat scan machine, I had to lay down and relax for 30 minutes while it did its thing.

After that, they brought me my jacket and called the car to bring me back home.

So now, I guess they'll call me when they know whats what. When I know, you'll know...

Thanks again.

[i]it ain't no big thing, I'm just waitin' for the bell to ring[/i]...
I didn't get a limo ride!!!! how did you swing that? When I had my test, they kept saying things like, "im sure its nothing" ect. then when the dr called it hit me like a ton of bricks, I wasnt even expecting him to call that day. do something to take your mind off it, take a bike ride. still thinking about ya from ca!!!
Even I can't joke about cancer.

Well I could, but I'm not about to do it in the open forum, it's poor form. And I get murdered for it. lol!
I can and will and do joke about anything and everything under the sun, including cancer.

But I'm NOT going to go placing bets in hope of a package of D-lites.

I lost a friend last year to cancer:

http://stoneunhinged.wordpress.com/2007/02/12/simone-bachmann/

She was cool, and I loved her! I still miss her.

Cancer sucks big time.
I don't thin k any of us care about the dlites
Okay, I hear ya...but on the contrary, I don't care about cancer!

so...that said,

D'lites [b]AND[/b] a [i][b]DVD![/b][/i]

hey now!

no, seriously...
Ok, the dvd sold me.. I want to win.
[quote]
On 2008-10-21 19:07, Justin Style wrote:
Okay, I hear ya...but on the contrary, I don't care about cancer!

so...that said,

D'lites [b]AND[/b] a [i][b]DVD![/b][/i]

hey now!

no, seriously...
[/quote]

I don't want a prize for this one. I won the last contest. I'll forgo any contests I may win in the future to get positive results for the tests.

Make sure you keep us posted.
Message: Posted by: Josh the Superfluous (Oct 21, 2008 08:01PM)
OK, I'll vote yes. (Only because I always lose these things)
And now for the good news...

Got the call and was told I am a healthy mo-fo and have NO signs of cancer! I'll find out all the juicy details when I go in next week, but for now the news is all good!

Not that I had the slightest worry...

One good thing about the whole process is I found out just [i]how[/i] healthy I am! Now I can push myself even harder on the hills.

Thanks for all the good thoughts and well wishes, I appreciate your concern!

:cheers:
Sweet!
W00t! awesome news bro
Great news Justin, congrats!
Message: Posted by: Michael J. Douglas (Oct 30, 2008 06:57PM)
:thumbsup:
Message: Posted by: Josh the Superfluous (Oct 30, 2008 08:58PM)
I told you I never win these things. The cancer probably jumped out when it heard I was betting. Great news Justin!
AWESOME!!!!!

Worried about you for a bit... Glad to hear it buddy
That's so great!

And even though you don't have cancer, I still mean all the good things I said when I was worried that you might.

:cheers:
Justin,

Very glad to hear you are OK.
So, does that mean that you have schmancer? Is it curable?
I knew it could not be cancer......Cancer can't peddle that fast.
Awesome news Justin. Glad to hear you are ok. =)

Kyle