(Close Window)
Topic: Best PK ring
Looking for a best PK ring, any suggestion ? Thanks
Wizard PK ring, a very strong ring. It is what I use.

There is a booklet out that shows you how to gaff any ring you want though. If wedding band style isn't your thing.
EMR us the original and bes tbut wizard pk is a close second
I agree with DVLKCC. THe Wizard is a good one.
Before purchasing any PK ring, look here. Notice the strength and the price.

http://www.supermagnetman.net/index.php?cPath=56

P.S. Mods how about moving this to the secret sessions forum.
I have the ring linked above in chrome. It is very nice and also stronger than the other one I have. Recommended if you want a pk ring.
I recommend a search of the Café.
You will find about 30 billion threads on this very topic.

Randi
Randi:

I only found 29,999,999,999. Which one did I miss?

Oh, it must have been this one! ;)
[quote]
On 2008-11-12 16:37, DVLKCC wrote:
Wizard PK ring, a very strong ring. It is what I use.

There is a booklet out that shows you how to gaff any ring you want though. If wedding band style isn't your thing.
[/quote]
Yup.....absolutly agree,
wizard PK ring........
I have two or three PK rings, they look like the same old ugly wedding band. At 46 I have never been married, and plenty of people give me a hard time about it. If I were to use one of these ugly pk rings then they are all going to wonder what on earth am I wearing a wedding band.

There is a book out there on How to take any ring and convert it into a temporary PK ring at your own convenience. Now I can use a very nice designed ring do pk magic and not worry about people starring at an ugly ring. My rings won't break, can be passed around to be examined, and be used for other tricks.

Have fun folks
I think madkiki is referring to my recently released E-Book, "The Any Ring PK Gimmick". For anyone who uses a PK ring, I think you will find this a useful tool. You can find it in several places:

http://www.morfinmagic.com/Store.htm - my website via PayPal. I will email you the PDF within 24 hours. Depending on the time of day you make the purchase, it will usually only take a few hours for me to get the PDF emailed off to you.

Or you can get it instantly at any of these websites:

http://www.trickshop.com/pk_ring.html
http://www.mjmmagic.com/store/any-ring-pk-gimmick-by-hank-morfin-p-8955.html
http://www.lybrary.com/ring-gimmick-p-3397.html

If you do decide to purchase this E-Book, please take a minute to let me know what you thought of it, I would appreciate the feedback.

Thanks
[quote]
On 2008-11-12 20:40, edh wrote:

[/quote]

Thanks for the great tip. I bought 2, one for my husband and one for myself. The quality is fantastic. The grip is almost too much and that's a good thing. :o)

dsalley13
Astrocity is correct, it was his E-Book that got me using my own rings.

Thanks Astro :)
Supermagnetman.com. Great price and plenty strong. They also seem to be a little more durable than some other's I've had.
Anyone ever tried this?

http://www.fabmagic.com/close-up/magnet-ring-f1-dragon-medium-size.html

It's called the F1 Magnet Ring. Anyone know if this is any good?
[quote]
On 2008-11-12 20:40, edh wrote:

[/quote]

Just ordered two from that site. Thanks edh for the tip.
After having bought a good half dozen PK rings from various sources (most of which are listed above), I'm still waiting for one strong enough for me to CONFIDENTLY do PK effects. They've let me down too many performances to trust them.

Can't somebody do a scientific measurement of the various rings' strengths and give us a report? Hard hard would that be to do?
I too have several PK rings. The strongest is a signet type ring I bought from Daytona magic (it was almost the most expensive). The plating is coming off it, and I should have coated it with finger nail polish when I got it, but didn't. For $100 or so, you would think the plating would be a little better - but it is a very strong ring.

Jim
Depending on the effects you are doing with it strongest is not always best. To me passing as a real ring (wedding band in my case) is more important than being able to lift a VW bug. If I need to use my other hand to pull off a steel key or something then that is just too strong for my needs.
I don't care about using a PK ring to lift a VW bug (I use IT to do that, anyway). I just want a ring strong enough to consistently get a reliable signal for such effects as The Relic and Scorpion.
Makes sense. I think N-50 is about as strong as you can get and not have it crack apart at the slightest tap.
Thales: Have you seen N-50 rings being sold anywhere? The strongest I can find are rated just N-40.

Thanks!
I use the Wizard for the Scorpion. I also have a ring from Supermagnetman that works just as well. However, the ring must be a size larger than you normally wear to be effective.

Jim
Supermagnetman offers two types of magnetic rings: one has the field running in the direction of up and down the finger. The other directs the field diagonally ACROSS the finger.

Anyone out there own both kinds and who can render us an opinion as to which is better? Especially for effects like Scorpion and Relic?
Astrocity: how strong a field can your method make in an everyday ring? Higher than N-40?
Per my previous post, I have both, and really can't tell the difference.

Jim
Hmmm. Most interesting, jimhlou. Why would someone prefer one direction of field to another? For what type of effect?
[quote]
On 2009-01-17 20:50, marknem7 wrote:
Supermagnetman offers two types of magnetic rings: one has the field running in the direction of up and down the finger. The other directs the field diagonally ACROSS the finger.

Anyone out there own both kinds and who can render us an opinion as to which is better? Especially for effects like Scorpion and Relic?
[/quote]
The original supermagnet man ring is best with both Relic and Scorpion.

As far as strength goes, with the Relic you don't need the ring to be strong because it is only detecting and being moved by the super strong Relic.

The same goes for the Scorpion. If the ring is slightly loose, the power of the Scorpion will effect the ring.

So with both those effects the ring is used to detect the stronger magnet. A little bit loose and it does not matter what the strength of the ring is, the other two mags are so strong you will easily pick up the "field"

Bottom line as a "detector" the N40 is just fine.

If you want to use a PK ring to "steal" a mag-coin you may want an N-50

even for Prohibition I use the SMM N-40 "regular" ring and it works fine.
Marknem7

You can create any strength ring you want based on what magnet you use to construct the gimmick. The only limitations would be on the size of the magnet you use to construct the gimmick. Thank you for your question and your interest in my E-Book, "The Any Ring PK Gimmick". I've said it before and I'll say it again, check it out, I truly believe you will find it's money well spent - http://www.morfinmagic.com/Store.htm I believe it's a bargain at $7.95, and the feedback I've received has been very positive.

Thanks,
Hank Morfin
http://www.MorfinMagic.com
Do You Believe?
Hey Roth,
I'm afraid I was left hanging out to dry a couple of times in performing Scorpion; no response in my ring (an N-40) whatever. I even suggested, incorrectly and with much embarrassment, that the spectators were duping me by not placing the Scorpion under any of the cups! Ouch! I won't do THAT again!

Sometimes it works, sometimes not. That's why I'm wondering if I need to turn the ring on my finger to adjust the field somehow. I've played around with it many times, but I can never find a position that works consistently.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
[quote]
On 2009-01-18 13:29, marknem7 wrote:
Hey Roth,
I'm afraid I was left hanging out to dry a couple of times in performing Scorpion; no response in my ring (an N-40) whatever. I even suggested, incorrectly and with much embarrassment, that the spectators were duping me by not placing the Scorpion under any of the cups! Ouch! I won't do THAT again!

Sometimes it works, sometimes not. That's why I'm wondering if I need to turn the ring on my finger to adjust the field somehow. I've played around with it many times, but I can never find a position that works consistently.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
[/quote]
what size cups are you using?
Your ring is too tight. Get a larger ring for this effect. The ring should have enough room to "wiggle" when it needs to. I use larger cups than the ones Roth sent, mine are standard 4 oz drinking cups. I can easily find it 2-3 inches above the cup.

Jim
My ring is one size larger than my finger, so it provides plenty of wobble.

The cups I've used are the same, as I recall, as what you included with Scorpion, Roth. 4 oz., right?

On my "to do" list is to create the same type of black paper origami "cups" that Magic Wagon provides with its Nakorn Nail effect. They're about one-half the size of the drinking cups, and look highly appropriate for the great Scorpion story.
Maybe with the smaller size, I can get closer to the Scorpion, thereby catching a reading. Is that where you were headed, Roth?

(BTW, Roth, I have to get an order in with you sometime this week for a couple of items I've had my eye on.)
The cups that come with the Scorpion are 4 oz condiment cups, not drinking cups; The drinking cups are smaller in diameter and a little taller. I wouldn't think that the smaller diameter would make a difference, but I never have a problem finding the critter.

Jim
I'll try smaller cups. In particular, the Magic Wagon style, which are approx. 2" high and 2 1/2" wide.
Keep us posted!!

Jim
I was noticing the other day how when I take off a fleece sweeter on a dry winter day it can build up quite a strong static electric charge. The static charge is strong enough for me to feel it with the hairs on my arm from over a foot away. Now the electric field from a strong N-40 or N-50 magnet has no effect on the hairs on our arms so we can not feel it. But what if a fine iron powder (like a makeup product) was applied to the hairs on your arm or hand? Each hair has nerve ending at its base and is very sensitive. Just touch one hair on your arm and you can feel what I am talking about. So if even just a couple hair respond to the Relic or Scorpion even a few hundred microns then you will feel it.

So I guess what I am talking about is a brown or black (depending on your hair color) arm hair makeup or mascara that is attracted to a magnetic (basically just fine iron particles in an oily mixture) which would replace a PK ring. What do you think of that idea?
I have been intrigued by PK effects, and I will take the plunge today and purchase a ring. Now I understand that if the ring is a little loose on your finger, it can help with the effect. Finally my fat knuckles pay off!

Thank you all for the input.
Message: Posted by: donkeys and waffles (Feb 13, 2009 10:57PM)
[quote]
On 2008-11-13 12:15, madkiki wrote:
I have two or three PK rings, they look like the same old ugly wedding band. At 46 I have never been married, and plenty of people give me a hard time about it. If I were to use one of these ugly pk rings then they are all going to wonder what on earth am I wearing a wedding band.

There is a book out there on How to take any ring and convert it into a temporary PK ring at your own convenience. Now I can use a very nice designed ring do pk magic and not worry about people starring at an ugly ring. My rings won't break, can be passed around to be examined, and be used for other tricks.

Have fun folks
[/quote]

I havent been married either ( no plans either) but I have the superman magnet and I bought two of them. They link together very solid and I use it for my middle finger. Noone ever thinks they are two rings and noone thinks it looks like a wedding ring. It has increased strength and more area for um... contact . Just an idea, but it works perfect for me.
About ten years ago I purchased John Altpeter's MasterRing System. It's a sterling silver signet ring. I believe the ring is still on the market, but will set one back about $150 -yet it's made of silver, heavy, and the magnet can be changed out.
The problem with most pk ring designs is that they resemble a wedding band. While a single guy might pull it off... a "happily" divorced guy can't. My friends, family, etc., would instantly notice the wedding band and think I wasn't over her :)
The only criticism to the signet style is having to spin it around (making it look like a wedding band -lol), but it's never been noticed in performance.
I typically wear it all the time so I can impromptu when asked or needed. Plus, having it on all the time takes any heat off the ring being "new" or suspicious.
I love me some N-50's. I can erase the credit cards of people I don't like
[quote]On Jan 20, 2009, Thales wrote:
I was noticing the other day how when I take off a fleece sweeter on a dry winter day it can build up quite a strong static electric charge. The static charge is strong enough for me to feel it with the hairs on my arm from over a foot away. Now the electric field from a strong N-40 or N-50 magnet has no effect on the hairs on our arms so we can not feel it. But what if a fine iron powder (like a makeup product) was applied to the hairs on your arm or hand? Each hair has nerve ending at its base and is very sensitive. Just touch one hair on your arm and you can feel what I am talking about. So if even just a couple hair respond to the Relic or Scorpion even a few hundred microns then you will feel it.

So I guess what I am talking about is a brown or black (depending on your hair color) arm hair makeup or mascara that is attracted to a magnetic (basically just fine iron particles in an oily mixture) which would replace a PK ring. What do you think of that idea? [/quote]

There was a guy experimenting with high-powered magnets and actually implanted a very small chip into the tip of his finger. He is now very aware any time he comes near a magnetic field, electricity, or chunk of metal--anything that interacts with a magnet. A bit extreme, but as a magician that would be extremely useful. I have a PK ring that looks exactly like my wedding band. My 7 year old busted me when I showed him a PK trick. I believe that a magnet-trick is obvious and any ring calls suspicion. If I could have a doctor implant a magnet in my fingertip, I would go for it.
Message: Posted by: The Mysterious One (Sep 8, 2019 02:16PM)
" I could have a doctor implant a magnet in my fingertip, I would go for it"

That is next level dedication Kevini to the art of magic. Surgery to perform PK effects...man I don't know if you are a genius or I should be worried for any credit card, smartphone, or anything else that touches your fingertip.

On a side note, my goodness, this is a really old thread you resurrected from the dead.

To nominate an excellent PK ring to be in the discussion, I really like the Kinetic PK Ring by Jim Trainer. Excellent quality, really nice, and works great.
Hello! speaking of resurrecting from the dead, Happy Easter Season! I got here by searching on PK Rings, wanting to see about buying one and looking for recommendations. However, the links mentioned for good rings seem to be defunct. Any current recommendations on good magnetic rings? Also, opinions on those steel Morgans I've seen?

Thanks,
Mark
Whoops, may have just found Jim Trainer Kinetic Ring!
Got mine from supermagnetman.com and it’s awesome...👍🏼