(Close Window)
Topic: Tool Bag for holding Mackie 150W PA system
Hey guys

I was walking around KMart looking for a case to hold my Mackie 150W sound system, and found one that is perfect.

It is a craftsman tool bag that is black in color, and opens similar to a doctors bag. The bag doesn't have protective lining, but still will keep it from getting scratched during loading/unloading/transport.

The link shows the toolbag combo one 10" and the other 12". I was able to find the 12" at my local K-Mart sold alone for only $9.00

http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_10104_9990000038586411P?mv=rr

Hope you find this info useful

Chaz
Looks like a good idea! I also like that the tool bag disguises the fact that it holds a sound system, which may help to prevent theft.

It would be a simple matter to pad the bottom of the bag yourself with some neoprene padding, which would help to provide protection from bumps and also water or dew on the ground. SETH
What kind of venues are you working?
[quote]
On 2008-11-07 23:43, Bill Palmer wrote:
What kind of venues are you working?
[/quote]

I have a 1/2 hour show that I have found suitable for small family events/kids events. As a part time entertainer I have been lucky enough to work a few schools, company picnics, daycares, small fairs festivals.

I would like to book this act for a week solid (kinda like a mini tour) I would make arrangements in which I would pick a week, call daycares and book 2 shows per day in 5 cities in West Virginia.

Any Recommendations?

Thanks
Chaz
If you want a GREAT bag to hold your system go to JoAnn Fabric if you have one in your area and purchase a small rolling tote. I purchased one and it is great as the system fits perfectly and all of my extras can fit inside the bag in compartments and also on the outside. It also is on wheels and has a handle. Cost is around $ 90.00 but they often have coupons for 40-50 % off of an item.

Rodney
Thanks for sharing Rodney. I have seen them at JoAnn's but the price scared me away. They are made for scrapbooking right? I have almost purchased one a couple of times.

Chaz
I am still looking for a bag. I've been using an old VHS camera bag. I want something more solid.
I picked up a rolling duffel bag. Huge thing, but it holds the speaker, the mikes, the stands, the lights, the extention code and has room to spare.