(Close Window)
Topic: Collector's Workshop Ringer
I would like to learn more about the Collector's Workshop Ringer, which is now a scarce, discontinued item. A black Plexiglas hand silhouette was covered with a satin bag, a spectator's ring was vanished, the magician asked the spectator to pick a finger on his or her own hand, and when the satin bag was lifted, the ring was on the named finger of the hand silhouette. I saw this effect in a magic shop in the '80s but never bit, but it always intrigued me. Wondering if anyone here can share their experiences if they owned it. One can only assume that if it was a nice seller, it would still be in the CW catalog.

Here is a picture of the apparatus:
https://www.ktmagic.com/Auction/APUserImages/U3F1UBOUJQFX.JPG
I never owned it, but you could certainly duplicate it with a rattle box and a finger force.

Jim
I had it at one point in my career. I never performed it, but bought it to hopefully use in my con games show. I ended up selling it and buying a necklace vanisher. I usually keep the instruction sheets, I'll run down and look for it.
It looks very much like the Collectors Workshop Samurai. They just replaced the hand with a sword.
No luck finding the sheets.
I have the sheets,anyone want?I been told effect was described in Tarbell.Anyone know if true & what volume or what book it was described in?