(Close Window)
Topic: Bounce no bounce balls
Hi
I have Daryls bounce across and love the effect, but I was wondering can anyone tell me where I can find some more routines using bounce no bounce balls

thanks
I believe Daryl has a booklet of routines for them.
Hope this helps.

http://www.foolerdoolers.com/store/productdetail.asp?productid=300115

Mark.
Thanks gyes
Chad Long's lecture notes has a great opener that uses the BNB Balls.

M&S
Bouncing Back book by Robert D. LaRue, Jr. and Steve Spangler. You will find 50 Routines and Presentation Ideas in there.
Steve and Bob did a great job on that book. There are lost of great ideas if you can score a copy. If you have trouble, I can contact them - they are in my club.
Thanks disneywld I might just do that if I cant get a copy
Steve and Bob's book is great!

Mark. :)
Does anyone know where to find LARGER bounce no bounce balls?

The only ones I can find are Steve Spangler and they're 1 inch, which is a little small for stage. I 'd like to find something similar to Carl Cloutier's version.
Greg Wilson has a nice little routine, a "sobriety test" which you may want to look into, I know it is on one of the In Action DVD's.
BKP007, I have a set of larger bounce no bouce balls. I find it in a convention, this is made my manipulix, germany.
They are blue balls, 3-4cm.
http://manipulix.com/shop-detail.php?articleID=44&SESSIONID=374dd2fb03863fe8dac8f1e67360486f&search=bounce&categoryID=&Order=tblarticle.title_ger&MODE=&NumStart=0&NumLimit=10

or this

http://manipulix.com/shop-detail.php?articleID=1816&SESSIONID=374dd2fb03863fe8dac8f1e67360486f&search=bounce&categoryID=&Order=tblarticle.title_ger&MODE=&NumStart=0&NumLimit=10
Has anyone used these balls in connection with the once popular kid's game Jacks? You could bounce the ball and pick up the Jacks, and when the spectator tries the ball doesn't bounce.
[quote]
On 2009-02-21 13:02, Jonathan Smith wrote:
Has anyone used these balls in connection with the once popular kid's game Jacks? You could bounce the ball and pick up the Jacks, and when the spectator tries the ball doesn't bounce.
[/quote]

Hadn't heard that, sounds like it could be fun. Most effects using the balls are sucker effects, with the spectator being the sucker. Maybe you should try it where they are able to get the jacks, but you were never fast enough, and give yourself the no-bounce ball. I bet the reactions would be completely different, the point is still made, and you won't make the spectator feel that they have lost, or that you are better then them.
I had a set of those things about a year ago.. and another friend of mine that is a magician was over one night and we was trading ideas for cards and coins.. well.. we was outside talking and I pulled them out and showed him.. he thought it was real funny.. he said let me see.. so he bounced the ball once and it got away from him.. rolled down the street and that was it. it was lost forever. I haven't got another set since.. I should though.. they are pretty funny when used right.
I just bought 2 sets in red at WMS. I figured it might make a good 3 ball routine with a bounce/no-bounce comedy ending, some how.
Jonathan,

Scott Alexander has a very nice routine with the bounce/ no bounce balls and 4 jacks on his dvd called The Ten o'clock show. The routine is called Jumping Jacks. It's a nice routine.

Glenn
[quote]
On 2009-03-06 23:46, Glenn Morphew wrote:
Jonathan,

Scott Alexander has a very nice routine with the bounce/ no bounce balls and 4 jacks
[/quote]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacks

Thanks for the heads up. I think a better way to use the bounce/no bounce balls is to mess with your small children instead of ANOTHER matrix routine.

Switch out the bounce ball for the no bounce ball when it is the kids turn.
Don't reveal the trick until they have their own children! LOL...

Best,

Doug Lippert
Dennis Marks has a very nice routine with these in the Feb. 1987 MUM, p 27. he said it's a "copper and silver" routine for venues that might be too poorly lighted for the coins.

it requires two sets. the title is "Copper and Silver with Balls".
If you're interested, here is a bit of info on the book "Bouncing Back":

http://magicref.tripod.com/booksjr/laruebounce.htm

Doug
Ron Geoffries has a great routine on his lecture dvd...worth looking into.

Charlie