(Close Window)
Topic: New PK Effect from Gerard is Coming!
I wanted to give the heads up on this. I think it's been kept underground for years and Gerard recently showed it to some of the greats and they were blown away.
I was given instructions over the phone by Gerard and it was amazing what I could do.
Let's just say it's a PK effect that will use a borrowed object. Lots of animation with the object, but does not use any gimmicks, static electricity, no blowing on it, IT, etc. You barely do anything to the object and it will start to do some crazy things.
You can do it at a moments notice and there is nothing to find or take away. You could do this in the nude. I wish I could say more, but I'm not sure when the release date will be and how much info will be supplied in the ad.
I think it's going to have the name Energy in the title.
Maybe Gerard will come on and give more info on this.
It's good!

Greg
"You could do this in the nude"

Does that mean it's completely impromptu?
[quote]
On 2008-11-16 23:23, OTTOEMEZZO wrote:
"You could do this in the nude"

Does that mean it's completely impromptu?
[/quote]

Yes. You borrow the object from the spectator and go into it almost immediately. No gimmicks. I'm hoping Gerard comes on eventually to talk about it because I don't want to give too much until he starts promoting it.

Greg
Thanks Greg. Sounds incredible.
How light/small do the objects have to be for the method to be employable?
[quote]
On 2008-11-16 23:58, cpbartak wrote:
How light/small do the objects have to be for the method to be employable?
[/quote]

I'm not going to give away too much. It's an object that any spectator will have on them and it's a very specific item.

Just wait until Gerard comes on board and begins to talk about it.

greg
Hi guys,
This effect will be out in the coming week or so.
Its called "Energy Bill", so I hope that answers some questions.

I know it sounds crazy but you will be able to move a borrowed bill just by kinetic energy.at one point you can stand 5 feet away from the bill as it moves on the table untouched.

There is no gimmicks involved, static/ magnetics/ air /wind threads etc... literally NOTHING.

This is the one thing I have done first for anyone I want to convince that pk is possible. You could not even find a gimmick to mimic this. If you could do it for real, this is what it would look like.

There will be a demo video for this, and a booklet with full instructions/pics etc...

This is by far the one secret I thought I would keep forever.... I know you will use this every time asks you to "show them something"

all the best
Andrew Gerard
Now that Gerard has said it I can add to it. He talked me through it over the phone and suddenly the bill I had on my desk started the movements. It was great!

Totally impromptu.

Greg
Andrew this sounds great, as ever with your products I'm sure this will be a winner also.

Keep us updated with the demo movie and purchase information.

Greg, hope life is good and you were missed at Mindvention.

MS
[quote]
On 2008-11-17 01:24, Marc Spelmann wrote:
Andrew this sounds great, as ever with your products I'm sure this will be a winner also.

Keep us updated with the demo movie and purchase information.

Greg, hope life is good and you were missed at Mindvention.

MS
[/quote]

Thanks, Marc. Yeah, I missed it again. I'm waiting for all the updates as to what happened.

greg
Is the bill laying face down, back down or folded?

Hmmm… you have me wondering!
[quote]
On 2008-11-17 01:57, lostpoet wrote:
Is the bill laying face down, back down or folded?

Hmmm… you have me wondering!
[/quote]

Don't wonder... just wait. Gerard has shown it to some big players and they were all startled by what he could do with their bill.

Greg
;)

OK, good enough.
Is this a US/paper bills only effect?
[quote]
On 2008-11-17 03:24, Verifythisnow wrote:
[/quote]

Gerard is from Canada and he does it with those, too.

Greg
Paper money or can do with polymer one ?
Great news Greg,
This man is crazy! Everything from him is top notch and workable, imho.

Thanks for sharing
Here is a clip some might find of interest.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHpWww3jGLU

The person in it contacted me a few months back about his telekinetic experiments.

This one shows a pretty neat demonstration with a bill.

When I read this thread it reminded me of his demonstration.

Check out his other clips also some are quite interesting.

Best Wishes,

Jim
Real magic?

A demo would be great since seem there's nothing to hide so we know what we can expect from this.
Do you have to be nude to perform this?
[quote]
On 2008-11-17 09:01, Kevin Cook wrote:
Do you have to be nude to perform this?
[/quote]

If you're a real purist, you should. :)
[quote]
On 2008-11-17 03:43, Greg Arce wrote:
[quote]
On 2008-11-17 03:24, Verifythisnow wrote:
[/quote]

Gerard is from Canada and he does it with those, too.

Greg
[/quote]

So, the American currancy doesn't move like it used to now? :)
This is REALLY good!
To create wonder at the phone is great!
Thanks Andrew to share this!;)
I've been playing with it. Love it. I was just talking to Gerard on the phone as I was playing around with it and I noticed I had a lotto ticket in front of me. Not the scratcher type, but the thin paper one that comes out of the machine when you play numbers.

The d-a-m-n thing was great! I got some great movement! I love this impromptu kind of stuff!!!

Give Gerard about a week or so to get it all together and then you'll see it popping up in an ad somewhere.

Greg
Can this be done with any small piece of paper or any bill? I live in Sweden and we don't have the same kind of bills that you do.
I believe as long as it's paper currency. I think some countries have some sort of plastic-like currency and it won't work on that. But as I said, you'll probably be able to do it on other forms of paper products. I did it on a lottery ticket and it was pretty cool.

greg
Is this thing anything like the vid link I posted?

-+-J/im

H.O.A-X
[quote]
On 2008-11-17 18:21, Jim-Callahan wrote:
Is this thing anything like the vid link I posted?

-+-J/im

H.O.A-X
[/quote]

In Gerard's you hold the money monetarily while it moves then a lot of the action happens without touching it at all. I'll let Gerard come in and add more since it's not my effect.

Greg
Thanks for taking the time to let me know Greg.

I have been watching this guy for a bit and am unsure about his claims.

Thanks,

Jim
Interesting.......looking forward to the demo...
Hi guys, I know its hard to believe this is true, but it is. As you have read Greg Arce learned this in about 3 min over the phone, I trust Greg as he is a stand up guy.
He has seen a lot of material, so his opinion means a lot to me.

I have to fly out to Vegas tomorrow for work for a week, as soon as I get back we will have this put together.

Thanks for the exictment and patience.

Andrew Gerard
Hey guys,

I just got off the phone with Andrew and this routine is just awesome. If you own any of my work you know that I'm a HUGE fan of impromptu. Well, I just added a new trick to my list.

Imagine being able to walk up to a group of people...borrow THEIR bill... and with no switches or gimmicks you make it move. It starts off slow. You place it onto the table and slowly it starts to move. You move your hands around the bill and it moves more. Then, you decide to take it up a notch. You stand a good 5-10 feet away and stare at the bill. You start to make motions with your hands...and it falls off the table and flutters to the floor.

This is done with no strings, no blowing, no electric devices, literally NOTHING but yourself and the bill. I'm definately a big fan of Andrews work and this has just become my favorite of his effects. I have an interview with a restaurant to perform every Thursday night...I will definately be using this. By Thursday night I'll have the presentation down and it will be ready to impress. That's how easy this is. The method you'll learn in minutes...it's an effect that literally is all in the presentation.

When it comes out...buy it.

Matthew Mello
Finally it's out. Thanks for explaining it a bit further Matthew.

Gerard taught me this over the phone and I was sitting at my desk doing it while we were talking. I kept freaking out at the stuff that was happening. This is a very cool effect and completely impromptu. You don't have to carry something on you and you're always prepared to do it. And the bill is BORROWED. No switches. No walking away to do something. No need to hide anything.

It's great.

Greg
Theres a bonus effect with the electric touch which makes paper move. But the paper is supposed to be cut up into little pieces first. Static electricity. The concept isn't new. Jim posted a link which seemingly shows the exact same effect that is going to be released by Andrew Gerard?
[quote]
On 2008-11-17 23:25, baggins321 wrote:
Theres a bonus effect with the electric touch which makes paper move. But the paper is supposed to be cut up into little pieces first. Static electricity. The concept isn't new. Jim posted a link which seemingly shows the exact same effect that is going to be released by Andrew Gerard?
[/quote]

Huh? First, Gerard hasn't shown this effect here or on YouTube. Second, as we stated it does not require anything... and I think using a device is something. This is completely impromptu. You don't need to have ANYTHING on you.

I'm done. I should have warned Gerard that this is what starts to happen. I wish I could convince him to just keep it under wraps and skip putting it out. It's frustrating.

Greg
No worries guys it will be out soon.
The video clip that guy posted looks NOTHING like my effect, in any way.

good night.

AG
I am very excited. PK is my style of illusion. Hooray! -Matt Sconce
Would it be possible to just rip off a normal piece of paper and do it?
Gerard has earned my trust from putting out quality items for the real professional performer.

He has earned my respect and admiration after a 45 minute conversation last year after I purchased his Colour of Money routine.

I'm picking this up. If you don't want to or you have some other method, please stay away. The fewer people who know about AG's stuff, the better as far as my bottom line is concerned.

Lem
Message: Posted by: Magical Dimensions (Nov 18, 2008 02:30PM)
Well......... come on already!

We can't wait forever!.........

Yes, this does sound good to have in your little bag of tricks. LOL

Best
ray
Personally, I don't think people have asked the same question over and over again enough...maybe a few more times eh...

this sounds great...i look forward to the release...

just one question greg!

*joke*
Thanks Greg.....BTW: Im batting 100 percent with your PK pen with any pen.

When PK speaks, Im all ears. :cool:
I want it. I want it now. Greg Arce says it's good. Enough for me. This kind of impromptu work is hard to come by.
[quote]
On 2008-11-18 17:42, Candin wrote:

[/quote]

Dude, you're doing better than me. I think I'm about 90% on it.

Greg
[quote]
On 2008-11-18 19:22, Greg Arce wrote:
[quote]
On 2008-11-18 17:42, Candin wrote:

[/quote]

Dude, you're doing better than me. I think I'm about 90% on it.

Greg
[/quote]

You probably have done it more then me Greg. I like it because its impromptu and I can supplement my other "pen" PK work with it using gimmicks. I am using it like a hypno/suggestion type effect. When I first read it, I thought it was so simple (and it is) and then the hard part kicked in. :cool:
Happy to hear the work you've put into it, Candin. Now you'll be able to add to this set with Gerard's effect.

Greg
Thanks Greg, really looking forward to hearing from AG when he gets back.
No demo yet ??
[quote]
On 2008-11-19 22:07, PsiDroid wrote:
No demo yet ??
[/quote]

He's a bit busy now so give him about a week.

Greg
This sounds somewhat similar to Anthony Co's Mindbender, likely arrived at independently, of course.

You can find video of it at http://www.ellusionist.com/product/tricks/card+tricks/mindbender+card+bend.do although I know mentalists on this forum wouldnt be caught dead playing around with ellusionist stuff :P (Um, right.)
[quote]
On 2008-11-20 01:55, mentalskeptic wrote:
This sounds somewhat similar to Anthony Co's Mindbender, likely arrived at independently, of course.

You can find video of it at http://www.ellusionist.com/product/tricks/card+tricks/mindbender+card+bend.do although I know mentalists on this forum wouldnt be caught dead playing around with ellusionist stuff :P (Um, right.)
[/quote]
may I suggest you that if you know the method for anthony cos "mindbender" you try it YOURSELF with some paper money: if it work YOU probably GOT IT

and if it doesn't work you come here and TELL US DOES NOT

ONLY then we know you were NOT just trying to ADVERTISE another product using mr.Arce and Gerard thread as a spin
So, I've been playing with this for the past two days and its great. Gonna use it tonight in the restaurant gig...I'll let everyone know how it plays with real people.

As for this being similar to Mindbender...they are completely different. With this effect the bill can actually be seen moving and doesn't take 2 minutes to finally see the end result. You also don't need to be touching it for the bill to move. It's placed onto the table and you see it move around. Plus, the subtleties that Gerard was explaining to me on the phone were great. This seriously looks and even FEELS like the real thing when you perform it.

Matthew Mello
Matthew, don't bother. Soon we will be seeing, "But can I do this with my pants. I always wanted to put my pants on a table and make them move. If this can't do that then it's not worth it." or "So, I don't need to touch the bill at all? I can be in another state, fast asleep, and anyone on the planet pulls out their bill and it starts to move? If this is not real magic you are selling then I'm not buying it because I don't want to buy anymore tricks." :rotf:

Greg
So when you say "So, I've been playing with this for the past two days and its great."

Does this mean it is available to everyone yet.. or still limited edition release?

- Nicodemus
Has the bill to be folded?
T
Im sure this one will be great.

I use all of Andrew Gerards other effects all the time, they are EXTREAMLY practical in the real world, I'm sure this one will be aswell.
Can this be performed while I am suspended in a strait jacket over Niagra Falls at high noon on a Friday?
Can this be used to retrieve money stolen by Somali pirates?
I would like to clear up a possible misunderstanding. I was not implying that the clip offered was the effect in question.

It was simply a clip from a person of interest to me.
The guy is requesting some assistance.

He is presenting the effect as real and I really have not a clue as to if it is or not. (If it is not I don’t want to waste my time).

If Gerard’s new effect is similar in effect I wanted to know so that I might have a starting point in verifying the guys claim.

Sorry for any confusion this may have caused.

I am sure that considering the quality of Gerard’s previous offerings this will be of the same order.

Once again sorry for any misunderstandings.

Jim

H.o.A-X
Thanks, Jim, for the clarification. I'll admit I was one of the confused (yet I kept my mouth shut about it, will wonders never cease?!).

Look, as for the effect, if I can't do it over the phone, for somebody on Mars, without any set-up at all, then it isn't real "magic"/"pk"/"mentalism"/"whatever".

However, and I am in the minority based on the threads in the reviews section at the Café, I don't believe in "real" magic. There are always trade-offs and to imagine there is anything that doesn't have one is foolish.

With the exception of Accuracy, which I am sure is just an issue that needs to be corrected on my end (got some recommendations), Gerard has been better than many others in describing his effects, even if it might cost him purchases. I respect that, respect his body of work, and like to break dance when drunk.

Lem the breakdancing fool
Hurry back AG, suspense city on this thread. Sometimes I get my hopes up and its all worth while. I feel this may be one of those times. I like the real deal like as much (I think) as Jim does.
Hi Lads,

I am still in Vegas consulting for Keith Barry, got held up till monday....I will try to have this out asap.I think This may be a dvd instead of a booklet, just due to the visual nature of the effect.

Just so there is NO confusuion, this effect is not PERFORMED over the phone, I just TAUGHT it over the phoe to Greg and Matt...just wanted to make sure that's clear.

Thanks for all the interest.

As most of you know, I never pre sell/hype anything. I actually do not like flashy demo clips etc.. I miss the days of reading one paragraph that contained a brilliant secret, but I know times are changing, and I will be releasing my next 2 projects in dvd format... just not so flashy.lol

all the best,always

Gerard..
ps, Went to premier of Transporter 3.... wonderful movie, go see it.
You guys can trust the ad copy on this one, Andrew's new routine does as it says on the tin.

This is an anytime, anywhere effect with a borrowed bill that is both extremely visual AND simple to learn and perform; definitely one of the most clever and strong pieces of impromptu PK I've seen in a long time . . . this will go up there with PK Time and Touches in terms of STRONG impromptu PK miracles.

A.G. -
It was a pleasure to meet you finally and have a sit down. Thank you for sharing your new beauty with me. I've got something to share with you in turn ;)

Best,
Jerome
WOW! Good things are worth waiting for.
Its was wonderful meeting Jerome in person, after our great/expensive phone chats.

I look forward to seeing anything from your brain my friend.

Thanks Candin, we are on it this week, I know you will use this all the time.

AG
AG
I had such high respect for you untill you said "P.S.Went to premier of Transporter 3.... wonderful movie, go see it."

Lol

Cant wait for your new release. sounds fun
He was learning to transport the idea to a minimum of 3 DVDs Blake.
[quote]
On 2008-11-22 12:36, A.G. wrote:

Just so there is NO confusuion, this effect is not PERFORMED over the phone, I just TAUGHT it over the phoe to Greg and Matt...just wanted to make sure that's clear.

Gerard..
[/quote]

You mean I cant make dollar bills move over the telephone :(

Now I'm sad.

Mike
[quote]
On 2008-11-25 21:59, Michael Peterson wrote:

You mean I cant make dollar bills move over the telephone :(

Now I'm sad.

Mike
[/quote]

Sure you can. Just call any 900 number line and speak to the nice ladies there. There will be plenty of bills moving away from you. :rotf:

Greg
Greg, when your on.... your on.

G
Suspense, suspense.......
Any idea when this will be released.

Happy Thanksgiving Andrew!
Dittos!
This one is just gonna be like tomorrow: 'Finger lickin' good'
Hey guys,

Energy bill will be sent off to the supplier on tues if all goes on time.

Thanks for all the interest,
best AG
[quote]
On 2008-11-27 00:40, A.G. wrote:
Hey guys,

Energy bill will be sent off to the supplier on tues if all goes on time.

Thanks for all the interest,
best AG
[/quote]

Anything, anything at all please advise.
Message: Posted by: Christopher Taylor (Nov 28, 2008 11:37AM)
Andrew taught me this yesterday and seeing him perform it is a thing of beauty. He also told me the story of how he developed the method and that is almost as fascinating as the effect. The method itself is very, very smart and will make you shake your head and smile. As TT2 mentions, it is simple to learn, however it will require some practice to get the subtleties down that make this look so real. It will be well worth it though as once you get the knack, this really is a gem you will always have with you ready to convince people that PK is real. Cheers.

Christopher
[quote]
On 2008-11-28 12:37, willowtaylor wrote:
Andrew taught me this yesterday and seeing him perform it is a thing of beauty. He also told me the story of how he developed the method and that is almost as fascinating as the effect. The method itself is very, very smart and will make you shake your head and smile. As TT2 mentions, it is simple to learn, however it will require some practice to get the subtleties down that make this look so real. It will be well worth it though as once you get the knack, this really is a gem you will always have with you ready to convince people that PK is real. Cheers.

Christopher
[/quote]

HOORAY! I can't wait!
So NO GIMMICKS?? Nada?? Nothing??

Yet you can still appear to make the bill move whilst stood 5ft away??

Will be watching this for sure (I have a vague idea how it may be done but I'm prob way off)
I wonder what the price will be for this modern miracle. Can't wait! Wish it was a download!!!!
Boy waiting and waiting and the curiosity thing.

Have you performed it yet Christopher?????
Well James Hydrick would buy this too :)

A.G. any update?

Cheers
Anticipation is high for this. Just look at lurkers/views. Plenty out there waiting this one out. Sounds incredible.

The only help now is more reviews from others who have witnessed this.

Posted: Nov 29, 2008 10:43pm
Almost 3000 views already on Penny!
I performed Gerard's 'Energy Bill' this afternoon for some friends and their family in for the holiday. I get into Gerard's routine using Sean Waters piece 'ILLUMINATI' from his new ebook 'Contemplations.'

For an impromptu effect this combination works wonders!

Needless to say, this is a perfect routine for casual situations and tons of fun! I had the table going hook, line and sinker. I love how much mileage and strong reactions one can get from a borrowed bill when used in this fashion.

-J
Thanks Jerome, sounds pretty dawg gone good.

Candin
I can only imagine Energy Bill in Jerome's hands...I think he could start a religion.

This is at the editors now, and still on track for being sent to the Suppliers this week.

My goodness, I felt like I was giving a child up for adoption filming this dvd.

Every time you perform this, I hope you get the same feeling I,and others have gotten ....The feeling of having a genuine ability...and the security of knowing there is NOTHING for the to catch.

Ok lads, thanks for the exitment, but sit tight and Energy Bill will be "In your hands" soon.

best always, AG
Loosing sleep AG, loosing sleep. I am a sicko for PK, like R.O. says, "if what you believe is real, the audience will also."
Wow...this sounds very cool! I was searching for something totally unrelated when I stumbled in here! Looking forward to this one.
Lots of us Rooman....lots of us...checking the thread daily, sometimes triple checks....

Posted: Dec 2, 2008 3:14pm
Tuesday is here, let the countdown begin.

PS: I have a feeling this will be as good as the haunted key but hands off.
I dare to ask again...has the bill to be folded anyhow?
Thanks
[quote]
On 2008-12-02 15:43, brainman wrote:
I dare to ask again...has the bill to be folded anyhow?
Thanks
[/quote]
DVD comes with a 300 page origami book. If you fold the bill into a giraffe I believe it will walk on their palm.

Look forward to this A.G. :)
'The haunted giraffe'...now THAT's a must buy!
LOL that's hilaious... No the bill is Open on the table.

too much fun.

I ope the teaser video will be out this week so you can see what it looks like.

Back to buisess,
Gerard
A.G., how might you compare this to the Mage Touch at http://www.hocuspocus.com? It looks similar to your product in what it might accomplish. How about price? Thanks for your thoughts.
[quote]
On 2008-12-02 19:21, MagicBrent wrote:
A.G., how might you compare this to the Mage Touch at http://www.hocuspocus.com? It looks similar to your product in what it might accomplish. How about price? Thanks for your thoughts.
[/quote]

Were is it?

Why do so many of you guys post links to a main page and not the product you are asking about?

Unless you are just running a scam link game.

Bet ya are becouse the link you posted is.

J ack

H.O.A-X
Not at all. it's the first product on their page...just came out. Take a second to look...or look it up in Latest and Greatest...
Looking forward to video!

PS: Mage Touch requires a gimmick, Energy Bill does not.
[quote]
On 2008-12-02 19:53, Jim-Callahan wrote:
[quote]
On 2008-12-02 19:21, MagicBrent wrote:
[/quote]

Were is it?

Why do so many of you guys post links to a main page and not the product you are asking about?

Unless you are just running a scam link game.

Bet ya are becouse the link you posted is.

J ack

H.O.A-X
[/quote]

He just gave the wrong link...no scam. Hocus really exists.
http://www.hocus-pocus.com/magicshop/
Mage Touch states it comes with a gimmicked pen and coin....Nothing close to my effect.
Two seperate effect two seperate methods.

Looks great though!

I really like Matt Scones Fall... great stuff from this guy.

best AG
Is Matt Scones Fall effect where you point to certain items displayed and they move and tip over?
No, you just say the word "Fall" or whatever you want to say with one word and the objects fall. Your hands are completely still and you can even be turned around...great trick.
Incredible:) Be great just to walk into a show causing people's silverware to fall off the table. I declare 2008-09 the year for PK!
Hey guys, I got nothin' here, I just want to keep this thread going because I'm hoping (and excited) for an update...it's been two days and I thought there was going to be an announcement or something...I might have misunderstood.
Hi Guys,

There was a hold up in the editing, we realized I left out some VERY important points, so there will be a short while longer before this is sent off.

On another note I am thinking of leaving mentalism for good and taking up documentary filming of rare sealife.. see here:
http://www.aetv.com/criss_angel/video/index.jsp?bcpid=1653590658&bclid=1641832088&bctid=1678142050

all the best,
Gerard
[quote]
On 2008-12-05 12:53, MagicBrent wrote:
Hey guys, I got nothin' here, I just want to keep this thread going because I'm hoping (and excited) for an update...it's been two days and I thought there was going to be an announcement or something...I might have misunderstood.
[/quote]

NLT Christmas predictions acoming:)

PS: I thought CA was going to walk on that pool with WhaleFreak.
Hello Gents,

I wanted to throw out an apology for the delay on energy bill.

I hope you will accept my gift to hold you over.

Please do not think because this is free it is not of value, it is.

Andrew Gerard Invisible deck Routine:

This is one of two presentations that I have created for the tool we use called “ The Invisible Deck” I say a tool. Because to me, that’s what it is. If you have any of my previous work, you know I am all about having an interesting premise that by some stretch of our audience’s imagination is real. I also believe that there must be a Process to accompany this idea that captures maximum spectator involvement. The following has these dynamics built in and is very seductive in a psychological way. Spectators watching will also get a great experience and vicariously involve themselves… leaving them with a desire for you to “ try something with them.”

This is for one person male or female.

The setting: A very common one for working magicians, and mystery entertainers… a cocktail party or event here your guests are mingling, drinking a cocktail.

After introducing your self to a group single out the participant that smiled and made eye contact with you when you shook hands, you should instinctively know who that is when you approach people anyway.

Pose the question “ have you ever been hypnotized?”
“No” they respond or “yes”
In either case you remark ” Wonderful then this should be easy…don’t worry you will not be in a deep trance, just a light one where you can access your imagination better than usual ”

(People around may resend with funny remarks etc, but they definitely will now be interested in what comes next)

“ I want you hold this deck in one hand and stare into your glass of wine…. You will notice the wine swirling around in your glass…. It goes around and around more and more… in fact, the more it swirls around the more you watch it, and the more you watch it the more it swirls

(This is actually a very light form of induction. the double binding statement of, the more it swirls around the more you watch it, and the more you watch it the more it swirls)

Their Idiomotor response will also kick in and their wine will swirl around in the glass!

“ I want you to stare in the centre of the wine now, and imagine the glass getting bigger and bigger… so large in fact you will imagine your self floating in it! … have you done that?’
“Yes”
“Good, now in your imagination take the cards out of the deck and throw them up in the air!”
Did you do it?”
“Yes”
“Was it fun?”
“Yes!”
“Great you’re doing wonderful “

(This beat serves to congratulate the spectator and have a 3 second time out)

Look at all the cards floating in the pool of wine…see all the faces of them. Except one. You can see one is floating on the surface face down, can you visualize this happening?”

“Yes, I see it”

“ Good, hold your breath and dive your head under and take a peek at the face…it may be blurry, but can you make out what card it is?”

“Yes the 4 of clubs”

“Excellent… Now quickly come back to the room the glass is getting smaller you return to the party and are back to normal in every way”

The spectator has her eyes open again and will be smiling, Take a minute to ask everyone around to give her an applause….

“ As real as all of that seemed to you, in reality you know that it was all in your imagination right?”

(This statement makes is seem to everyone else that she believes everything she imagine was very real)

“ Sometimes our imaginations get the best of us… “

Remove the cards and show one face down.

You know the rest.

I really hope you perform my routine, which is now, yours.

All the best always,
Andrew Gerard
Thanks AG! Very kind of you!

Nathan
Thank you! That's worth $20.00! At least.
Thanks AG!

I love the wine approach, I've been doing something similiar a bit differently (oh yeah, obfuscation in action there) but, esp. as I live 30 minutes from Napa, California, the wine approach is great. Thanks again.

Lem
Great premise AG.. I love it and will give it a try at my next event.. I especially like your introduction (have you ever been hypnotised).. what a great opening hook to immediately get their attention

Will Energy Bill be available next week??

Chris
Thanks for sharing AG.

Posted: Dec 7, 2008 8:02pm
Please release this for 2009 AG. That way it has a head start for Best Trick of 2009! This year only a few weeks left.
Hi
What do you think of this one?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IqxNxZzDOQ&feature=rec-HM-fresh+div
Another one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23mOBbZQb48&feature=related
[quote]
On 2008-12-09 17:28, ponchito wrote:
Hi
[/quote]

good one but I guess I know how this is done

for this video the post mentalskeptic wrote before in this thread woud make sense to me
[quote]

[/quote]

probably the guy in the video is doing just that. using money rather than a playng card
UGH! Those clips were very difficult [and unimpressive] to watch,and I would bet they are far removed from Andrew Gerard's effect.

Rich
[quote]
On 2008-12-09 17:52, RicHeka wrote:
UGH! Those clips were very difficult [and unimpressive] to watch,and I would bet they are far removed from Andrew Gerard's effect.

Rich
[/quote]

who know without havin seen an actual video from gerard ??

up to now we all heard words but nothing else: hope gerard effect is different and a vid coming soon
Hi Gents,

Thanks for all the kind emails about the ID routine, I am very happy you guys are using it... to me that's the best compliment.

The dvd was shot and is being finished edited by the same guy that just finished Paul Harris collection, so they have been slammed for sure. As soon as this is sent to the replicators it will be out.

I do not want to give a date or make a promise that I can't keep.... so thanks for the interest, and all the support.

best,
AG
[quote]
On 2008-12-09 17:33, PsiDroid wrote:
[quote]
Hi
[/quote]

for this video the post mentalskeptic wrote before in this thread woud make sense to me
[quote]

[/quote]

probably the guy in the video is doing just that. using money rather than a playng card
[/quote]

Both of these are hands on and like most said, not impressive. At least not on the video.

AG, perhaps just a homemade teaser video will show how awesome this is?

Best,

Candin
[quote]
On 2008-12-10 21:39, Candin wrote:
[quote]
On 2008-12-09 17:33, PsiDroid wrote:
[quote]
Hi
[/quote]

[quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Both of these are hands on and like most said, not impressive. At least not on the video.

AG, perhaps just a homemade teaser video will show how awesome this is?

Best,

Candin
[/quote]

I disagree one of the vids is good to me.

yes we all know [i think] the guy is using some spit: pardon. some "moisture" to get the bill to bend

if gerard effect vid is different id be pleasantly surprised . but I don't think it will be other than "moisture" to be clear with you. my thoughts: could be wrong or right
I am very much looking forward to this effect, and thanks for the kind words about Power Word: Fall and Mage Touch.

Someone asked the difference between AG's energy bill and Mage touch. Mage touch is a powerful device that comes in a deck of playing cards and can be put anywhere it fits. It is silent, and is triggered remotely to move things in a spectator's hand or elsewhere. It is gimmick based.

Energy Bill, in my understanding, is an impromptu PK marvel where you make a dollar bill move with NO gimmicks. I wonder if it could be done in a spectator's hand? That would be GREAT! Anyway, I can't wait for this to come out. As you can probably tell, PK mentalism is my favorite arena of magic. This looks to be a promising addition to the field. :) -Matt Sconce
Are you serious?!?!? It's coming! Gerard's effect is coming?!! What should I do?!
Maybe eliminate the caffeine :)

Nathan
Can't we just wait for news from A.G. without overfill this topic with nothing? ;)
I think I'm going to buy 12 of them! Because.... well.... it's coming!! I'm all a twittle!
No gimmicks.....AG method works from a distance away. Not the same.

I am sure the video will be better then the ones from the Orient. While the effect worked, it took much too long.

You know how productions go. Only two speeds, slow and stop. Many are watching/lurking in this thread so hold on tight.
Hi guys the short demo for E.B. has been sent to be put up this evening.

The dvd has quite a bit of subtlties on it and I hope you all enjoy performing this.

all the best,
Gerard
Hi Andrew,
Is there a link to the video. And what is than name of the effect?
-Vlad
WOW, can't wait, up all night so far, its 3:30 AM and I be ready to see some real magic!
Where will I be able to see the demo?
[quote]
On 2008-12-12 10:14, fridoliina89 wrote:
Where will I be able to see the demo?
[/quote]let me guess.. .. on the DVD after you'll buy it ??
Come, Come guys. I finally had to get some sleep. It will be here soon Im sure.
I too am waiting on the link.
This is the only video of this anywhere.

The full dvd, that details everything that is involved in performing this will be available right about X-Mas.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pR9InHYU0l8

Thanks for your interest and after learning this, you will have an impromptu pk effect in your arsenal, anytime anywhere, with a borrowed bill.

all the best always,
Andrew Gerard
'I'd buy that for a dollar'.

Maybe more :)

Looking forward to it's release.

Anthony
Message: Posted by: Lord Of The Horses (Dec 12, 2008 12:13PM)
This is quite good, Andrew.

I will pick one.

The bit I prefer is when you don't touch it and it goes...

I wonder if business cards are too thick for this to work... Having some creepy card with the dead name moving by itself on table could be something I would want to mix in (as an experiment) for some L&D Test.
THANKS AG!

I too have a few ideas about something different to use besides a dollar.

Hope the demo will hold us over until 09!
Hi Paolo, and Thank you.
Yes on the dvd you will see there is just that routine with a person that's passed over..with a warning, Some people will break down and cry etc. because it looks so real.. so a warning if you choose to perform it that way.

Also you can ask them to initial one end and have them write the name of a loved one on the other end, you bring them together... Or draw two sets of lips, ask them to think of their first kiss... the lips touch and you can name the person they think of... etc etc etc....

AG
Have them personalize their own dollar bill or you could initial it etc. A keepsake/heirloom left with them to treasure.

Any table requirements for this AG? I know a tablecloth is a no no but will any table top do?
Hi Candin,
Yes they will hang on to the bill, as it is theirs, and its completely examinable, and they WILL NOT be able to recreate what you did AT ALL.
(do the happy clean dance)

No special/gimmicked table at all.

AG

I will be going away for work and unable to answer any questions, or respond for a couple of days.

Thanks again,
AG
Hi Andrew,
like all your works..this is GREAT!
;)
[quote]
On 2008-12-12 13:27, A.G. wrote:
Hi Candin,
Yes they will hang on to the bill, as it is theirs, and its completely examinable, and they WILL NOT be able to recreate what you did AT ALL.
(do the happy clean dance)

No special/gimmicked table at all.

AG

I will be going away for work and unable to answer any questions, or respond for a couple of days.

Thanks again,
AG
[/quote]
Thanks, enjoy your time away AG. :cool:
I must have this NOW! haha. This looks amazing! I will buy it! -Matt Sconce
A reputation maker.....no set up, moments notice. What more can one ask.

PK Nut
I have been looking for a climax effect to follow my Giany Haunted Key,and my Rolling PK Pen....this may be it.

Another PK Nut.
I'll say it once more, Gerard's 'Energy Bill' with Sean Waters piece 'ILLUMINATI' from 'Contemplations' is an impromptu workhorse; I've been getting tons of mileage from this seamless combination. Both pieces stand wonderfully well on their own, but TOGETHER it becomes a different animal entirely.

It goes without saying I highly recommend both of these pieces!

-J
I don't buy into hype but I do have to say that I will, and this is rare, be one of the first (hopefully) to pick this up. I have a perfect slot in a couple routines for this.
WoW
Making a dollar or piece of paper do that from across the room. Unreal.
Man, this sucks that everyone else is now going to be doing this. I've had it for a little while now and have been doing it in my restaurant gigs.

The reactions are AMAZING. Being able to just make the bill move slightly. Then move 10 feet away and stare at it until it falls...is just great. And its sitting there on THEIR table right in front of their faces. It's incredible. You guys are gonna love this.

Matthew Mello
[quote]
On 2008-12-12 18:32, matthewmello wrote:
Man, this sucks that everyone else is now going to be doing this. I've had it for a little while now and have been doing it in my restaurant gigs.

The reactions are AMAZING. Being able to just make the bill move slightly. Then move 10 feet away and stare at it until it falls...is just great. And its sitting there on THEIR table right in front of their faces. It's incredible. You guys are gonna love this.

Matthew Mello
[/quote]

I hear ya Matthew. But look at it this way, as long as it doesn't get into hands of entertainers near you. I remember very few times I have even had specs say they have seen metal bending live before.

Waiting is the hardest part for the PK Nuts here. There are probably 100 more lurkers then posters here waiting it out like the rest of us.
This vid is good and nothing like the other ones but if you just try with moisture you see you can do that: ive tried on a desk and it moved. then bill fell down. using moisture while folding bill worked for me

don't get me wrong but don't get the uniqueness of this since method seem obvious to me unless you have some idea nobody thought of:before .clearly the folding bill is one everybody thought of if we have to judge by the horde of youtube vids on pk bills
[quote]
On 2008-12-12 19:19, PsiDroid wrote:
This vid is good and nothing like the other ones but if you just try with moisture you see you can do that: ive tried on a desk and it moved. then bill fell down. using moisture while folding bill worked for me

don't get me wrong but don't get the uniqueness of this since method seem obvious to me unless you have some idea nobody thought of:before .clearly the folding bill is one everybody thought of if we have to judge by the horde of youtube vids on pk bills
[/quote]

I may be wrong but I don't think the moisture is 100 percent PSI. The bill has to be a brand new crisp bill does it not? I really hate You Tube sometimes:(
[quote]
On 2008-12-12 19:35, Candin wrote:
[quote]
On 2008-12-12 19:19, PsiDroid wrote:

[/quote]

I may be wrong but I don't think the moisture is 100 percent PSI. The bill has to be a brand new crisp bill does it not? I really hate You Tube sometimes:(
[/quote]
then try that candini. I licked my finger and run along center bill before folding in half: then I let the magic work ..tried twice now and was 100 percent

id be very surprised if mr.gerards method is different than some spit on bill: but well see !! I hate youtube also
PSI (your PM is diabled).
I like what I saw in Gerards teaser clip.Who cares about the method?...I sure don't.

If I can make a bill 'move and fall' without being near it...and[without breath,magnets,thread,or static electricity] that is all that matters to me.I'll take it from there.

Rich
I am pretty sure its different PSI. I did try it. Out of several trys I had it work once (and it didn't look as clean as AGs) I used two different bills.
Rickheka I do care for a method and don't believe people who say do not since they are almost always the first to complain if the method is not something they like

also candini is still working wonders with my bills. tried different bills and now up to the tenth time I do this from other side of the room and consisten success. I may be doing the prep in the right way or I'm a real pker
PSI why is your PM not working?
If you want the REAL work on MY effect, please BUY the dvd in a week.

If you want to guess and fish at methods that's your buisness... have fun.

I know the vast majority here have morals and obviously support my work, to those, thank you.

AG
[quote]
On 2008-12-12 20:41, A.G. wrote:

I know the vast majority here have morals and obviously support my work, to those, thank you.

AG
[/quote]

Andrew, probably be 3 weeks for me, I have to get through the holidays. :spinningcoin:

Tony
AG,

I'm in your corner...cannot wait!

Nathan
[quote]
On 2008-12-12 20:37, PsiDroid wrote:
Rickheka I do care for a method and don't believe people who say do not since they are almost always the first to complain if the method is not something they like

[/quote]

Respectfully,any possible method aside....did you ever consider the fact that the creator of an effect has the experience with the effect and the subtleties necessary to elevate the piece to special status?

That is why a simple guess at a method is not important to me.It is the meat on the bones that make any effect a worker....and then where I personally take it that is vital.

Rich
Good take Rich.

Thanks again AG......the hoard is waiting.
Wait a minute folks: just because I said that to me the method is obvious by now doesn’t mean I'm bashing your “hero”
respectfully let me say that Ive bought most of mr.gerard stuff since he first got into the market
ice of water [wonderful concept] key accessory routine accuracy: and I could go on
the discussion stemmed from other people submitting vids from youtube and Id bet some good money they all use some kind of moisture as a principle to make bill fold up: mr.gerard posted his vid and I tried with same old moisture method and simply worked fine for me .thats it plain truth and nothing else
does that mean this is bad product. not for any layman but to me it was obvious. if you don’t use thread magnets any gimmick and you can do it naked just by exclusion I was left with spit
will I buy this anyway ?? yes in the hope mr.gerard has included some subtleties to enhance the effect: and he should have if we have to credit thevid in which hetellus he came up with that eight years ago
[quote]
On 2008-12-12 20:50, Tony Iacoviello wrote:
[quote]
On 2008-12-12 20:41, A.G. wrote:

AG
[/quote]

Andrew, probably be 3 weeks for me, I have to get through the holidays. :spinningcoin:

Tony
[/quote]

Tony,do you need a bailout? :)
[quote]
[/quote]

I don't appreciate being called a liar. The only people who care about methods are the people who don't actually perform. Method analysis has its place, but here it not it.
Message: Posted by: Lord Of The Horses (Dec 12, 2008 08:47PM)
[quote]
On 2008-12-12 21:36, Lemniscate wrote:
[quote]
I don't appreciate being called a liar. The only people who care about methods are the people who don't actually perform. Method analysis has its place, but here it not it.
[/quote]
Not going into Gerard's effect.

But I consider myself someone who performs (!) and I have to disagree with you here.

One thing is to put emphasis on performance, on script, on blocking and staging, etc. (And those things are essentials in my agenda).

But one other thing is the method. And I tend to agree with PsiDroid to some extent, even if only for the fact that if method sucks or with no method (even if only a bold one) the magic won't work.
[quote]
On 2008-12-12 21:36, Lemniscate wrote:
[quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

When did he call you a liar???
I've always enjoyed most of Gerard's product. And this one sounds too good to be true!
I liked the demo very much.
I'm getting more and more excited about this one...especially since it's a DVD. I was afraid it wouldn't be affordable for me.
Me too Brent. Visible DVDs always a help for me to learn new effects. I am glad he was enticed to release it.
You may like to check out the following videos:

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13oAOaZGrHk][b]PK Bill - Effect-1[/b][/url]

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0iJ15jTR7U][b]PK Bill - Effect-2[/b][/url]

Hope you like the effect(s)! :)

Enjoy!

:xmas:
It looks fsntastic!

Thank you Ustaad.
I just saw the product clip and think this is fantastic (as well). Thanks for releasing this, A.G. I have never been disappointed with a Andrew Gerard Effect.

With regards,

Sean
Ustaad I vote your vids THE BEST ONES
[quote]
On 2008-12-14 09:04, Ustaad wrote:
You may like to check out the following videos: [...][/quote]

Are these Gerard's effects?
Ustaad:Those two demonstrations look extremely magical and amazing...well done.

Rich
That's great Ustaad !
I love the sped up footage ! this is like a tv trick someone would use !

I am suprised at the amount of emails and messages of support I have recieved BEFORE this effect has been released.
Likewise I am shocked at how some think its OK to announce, guess and suppose to method(s) of someone elses UNRELEASED EFFECTS! why is this ok?

when you get the dvd you will be suprised at what actually makes this work !

happy holidays,
AG
I, for one, am patiently waiting...

Nathan Sparks
<<I am suprised at the amount of emails and messages of support I have recieved BEFORE this effect has been released.
Likewise I am shocked at how some think its OK to announce, guess and suppose to method(s) of someone elses UNRELEASED EFFECTS! why is this ok? >>

Sorry? Why would you be pleased with one but not the other? Why is one acceptable, and the other not? The reason people are guessing at the supposed method is because of simple human curiosity... you don't offer 7 pages of hype - sorry, pre-release banter - and expect them NOT to talk about it, any more than you would give a kid a wrapped present, tell him not to open it, then demonstrate surprise when he shakes it and fondles it in an attempt to work out what it is. Good grief!

Look, I usually only offer positive posts, but this one really asked for it. May I suggest you spend more time actually working towards releasing it rather than telling us all how fantastic it is, raising the expectation then complaining when people discuss it.

Drew
[quote]
On 2008-12-14 11:36, A.G. wrote:
when you get the dvd you will be surprised at what actually makes this work !

happy holidays,
AG
[/quote]

I will laugh when some discover they did not have a clue (including myself) when discovering what is required for Energy Bill. Say no more Candin.

Posted: Dec 14, 2008 2:43pm
Ustaad

I am moving to India. Please check on a 2 star hotel for me:)

Candin
[quote]
On 2008-12-14 14:16, Drewmcadam wrote:
<<I am suprised at the amount of emails and messages of support I have recieved BEFORE this effect has been released.
Likewise I am shocked at how some think its OK to announce, guess and suppose to method(s) of someone elses UNRELEASED EFFECTS! why is this ok? >>

Sorry? Why would you be pleased with one but not the other? Why is one acceptable, and the other not? The reason people are guessing at the supposed method is because of simple human curiosity... you don't offer 7 pages of hype - sorry, pre-release banter - and expect them NOT to talk about it, any more than you would give a kid a wrapped present, tell him not to open it, then demonstrate surprise when he shakes it and fondles it in an attempt to work out what it is. Good grief!

Look, I usually only offer positive posts, but this one really asked for it. May I suggest you spend more time actually working towards releasing it rather than telling us all how fantastic it is, raising the expectation then complaining when people discuss it.

Drew
[/quote]
Amen !!
Ustaad, I will also be going to India. :) ;)

P.S beautiful effect.
Hi Drew,

As you know I respect you, so I wanted to make this clear.

I can understand how my post can be taken the wrong way, allow me to clarify.

I have gotten many emails and pm's from people that wanted to tell me they really like the effect, and were looking forward to learning it in its entirety to add to their repetoire. This was one of the reason I decided to release the effect.

The response that I am shocked by is from people coming on and thinking its their mission to expose this effects workings, released or not this is NOT o.k. by me....and I certainly hope its not ok by you!

If I go on any magic site and watch ANY demo, I can tell you exactly what the method is... if I want to perform the peice, I will buy the dvd,book to learn from the creator all the history,bits and peices that make it a solid peice.

I DO NOT go on a chat board and start telling everyone "I know how this works and pm me to find out"

The dvd was shot a week ago and has been sent to the editors, looks like its still on time to be release around X-Mas.

I have sent a message to the moderators requesting this topic LOCKED.

If you like my work, buy it.

I hope you all enjoy the holidays
Andrew Gerard
Hi All,

Thank you so much for the kind words. Glad you liked the effects. :)

A few have asked me whether any editing was done. I would like to clarify that:-

The two YouTube videos have not been edited in any way or form. They are in real time. The videos were shot some time back with a very limited capability digital STILL camera using its Video Mode. That is the reason I had to mention at the end of the video that No Editing was done.

Enjoy!

Message: Posted by: Lord Of The Horses (Dec 14, 2008 08:10PM)
I'm sure you did not edit them.

That's why I want to publicly say - BRAVO Ustaad! Good thinking!
Its clear to see that its only the quality of the camera that makes the video look glitchy and edited.

best,

Gerard
Andrew:I like your work...and your style! I look forward to getting 'your real work' on 'Energy Bill'.Do I personally have any ideas as to method?...sure.However,the only thing important to ME...is... will this effect be a worker for me...If Yes, GREAT!.... IF No,OK I will move on. "You win some,you lose some,and some get rained out". :) I do have a good feeling about this though.

My main interest is in the 'intricacies and subtleties' that make any effect work in a 'performance environment'.

Let me just say this about 'bloviating' about methods that are used for any given effect:There is IMHO only one 'respectable' way to discuss methodology...that is via PM....or otherwise privately.[e-mail,magic club etc].*Or at the very least in the Café's Banquet Room.

Posting your 'solutions' here on an open forum is IMO just a negative for the Art.

If Ustaad or anyone else was to offer their version..I am also interested...because the individual stylelizations can only be a plus for one who woks in the real world and has to stay fluid in their presentations.For me this is the greatest value of a Forum like the Café.

Creator's of magical effects should be Free to promote[hype]their wares however they wish...the efficacy of any given effect will be known early on[after release].This is known as 'free enterprise'!If it lives up to the hype it will be successful if not it will fail and be remembered for future reference.... [exausted Mountbank carefully steps down off soap box]

Happy trails.
Rich
Ustaad's PK bill effect was wonderfull. Bravo my friend.
How did I miss this thread? This looks amazing and I have to have it. I have Real Time and it always kills in my shows. I can't wait to see this. Release date????

magicmike30
[quote]
On 2008-12-15 02:02, magicmike30 wrote:
How did I miss this thread? This looks amazing and I have to have it. I have Real Time and it always kills in my shows. I can't wait to see this. Release date????

magicmike30
[/quote]

My prediction is Christmas.
Hi AG, consider it clarified. My misunderstanding!

Drew
[quote]
On 2008-12-14 09:04, Ustaad wrote:
You may like to check out the following videos:

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13oAOaZGrHk][b]PK Bill - Effect-1[/b][/url]

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0iJ15jTR7U][b]PK Bill - Effect-2[/b][/url]

Hope you like the effect(s)! :)

Enjoy!

[/quote]

These are the best PK effects using bills I've seen.
Ustaad I'm in the next flight to India. http://www.ticketstoindia.co.uk
Let's see if I arrive first then Candini...

AG everything is gold from you :D
Hi Gents, Here is the demo link -

Thank you for that Drew, I am glad.

Magicmike30 Real time is no longer available, so I am glad you are killing with it!

Elcio, your support means allot ,thank you.

richeka, you sound like a real worker man, I know you will be using this.

Candin, your prediction may be bang on !

Snowing here today in Canada, definitely feels like X-Mas

FYI I gave my dear friend Paul Harris 3 killer peices for his True Asonishment series...and did a (hidden) interview as well. These dvds are the biggest thing close up magic will see for a while I suspect.

Happy Holidays,

Andrew Gerard
Where do I send money for this? please tell me now.
This question might be exposure-ish but will the effect work with bill from anywhere? I mean different countries use different materials for their bills
[quote]
On 2008-12-15 12:41, The Mac wrote:
This question might be exposure-ish but will the effect work with bill from anywhere? I mean different countries use different materials for their bills
[/quote]

I am pretty sure it will. Ustaad uses his currency.

Best

Candin
Any Paper currency will work... no coins, different effect!

Your favorite dealer will have Energy Bill around X Mas
If you don't have a favorite dealer http://www.Hocus-pocus.com is great.

best ,
Gerard
I have seen Andrew's effect performed live in my home.

2 words "Amazing Magic"

I will buy this effect and I will use this effect.

So will you!

Tony Chris
Andrew performed this effect for me this morning (the guy is everywhere! LoL).

And I promise that you won't be disappointed, not only by the method-- which is clever -- but also by the performance tips that will elevate your effect into the "real magic" zone.

When I was tipped to this thread, as I read the one thing I worried about was a flood of poor performers video-ing themselves in their bedrooms doing a trick (I should re-write that last sentence but I won't because it amounts to the same thing)... I can't imagine anything that would drain the magic of the effect more.

This is a "live and in person" thing. Please, with the holiday season upon us, perform it responsibly. :)
A.G., do you know if this will have a download to accompany it? When you say a Christmas release, I didn't know if I could enjoy it at Christmas or waited until January for the DVD through snailmail. I'm excited about this release. Best, Brent
Will it work with playing cards, or business cards?
Very magical looking.
Hi and Thanks Tony it was great to meet you and your lovely family.

For those that don't know Dmoses is a famous and amzing TV writer ,and a passionate mentalist.Pm him if you want your own TV show.

This effect is done only with a borrowed bill.

Its a huge snowfall here in Canada, so I am at home writing for the day.

all the best always,
Gerard
Wishing you a white Christmas AG.

Candin
Hi Guys,

For anyone that wishes to pre-order Energy Bill.
I am offering 100 signed copies of "Energy Bill" directly from me (the creator)
please email me at - andrewsmagic@telus.net to do so.
These will be shipped on/or shortly after X-Mas...

Energy bill is $40.00 usd Free standard shipping in Canada or USA

Otherwise you will see Energy Bill dvd appear at your favorite dealer sometime after X-mas
Thanks for your patience,

Andrew Gerard

Posted: Dec 18, 2008 9:49pm
Please contact me at my email, not by PM.

I have a request for an add here on the Café, but until they respond, please contact me via email to pre-order this.

Thanks,
AG
again for those interested here is the video demo of "Energy Bill"

That will work out over 30 Pounds for me in the UK, with postage, so I will pass on this one.
That is one expensive single trick dvd! The effect does look astounding Andrew, but 40 dollars? Richard Ferguson's Tagged sold for less than that, and that had numerous effects, performance tips, and audience management techniques that were completely separate from the ridiculously amazing method of transferring writing to someone invisibly. How does one justify such a high price for a PK bill?
With Ustaad's coming out, maybe A.G. will throw in a freebie..Christmas is a time for gifting...miracles?....I'm curious too as I'm a preorder for the A.G. release.
Here is a message I reacieved from " Precision magic "

Posted: Wed, Dec 17th, 2008 - 11:59 AM (EST)

Dear Sir,
We have a similar effect to your bill effect that we are considering releasing next year and were concerned that our method might be the same. I am not sure about how to go about talking to you about this issue. I just didn't want to step on your toes if our methods are the same. I don't want to cause problems but I don't want to put out a product that seems like I ripped someone off. I know this may be direct and somewhat unprofessional but If you would just give me the basic idea of your method I could determine if our method is too close to yours. I don't know of any other clear way to determine if were too close or what. If you have any other idea about how we might resolve this I would be open to suggestions. If you’re not concerned about this and you do not wish to respond, then I will assume that our methods are completely different and will move ahead with our release. I hope that you will receive this PM in the spirit it’s given. Not looking for trouble only clarity.
Respectfully,
David Mann
Precision Magic Man

AND I RESPONDED 30 minutes later.....

A.G.

Posted: Wed, Dec 17th, 2008 - 12:36 PM (EST)

Energy Bill will be available in the next week or so.
I will send you a copy of the dvd.

If you have created an effect similar to mine, the odds are preaty good you have discovered my secret. The basic idea is ******************************** the bill.

I have had Energy bill for 8 years and only a handful of people knew about it. The method is original and created by myself.

Thanks for your professionalism in the matter.
AG

SO THEY AGREE NOT TO RELEASE THE KNOCK OFF !!!

Dmann
e

Posted: Wed, Dec 17th, 2008 - 12:40 PM (EST)

Thanks for getting back with me so quickly. I will hold off on our release until I review the Dvd. I am not so sure our methods are the same, but I look forward to seeing the DVD. If our methods are the same, I will bow out and give a good review of your product.
Thanks for your time,
Dave

AND THEN WITHIN ONE DAY THEY RELEASE THE CHEAP KNOCK OF>>> the difference is you may get the basic idea, but none of the real work, SAD INDEED.

My guess is anyone that buys this ripp off wil still need the real work.

Happy Holidays....AG
A.G.

Oh yeah Ustaad message to me :

"I do understand that you have a commercial interest here whereas I have none. However being magicians we should both be aware that true magicians never share each others secrets & the profession of magic would never grow if everyone started guessing & sharing (openly) others effect(s). "

SO I OFFER TO SEND HIM A FREE DVD !

Posted: Sun, Dec 14th, 2008 - 8:59 PM (EST)

Thank you for your kind response, you are a gentalmen.

As stated I came up with this 8 years ago and only a few people know the true workings.
I would love to send you my dvd please give me your address.

Thank you,and best wishes,
AG

HIS RESPONSE >>>>
Ustaasd

Hi Andrew,

Thank you so much for your kind offer. However it will not be just to accept this, given the number of years and hard work gone in. I would like to purchase the DVD as & when it’s up for sale.

I too sincerely reciprocate your feelings & friendship.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Narendra

SEEMED LIKE SUCH A NICE GUY....

I am very upset these crooks did this to me, and you.
I know many will still buy this from these two and not get what really makes this effect strong, instead you will only get a peice of the puzzle, not even the full method! and NONE of the presentation, or details that had made me keep this a secret for so long.

on the flipside,
Thanks to thse that still intend to support my work and that have preordered this effect from ME, The CREATOR.

Andrew Gerard
WOW!

It “seems” like all the right things were said, and the exchange was the way it should be. Then one party showed its true colors and that it was a snake.

My suggestion:

The other party should come forward and state its side of the story, although it appears to be explained already via the message correspondence, it is hard to imagine any misunderstandings.

If this is as it appears to be, I for one will boycott this and all future releases from the said, second party. And I recommend that Steve look into this as it appears that a dealer has used HIS forum to market an alternative version of a product that was discussed here, undercutting the original and beating it to market. If true, this is a huge ethical breach and this individual should be removed, in my opinion.

Tony Iacoviello
Wow, once again "thieves helping thieves". It's amazing how suddenly people get these creative ideas once someone else first puts it out. Even better, how they suddenly have a new product once someone puts a video demo.

Well, it shows why some will always be hired to be TV consultants and some will not.

Greg
Message: Posted by: Christopher Taylor (Dec 19, 2008 12:33PM)
This is unbelievable! I've never seen such a blatant rip off and I wonder who they think they are fooling here.

Christopher
The precision name takes yet another beating.
Andrew Gerrard is in a class of magic all by himself.

His effects have impact beyond the scope of words. When I first saw "Energy Bill" performed in my home (including 3 different variations) I thought to myself this is what it would look like if I was able to move objects with my mind.

Then it hit me. It was a borrowed bill, no gimmicks at all. I realized then that I must have this effect. I would not rest till I get it.

Then my next thought was "how does it work". I hadn't a clue.

My next thought was, I want this effect and will pay the price tag whatever it is.

Even more important to me now as I wait to receive mine is all the "work" that Andrew Gerard gives, on the DVD. This info is what 8 years of a beautiful mind has come up with.

8 years including the conception, working it out, working it out even more, practicing till it's a 100% miracle then putting it in "the show" and performing it forever after for real audineces.

That means that Andrew has been performing this close up miracle and putting it through the test in the real world for almost a decade. He has only now released this effect after so long and for that I thank him. And so will those of you that purchase "Energy Bill".

As far as the price concerns for those that think $40.00 may be a little high.

Forty bones is a very small price to pay for a miracle that you will have in your repetoire forever and can perform in in country with any denomination in front of anyone at anytime.

I would have easily paid triple for the secret and all the "goodies" meaning the real work on Energy Bill on the DVD.

Thanks Andrew for letting loose "Energy Bill" after so many years. At last a miracle that you don't have to carry on you and perform anywhere in the world at any time. Very few magic effects can claim such an honor.

Respectfully,
Tony Chris
So how do you know who ripped it off from who. Is this a new method or technique. Its like the classic pass there are a lot of dvds and books out there on the pass. Only one came up with it, so why are they aloud to make money off there idea. How do we know the second party didn't come up with this 15 years before Andrew did.
Edit
Thank you for all your emails and support, also for those that have pre-ordered one of the 100 signed copies of Energy Bill through me, I MAY have some good news for you soon....

If you wish to pre order through me ( the creator) please email me at Andrewsmagic@telus.net

You guys are amazing, and are restoring my faith in Magicians Helping Magicians.

again the demo clip

Yours Truly
Andrew Gerard
Andrew, thanks for the clarifications. I've preordered "Energy Bill" and I'm looking forward to get it! :)
[quote]
On 2008-12-19 14:35, Krazyjay wrote:
So how do you know who ripped it off from who. Is this a new method or technique. Its like the classic pass there are a lot of dvds and books out there on the pass. Only one came up with it, so why are they aloud to make money off there idea. How do we know the second party didn't come up with this 15 years before Andrew did.
[/quote]

I've been tracking this since Andrew announced he was releasing it, I've read everything here, even commented on the other party’ video (they were posted in this very thread). Then I read the emails that were provided where David said he would not bring it to market, dated the day before he marketed his version.

Could Ustaad have developed his version on his own? Sure, he is very clever. But the fact remains that it appeared here after Andrew announced his, and after Andrew posted his video. Any ethical manufacturer would have honored his own words and not attempted to go to market and undercut another who had made the announcement and demonstrated the effect. It appears that not only had David Mann gone back on his word of not putting out "knock off" but is attempting to undercut Andrew on price and take advantage of the interest that Andrew created with his creation and work.

It is all here in green and white.

Tony Iacoviello
[quote]
On 2008-12-19 14:50, Tony Iacoviello wrote:
[quote]
On 2008-12-19 14:35, Krazyjay wrote:
[/quote]

I've been tracking this since Andrew announced he was releasing it, I've read everything here, even commented on the other party’ video (they were posted in this very thread). Then I read the emails that were provided where David said he would not bring it to market, dated the day before he marketed his version.

Could Ustaad have developed his version on his own? Sure, he is very clever. But the fact remains that it appeared here after Andrew announced his, and after Andrew posted his video. Any ethical manufacturer would have honored his own words and not attempted to go to market and undercut another who had made the announcement and demonstrated the effect. It appears that not only had David Mann gone back on his word of not putting out "knock off" but is attempting to undercut Andrew on price and take advantage of the interest that Andrew created with his creation and work.

It is all here in green and white.

Tony Iacoviello
[/quote]

that's all I was trying to say, that Ustaad could have came up with independently.
[quote]
Posted: Wed, Dec 17th, 2008 - 12:40 PM (EST)

Thanks for getting back with me so quickly. I will hold off on our release until I review the Dvd. I am not so sure our methods are the same, but I look forward to seeing the DVD. If our methods are the same, I will bow out and give a good review of your product.
Thanks for your time,
Dave [/quote]

The DVD will be out next week, "Dave" has yet to see it...

His product is on the market, so what does that make of his word or his ethics?

At this point, one can only draw one conclusion.

Sad!

Tony
I have always respected Ustaad and definitely pay attention when he posts. I agree that he could of come up with this on his own...but again we only have the proof that his video came out AFTER the video of Gerard.

David Mann on the other hand, I don't trust at all. I was planning on releasing one of my effects with him in the past, but something about him just struck me as odd, so I decided not to. Then after all the posts about Precision Magic and there business, my instincts we're right.

We already have proof above in PM's which state that Dave wouldn't release a knock off and then only a day later this is released. Based on that alone I think I know who I trust more. Andrew is a brilliant guy and definitely deserves all the support that he's receiving.

Gerard took this PK effect and literally made it real. All the small touches that he teaches make this effect about as authentic as you can get. Congrats and good luck with the release.

Matthew Mello
The obvious response from each of us is: support original creators.

Andrew is a gentleman indeed. Best wishes on the release.

Sean
Such is the curse of the hype.
[quote]
On 2008-12-19 15:41, edh wrote:
Such is the curse of the hype.
[/quote]

No, the curse of disreputable people!
Andrew is a gentleman indeed. all I was trying to say, that Ustaad could have came up with it independently. I do think its wrong what there are doing. I know in my first post I sounded like I was supporting this unethical crime. Im not

My Best
Jeremy
Thank you for saying that.

In this business, and in life, one is only as good as one's word.
[quote]
On 2008-12-19 15:46, Tony Iacoviello wrote:
Thank you for saying that.

In this business, and in life, one is only as good as one's word.
[/quote]

Very true Tony. I have no problem stating the truth.

Jeremy
Jeremy

My comment was not meant for what you said, but rather the situation this thread is about. Sorry if I was not clear about that.

Tony
Hi All,

WOW! What a thread, what controversy!

As many of you may or may not know Andrew is a good friend of mine and someone I am proud to call my friend. We live in the same city and I am happy to say Andrew usually blows me away with a new idea every time I see him. He is a great guy, very very clever thinker and always willing to share and teach and is never too self absorbed to listen & learn from others.

When Andrew showed me Energy Bill I realized I was seeing another one of those unfound gems that Andrew seems to discover on a regular basis. What you have to understand about Andrew Gerard is that he is a non stop machine when it comes to creating & developing magic. He thinks on a level that very few creators do. Part of this is due to the fact that this man reads and studies our art 24 hours a day, he is a walking encyclopedia and a wealth of knowledge.

Now I can not judge Ustaasd's integrity and honesty when it comes to his version of this particular effect as I do not know the man and have no knowledge of when or where he discovered this principal. However I will say this! Both Precision Magic & Ustaad approached Andrew with legitimate questions to which he gave them legitimate and honest answers, he even offered to send them DVD's, why? Because Andrew is a gentleman.

While I have no doubt that the exact same concepts can be created by two or more people worlds apart I do know that our art survives partly because of an unwritten code of ethics. A code of ethics that both Ustaad & Precision Magic both seem to be fully aware of through their emails with Andrew. It is quite evident to me through this thread alone that Andrew's intent was to commercially market this effect, something that Ustaad it seems had no intention of doing.

This unfortunate circumstance has happened to me in the past and let me tell you this. When you have a piece of work that you are passionate about get taken from under your feet it is sickening!!!

I for one will not be supporting Precision Magic's version of this effect and I urge others to do the same. I believe that you will be missing out on a wealth of knowledge if you don't purchase Andrew's version.

Just my thoughts

MJ
Hi This is an Important announcement for those that are Pre Ordering Energy Bill
from me....
Included with the first 100 signed copies I am including an extremely valuable bonus manuscript of one of the most powerful effect I have created.

For those that receive it, I don't have to tell you to keep it for yourself I know you will... its that good.

*I have gained amazing press from this one effect.
*I have performed this with someone half way around the world (a Russion reserch scientist on a government ship)
* You will not believe how impossible this effect is when you read it
* You will not believe how strong this effect is until you try it.

This effect will be released, in 2009, in limited quantity. There will be no description or demo of this effect.

I am doing this to let you know I genuinely appreciate your support.

Despite all this nonsense, this is the best X-mas ever for me and my family...and here is why. ..My Mother in law has had Cancer for 2 years now, and 6 months of treatment.
Today, her result show she is cancer free, and will be around for a while, a long while.

Thanks again,
Andrew Gerard
You've driven Gerard to insanity. I know the effect he is talking about and I thought he was going to put it out separately and at a high price.

I can't wait until the lucky few get it... then I can start seeing the ads for this new remote viewing effect that they "created" many years before.

Greg
Again, Thanks to Sean, Matt, Greg,Tony & Tony,ipe, and even Krazy jay...

I am overwhelmed by the messages from you guys that have been through similar experiences in life. It really puts things into perspective doesn't it !

There is a chance I may be sending out your pre orders early, appearently If I bribe the guy doing my pre order dvd's He may have them on MONDAY.

I will find out tomorrow evening and if so, X-Mas may come early.

truly,
AG

PS :Please don't harrass Greg Arce to find out the effect only known as "X".

If Anyone still want to pre order Energy Bill from me please email me at Andrewsmagic@telus.net to do so. You will recieve the "X" effect as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pR9InHYU0l8 Video Clip
Andrew Gerard is one of the great creative minds of out time. His integrity is as great as his talent.

Andrew, congratulations on YOUR release and the blessed news about your Mother-In-Law!
Gerard is not only a good friend but also one of the great minds of our art. Energy Bill will be one of the greatest effects of 2009. Don't miss it. Support creators!
Thanks for sharing this with the community Andrew!
Those of you that get this will be mighty happy campers...and you can take that to the bank!

Nathan
Money talks, "other stuff" walks.

As previously mentioned, this is one of those rare moments where I purchase something without waiting for reviews or anything like that. THAT is the confidence I have in AG's work.

My order is in. No reverse engineering, guessing how it's done, coming up with "my own" version after watching his demo.

Might I recommend the same to some of you?
Can David Mann and his posse be banned already for having ripped off via what appears to be theft, selling 1/2 finished goods, and other nefarious activities from the MC, and that anyone with integrety never buy from the guy again?

Go AG go! You rock!!!!

My Shroedinger's cat took out the Omega reel and stuck some pins in it... wonder if that will do anything...
Forty bucks seemed like a lot, then someone mentioned you're set with this thing for life. Any borrowed bill, anywhere, anytime. Perfect for when someone wants to see a trick.
Cant believe they thought this would be a good idea! The 2002 comment on the ad made me lol.
I find the warning on the side of the ad page, "Imitators Beware" rather amusing, considering the source...

I do not question that Ustaad figured out his method of doing this effect, but I do recognize that it was not ever mentioned until after Andrew posted his video. It is part of this thread.

What angers me is the actions of David Mann, knowing that Andrew was releasing this, and stating he would not release his version until after he looked at Andrew’s DVD to verify the methods were/were not the same, he released his product (the day after he stated he would not release it).

If the Mann lies about his own actions, how can one take the Mann’s word on anything? And why would anyone trust such a person with their money?

Tony Iacoviello
I don't trust Dave Mann or Precision Magic near as far as I can throw their crappy rip-off's across the room.

He has a history of stealing, lying and tearing ad copy. Everyone remember the Don Theo 'Teardrop' ordeal? Thought so.

If it were up to me that guy would be removed. He poses a real danger to the craft and to legitimate creators such as Andrew, Don Theo, Matthew Mellow and tons of others.

Look at his track record and then decide for yourself. For me, this is no type of person I want to associate with or buy products from and I can't (won't/don't) even recognize him or his employee's as magicians.

He should be ashamed (but won't be, he only wants to lie, steal and make a buck in the process) and banned immediately - my opinion.

-Jerome Finley

Posted: Dec 20, 2008 12:27am
Ustaad is in the wrong, plain and simple. Where I once considered him a gentlemen I have to withdraw that opinion knowing he would deal with Precision Magic and rush to market a knock-off effect (the ad copy is also practically the same, no blowing, no static, no IT, etc), undercutting a respected member of our community and doing all this knowing Gerard's ORIGINAL ENERGY BILL was set to appear within a matter of weeks.

It shows no class, ethic, business sense, moral accountability, integrity, self control or respect for the art.

SHAME ON YOU BOTH!

I learned 'Energy Bill' from Andrew in person and was impressed with all the work and subtleties that went in to it. You're not going to get these with anything but the ORIGINAL.

Support Gerard and honest creators. Perform 'Energy Bill!'

I do.

-JF
Great words from a great man.

Thanks guys,

Its good to be amongst friends.

AG
Andrew, we're all behind you!
No contest. I've ordered AG's '"Energy Bill".
Gerard is just a great thinker - one of the top guys out there. Those who have tried his effects like Psyche will know exactly what I mean. Wait until you see his various contributions to True Astonishments.

With Energy Bill you will get way way more than the method. Gerard really understands how to make magic REAL to people and he imparts that. He gets that from experience and deep thinking not from just figuring out a method of someone else's work.

Tim
When this topic commenced I did not know what the exact effect was, barring those who had seen or already knew about the effect. The exact nature of the effect was only known once Gerard put up the demo video.

I usually post my comment(s) (good or not so good) for such effects. But in this case, you would have noticed that I have not commented on Gerard's effect. The reason being, I have already come up with a similar looking effect a long time ago. I could have easily said that this has already been achieved but refrained form doing so.

As for the PM communication with Gerard, I did not initiate a dialogue with Gerard. In fact Gerard sent me a worried PM. Unlike Gerard, I will refrain from putting up our private communications here, at least for now. Gerard asked me whether I came up with this effect after viewing the demo video and my answer was a simple 'No'.

Form Gerard’s PM it was quite evident that Gerard himself couldn't believe that such an effect was possible to create stating that the video looked edited and was fast forwarded. He also made a similar comment on my videos here in this very thread. This clearly proves that Gerard even after putting in almost 8 years into the effect could not achieve what I had. Gerard’s demo video says it all.

I put up my version of the effect to show that the effect goes much beyond ones imagination. The two videos you saw were the simplest of all the effects that can be done with my method. There are three more complex effects that I have kept to myself. A demo video of the three complex effects will hopefully follow. I can assure you that one can not come up with such effects in a day by simply watching someone’s demo video. Such effects take time to conceive & perfect. Till date I have no idea as to Gerard's method. Nether have I asked Gerard nor has he told me. Also I put together a PDF in a couple of hours explaining my method in detail and forwarded to my close friends. By going thru the PDF one can tell that such a PDF can only be written if somebody has done a thorough research on the subject and to do such research it takes time, lot of time and I am sure Gerard will agree with me on this.

So far the similarity of the effect has only been seen but no one knows whether the two methodologies are also the same or not.

As for the commercial aspect of the effect, I did tell Gerard that I have no commercial interest in the effect. Many people asked me thru e-mail & PM whether I will be selling my effect and my answer was a clear No. I like to share what I create and not to commercialize. In this case when I referred the link to Mr. David Mann, he wanted to commercialize the effect since, in his opinion, the effect had great potential and he asked me the financial aspects. I told him I was not interested in any financial gains and that the effect was his for free. I also apprised Mr. Mann the limitations of this effect. I will deal with the limitations in a subsequent Para. From here on over to Mr. Mann . . .

On to the limitations of my effect - major limitations in point form only:-

1. It is fully dependent on the surrounding atmospheric conditions.

2. It is dependent on the physical condition of the bill being used.

3. You need to be careful, very careful with that little something that makes magic happens. No matter how good the condition of the bill may be, one should not make use of a bill that has been in circulation. If you have to use my method please ensure that the bills you use are absolutely in mint condition. If you happen to use in circulation bills, the chances of getting some kind of disease is very high. I would also say that you can't be sure with fresh bills from the mint as well. Please take this as a STRONG WARNING from somebody who really knows what the effect is.

The idea was conceived in 1998 and here is the extract from our magic club newsletter of 17 Sep 98. Though the news item is of just 3 lines but it convey the gist.

“Narendra has done it once again! This time, Narendra demonstrated a self folding paper effect using moisture. Members were floored to see this amazing effect. Narendra continues to teach us how to think and make use of simple known science principles and convert them into mind blowing magic.”

For those it may matter.

What a valient thing to let a company release an effect you "created years ago" for free. But not only does it seem to be a blatent ripoff but there are restrictions...so really it's not any borrowed bill because who carries around completely crisp bills in the perfect humidity?
Urgh..this is so pathetic that the method is revealed multiple times in this thread. as a creator I feel the pinch. And some of you wonder why demo video's are edited.
Not to mention the fact that the website says 2002...and he stated 1998. I believe that both these guys created their own versions...across the seas from each other.

The problem is Mr. Mann...as soon as AG's video went up, shortly thereafter Ustaad's went up...and Dave got the thirst...

The only respectable thing to do is give Ustaad his creation back & let it rest with the few that he shared it with...

This situation is like this...Let's say a famous magician has a tv special, puts a commercial on tv...another guy sees the commercial, takes all his money and buys the exact same illusions & then tapes his own show with the same stuff and puts it on a competing network...

Someone is going to look foolish...guess who?

Nathan
[quote]
On 2008-12-19 16:28, A.G. wrote:
Hi This is an Important announcement for those that are Pre Ordering Energy Bill
from me....
Included with the first 100 signed copies I am including an extremely valuable bonus manuscript of one of the most powerful effect I have created.

For those that receive it, I don't have to tell you to keep it for yourself I know you will... its that good.

*I have gained amazing press from this one effect.
*I have performed this with someone half way around the world (a Russion reserch scientist on a government ship)
* You will not believe how impossible this effect is when you read it
* You will not believe how strong this effect is until you try it.

This effect will be released, in 2009, in limited quantity. There will be no description or demo of this effect.

I am doing this to let you know I genuinely appreciate your support.[/quote]

Andrew, what wonderful news! I can just say THANKS. :)
Hi gang,

Thank you to everyone above for all your amazing support, I slept well last night .

Tim Trono has seen allot of magic.. good and Bad... his coming on here to say what he did means allot to me, as this is his buisness I am glad too see him take a stand against creeps like this. Thanks Tim.

Just a note I forgot to mention...
You can perform Energy bill with any borrowed bill.... your spectator can just hand you any bill from their wallet !
that's RIGHT! They do not need to get it directly from a mint and handle it carefully until they lend it to you !

OH ALSO.. NO risk of getting sick!

that's right.. no worries at all in ANY kind of way.

No wondering that after you perform it your going to die...

You also do not have to worry about "atmospheric pressure" !

You can perform Energy Bill at a table in a restaurant, or a bar, or even on the roof of your car while your parked outside a- " rent by the hour atmospheric pressure chamber" that is being rented by magicians performing the knock off !

forgot to mention that,

again please email me at Andrewsmagic@telus.net to purchase on of the remaining 100 signed copies along with a free advance copy of "X" manuscript.

For those interested in only buying "X" it will be available mid January

Happy Holidays,

Andrew Gerard

This Knock off video HAS BEEN EDITED !!!!!!!!!!! If you watch it you can see the bill blurr and come back the serial numbers jump this is a transition that speeds up what really happend.....Trust me.

To see the REAL Demo of Energy Bill click here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pR9InHYU0l8
AG,

RE: your PS...I'm with ya buddy.

Nathan

PS you changed your comment...darnit....well, I agree with the part after your name.
Although I consider David Mann's practices scum-ladden, I have never thought that way of Ustaad. Mann has a long history of evil plundering and lying deeds it appears.

Ustaad, not so.

I believe Ustaad likely did create a similar method and again, this really I all due to David Mann's usual shtick. Ustaad has shared for free and with many in the community his ideas of magic and mystery.... so, lets just say Ustaad merely got a taste of dealing with Mann.

Ustaad - deal with TIm Trono from now on ;)!!! Or others who have demo'd time and time again their integrety (oh yeah - remember Tim's recent release and Mann tried to claim he invented something similar too with his key chain effect...man, think of almost any good effect and Mann will have a knockoff)...

Go AG go!
We, as mystery performers, talk of invisible compromise...does hepatitis count?

Nathan
Great Googamooga! I just watched A.G. demo of Energy Bill. Now I'm really looking forward to this.
[quote]
On 2008-12-20 11:03, A.G. wrote:

This Knock off video HAS BEEN EDITED !!!!!!!!!!! If you watch it you can see the bill blurr and come back the serial numbers jump this is a transition that speeds up what really happend.....Trust me.
[/quote]

It was very obvious to me, after working with the ORIGINAL 'Energy Bill', that the demo video for the knock off WAS edited.

The speed, movements and tell-tell blur were all things I noticed.

Ustaad,
Why release an effect mirroring Gerard's for FREE (?), much less to a person like Dave Mann? Gerard's method or not, you continue to hurt magic (both his and yours) by posting methods in an open thread and forum. You seem to think this is okay. (???)

Your actions have hurt another creator and undermined his best efforts. Commercial interest or not, it became a commercial interest when you gave Mann the permission to use your effect.

Bruce,
I remember the Precision Magic rip-off attempt for 'Branded' as well. The track record for this company and the owners atrocious behavior/business 'ethic' (or lack thereof) is well known and documented. I could write a 150+ page essay citing all his transgressions and blatant attempts to steal, lie and manipulate others. That Ustaad would deal with such a person speaks volumes.

-J
AG,

I've sent my money for the pre-order of 'Energy Bill'

Is the 'X' manuscript shipping with the DVD or is it being sent via email as a PDF?

Happy holidays,
Chris
Well J, it is true I have no explanation for why anyone would deal with Mann after this time - especially anyone who frequents the Café regularly... so ya got me there.

OK back to AG's product! The demo looks FANTASTIC!!!!
It certainly does!

Wait until you see this thing in action - it's wonderful. I've been using it regularly with great success; it seems the perfect piece of impromptu PK at work! Again, I feel this ranks up there with PK Time and Touches in terms of POWERFUL, real looking, impromptu PK.

Go Gerard!
I have put in my order and the more I read the comments here the more excited it get about this effect. Must wait ..........and be patient.
I want to hear from Dmann, should be stunning.
He wouldn't dare show his face or post here. If I was him and caught out like this, I surely wouldn't. He's not a man of his word or an honest person.

He always welcomes new members first and foremost to try and cement his image of being a 'good guy' and pulling newcomers to the Café towards Precision Magic to gain support and customers.

He rarely posts in product threads anymore because he catches so much heat, and rightfully so.
*******************Update for pre-order purchasers of Energy Bill***********

Yes everyone who orders by Monday will in-fact receive "X".

I have made an effort to get these special advance pre-order copies + free X Manuscript out buy Dec 25...... Unfortunately X-Mas will come EARLY this year !!

Everyone who has purchased one and those that WILL purchase one from me by Sunday evening...... YOUR ORDERS WILL BE SHIPED TO YOU ON MONDAY.

I always try to underpromise and over deliver, and I hope this shows those that have supported me, how much I appreciate you.

Jerome, I have been sent Sean Waters books, and man I can see what you mean about combining Energy Bill with one of his routines, powerful.

If you have not read Mr. Waters work, treat yourself, he is a brilliant writer and an amazing thinker.

Lets try to not give that dirt bag Mr Mann any more attention.
If anyone wishes to purchase Energy Bill and free "X" manuscript email me at Andrewsmagic@telus.net

Merry -----X-------- Mas

Gerard
Yes, let's keep this thread positive and on Andrew Gerard's breathtaking effect: Energy Bill

A.G. Rocks!
Here is the letter I sent to A.G.
Dear Sir,
Well the scumbag is here to defend himself. I gave my word to you that we would not release our effect until I had viewed and understood your effect. If the method is the same I would have simply dropped the effect. I still intend to do just that and wanted to thank you for being so helpful. I did ask your method directly and you did not tell me a direct answer. With that said I put up Narendra's version but it is not for sale and has not been sold to one person. If your methods the same we will bow out.
David Mann
[quote]
On 2008-12-19 14:50, Tony Iacoviello wrote:

Any ethical manufacturer would have honored his own words and not attempted to go to market and undercut another who had made the announcement and demonstrated the effect. It appears that not only had David Mann gone back on his word of not putting out "knock off" but is attempting to undercut Andrew on price and take advantage of the interest that Andrew created with his creation and work.

[/quote]

David, You have done exactly that (see quote above), and this is not the first time you have ripped off people here. You, by your own words and actions, have shown yourself as a person with no ethics and a person whose words cannot be trusted. Please don't speak anymore. The BS-Meter has already peaked.

If you were holding off, it would not be advertised for sale on your website.

Tony Iacoviello
Tony,
Thanks for your blunt kindness. On the page that it is being advertised, the tile is News! And the first sentence is... Below are Products that we are working on. There is no button to purchase and until that magically materializes, then it’s not up for sale.
Absolutely correct, right above your effect "VIBE" where a bill is held by a spectator, like a see-saw on his finger, you wave a phone over it and a "card" falls. ???

BTW: As been pointed out here, your ad copy is wrong. Nerenda contradicts your dates, and the method he described in this thread as being "his" has already been published, well before his "discovery."

Back on topic:
This whole thing smells like Cry Baby all over again! One person creates an interest, and the rip-off artists jump on to profiteer.

Tony Iacoviello
Please don't't waste your breath...

Its just SAD now isn't it.

Thanks for all the orders thus far guys.

If you want to order from me, again, the first batch of 100 advance signed copies of Energy Bill along with "X" manuscript

Will be sent out on Monday, so depending where you are, allow at least 5 days for delivery.

take care,

Andrew Gerard

hey scumbag,
Karma is a !@#$%,count on it.
For those who don't know, "Cry Baby" was Precison's imitation of Don Theo's Teardrop.

Zebra's don't change their strips, leopard’s don't change their spots, and David Mann does not change his ways.

Andrew, I vote with my cash!

Tony
Tony,
I only put the date the Narendra gave to me, if that’s incorrect it could be changed. Also, if you’re right about that date, then it would appear that Narendra Version would predate Mr. Gerard’s effect. The idea was conceived in 1998 and here is the extract from our magic club newsletter of 17 Sep 98. Though the news item is of just 3 lines but it convey the gist. “Narendra has done it once again! This time, Narendra demonstrated a self folding paper effect using moisture. Members were floored to see this amazing effect. Narendra continues to teach us how to think and make use of simple known science principles and convert them into mind blowing magic.”

With that said... Cry Baby is not a knockoff of any effect on the Market; you may need to get your facts correct, since Crybaby is not a technique but an actual Product. For your information, I am not a rip-off artist just the same as you’re not a real psychic. Didn't hear me complain when "REAL" Rip-off artist like Magic Makers ripped off my Product that was made to my specifications.

Mr. Gerard, you might want to watch your language as the moderators don't take kindly to personal slurs and attacks along with questionable verbiage. I would hate to see your topic locked down.

Merry Christmas,
Yeah, Crybaby was not a ripoff of Teardrop...he just stole Don's ad copy...WORD FOR WORD. Of course, Dave apologized...we all feel regret when we get caught...don't we.

Nathan
David

Learn to read!

The Narendra Version is right out of Invocation! yes, he says in 1998 his club newsletter commented on it. By that time, it was already old and moved from the magizine it was published in (10 years earlier) to a hardcopy book (one that Richard Kaufman republished again last year, hint...)

I said: ""Cry Baby" was Precison's imitation of Don Theo's Teardrop." Rip-off was not used in that context. You tried to capitalize on the interest he created by using another "acting trick" and packaging it as your "invention". Plus you stole Don's ad copy. PALEEZE!!!!

Once again, the meter is pegged.
This thread is not about this crook.

Go post on your own thread, oh yeah, its been moved to the "ethics" section,, oh yeah, and its LOCKED. Your right Moderators don't like rip off artists stealing from members and trying to resell to members. Guess what, these are good people.... crawl back into your hole.

I was amazed at how many emails I recieved from people telling me horror stories about this guy and his shady ways,,,

Gerard
You're right, back to the real product...
[quote]
On 2008-12-20 17:17, Christopher Kavanagh wrote:
Yes, let's keep this thread positive and on Andrew Gerard's breathtaking effect: Energy Bill

[/quote]

Thanks Christopher, good idea.

Andrew Gerard
Andrew - Best wishes this holiday season. As you can see, you have a lot of supporters here. Can't wait to play with Energy Bill. Thanks for shipping it early.

Happy Holidays. - Scott Grossberg
I can't wait to get my OFFICIAL copy of Energy Bill!

Nathan
Not so fast fellows.

Nathan,
Thanks for your astute observation. Yes, I said that I made a mistake and promptly fixed the situation and asked for forgiveness. I will thank you, but god will be my judge. Appears you have a chip on your shoulder?

Tony,
“The Narendra Version is right out of Invocation! yes, he says in 1998 his club newsletter commented on it. By that time, it was already old and moved from the magizine it was published in (10 years earlier) to a hardcopy book (one that Richard Kaufman republished again last year, hint...)”

Sounds to me like, neither of these products are original , and based on your quote, it seems you would have told all your buddies here, about this earlier when you endorsed a product?

Also, you stated…""Cry Baby" was Precison's imitation of Don Theo's Teardrop." Rip-off was not used in that context. You tried to capitalize on the interest he created by using another "acting trick" and packaging it as your "invention". Plus you stole Don's ad copy. PALEEZE!!!!

Well, I addressed the ad copy already but as to your latest ignorance about Repackaging and Reinventing? You may want to take a look around its called competition and innovation.

Andrew,
You said; “Go post on your own thread, oh yeah, its been moved to the "ethics" section,, oh yeah, and its LOCKED. Your right Moderators don't like rip off artists stealing from members and trying to resell to members. Guess what, these are good people.... crawl back into your hole. “

If you keep referring to me in the manner that you’re doing, I will report this topic and you to the moderators and we will see what we will see then eh? You must be rattled and not thinking clearly, maybe a few aspirins are in order? I am not here to be little people as some appear to be. I am here, and entitled to post and participate, as long as the rules are obeyed. I said earlier… I will be dropping the product immediately in light of your information.

Finally, I wish you luck with your product and btw you can keep the DVD!

PK Bills by Narendra has been removed from Precision Magic.
Thanks Scott I have your s shipping out monday !
Nathan yours is also on the list.

and for anyone else that wishes to order one of the 100 signed/advance copies along with "X" the manuscript for free just email me ..once again that's Andrewsmagic@telus.net
and here is the video link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pR9InHYU0l8

Happy Holidays everyone !

PS: Is it just me or is Horatio from CSI miami the best charachter on TV LOL
[quote]
On 2008-12-20 21:01, Dmann wrote:
Not so fast fellows.

Tony,
“The Narendra Version is right out of Invocation! yes, he says in 1998 his club newsletter commented on it. By that time, it was already old and moved from the magizine it was published in (10 years earlier) to a hardcopy book (one that Richard Kaufman republished again last year, hint...)”

Sounds to me like, neither of these products are original , and based on your quote, it seems you would have told all your buddies here, about this earlier when you endorsed a product?
[/quote]

You are making an assumption on methodology and technique. Andrew's comments here indicate that his is different.

[quote]
Also, you stated…""Cry Baby" was Precison's imitation of Don Theo's Teardrop." Rip-off was not used in that context. You tried to capitalize on the interest he created by using another "acting trick" and packaging it as your "invention". Plus you stole Don's ad copy. PALEEZE!!!!

Well, I addressed the ad copy already but as to your latest ignorance about Repackaging and Reinventing? You may want to take a look around its called competition and innovation.
[/quote]

No, ignorance is in thinking past history will not catch up with you. What it indicates is being an oportunistic, plagerizing ******* (I used "*"s because I cannot say what I want to say). The meter is pinging.

[quote]
[/quote]

Thank you for living up to your word.

Happy Festivus.
[quote]
On 2008-12-20 21:08, A.G. wrote:
[/quote]

Andrew, I think it is just you. ;)
I thought so.....LOL.

but man can he deliver a line !

best,
Gerard
[quote]
On 2008-12-20 20:42, A.G. wrote:
[quote]
On 2008-12-20 17:17, Christopher Kavanagh wrote:

[/quote]

Thanks Christopher, good idea.

Andrew Gerard
[/quote]

Andrew, it was only a good idea until a certain 'person' started posting.

Fortunately we have good souls like Tony Iacoviello to stand up for truth and justice!
I had a chip...until I ate it....

Nathan
[quote]
On 2008-12-20 21:25, Christopher Kavanagh wrote:

Andrew, it was only a good idea until a certain 'person' started posting.

Fortunately we have good souls like Tony Iacoviello to stand up for truth and justice!
[/quote]

You left out, "and the American way" ;)

As a side note, I don't know Andrew, but I do respect his work. Well, some of it. Not to fond of the A&E stuff, but no one is perfect. ;)
I've just finished reading Illuminati from Sean Water's "Contemplations" - a work so well written and thoughtful that I immediately bought his "Ponderings."
I believe it was Jerome who said he used Illuminati in combination with Energy Bill. After seeing the A.G.'s demo, I have to believe that this is a closer. I just don't see how you can top it.
I'm seriously excited about this, A.G. Thanks for releasing it.
[quote]
On 2008-12-20 21:30, Tony Iacoviello wrote:

You left out, "and the American way" ;)

[/quote]

Tony, If I included it, folks would keep looking for your red cape showing;-)
Hi Dan, You got it.
Everyone should be reading Contemplations. if you don't have it, get it.

Tony, I am honoured you like ,almost, all of my work..I no longer work for A&E, I quit.
I did enjoy working with David Blaine this past year, he is an amazing artist.

Currently I am working with Keith Barry, he has been working his butt off and I know everyone will be impressed with this guy in 2009 !

I did also do an interview for my dear friend Paul Harris True Astonishment project, along with 3 effects from me. One of my closest friends, Bro Gilbert , has worked on this project day and night with Paul here in Vancouver... Bro is one of the best magicians I know, and even more of an amazing person. You will here more of him soon I am sure.

I wish all of you the best this X-Mas enjoy time with Family, they are the real magic.

Andrew Gerard
[quote]
On 2008-12-20 20:23, Dmann wrote:
Mr. Gerard, you might want to watch your language as the moderators don't take kindly to personal slurs and attacks along with questionable verbiage. I would hate to see your topic locked down.

Merry Christmas,
[/quote]

Hmmm... all he posted was Scumbag Karma etc.... he didn't mention your name David - or are you saying that is your name?

Actually, the best thing the mods can do is go through this thread and give it an enema i.e. erase all the posts that have anything connected to Precision Magic and David Mann and leave the rest for discussing this effect.
[quote]
On 2008-12-20 20:32, Nathan Pain wrote:
Yeah, Crybaby was not a ripoff of Teardrop...he just stole Don's ad copy...WORD FOR WORD. Of course, Dave apologized...we all feel regret when we get caught...don't we.

Nathan
[/quote]

I don't recall him expressin any regret - just admission of guilt for a change. Besides, I'm sure he can explain that the words used in the copy were all words in the dictionary and other sources and are therefore free use - and that the exact ordr of those words were likely based on something else or other... yeahhhh!
[quote]
On 2008-12-20 20:33, Tony Iacoviello wrote:
David

Learn to read!

[/quote]

Why? He knows how to cut and paste and that seems to do pretty good by him for making ad copy
Yeah Doc,

I guess you are right...

Nathan
[quote]
On 2008-12-20 21:01, Dmann wrote:
Not so fast fellows.
[/quote]

You really don't know when to withdraw - please go away. You'll be doing yourself a favour.

[quote]
Nathan,
I will thank you, but god will be my judge. Appears you have a chip on your shoulder?
[/quote]

Which god? Seth? Loki?

[quote]
Tony,

You may want to take a look around its called competition and innovation.
[/quote]

Hey, I am going to release "Dancing Cane done a smidge better than David Mann" and sell it at $5 less than David's DVD.... heck... hm.... Tarbaby... and we can all start up Circumcision magick - the slash price magic knockoff! Magic wallets made from foreskins that when you rub them turn into attache cases!!! (OK, I couldn't resist)

[quote]
Andrew,
If you keep referring to me in the manner that you’re doing, I will report this topic and you to the moderators and we will see what we will see then eh?
[/quote]

Hey brainiac, I am sure they already know - a topic like this is great sport! You don't think this hasn't been reported already???? Sheesh, for someone quick at the draw...oh yeah - wait... you can only do things after someone else has. Ok - you can now report the thread since it has already been done! Just try not to post the same words exactly... change a couple of "that" to "when" or something for fun.

[quote]
Finally, I wish you luck with your product and btw you can keep the DVD!
[/quote]

What sort of luck?

go AG go!!!!

AG, make sure the DVD doesn't have a microcamera / bug attached :P

[quote]
[/quote]

What is left being sold by Precision magic that is original to them? But please post on a new thread.

Oh, and as a fellow Café member used to end his posts... I shall do the same...

"But of course, I kid"

David is a swell guy - I'd give him the shirt off my back... wait a second... someone ripped it off aleady... whose that guy running down the alley with a hat emblazened 'Scumbag'...? Beats me. Of coure, I KIDDDDDD
[quote]
On 2008-12-20 21:08, A.G. wrote:
Thanks Scott I have your s shipping out monday !
Nathan yours is also on the list.

and for anyone else that wishes to order one of the 100 signed/advance copies along with "X" the manuscript for free just email me ..once again that's Andrewsmagic@telus.net
and here is the video link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pR9InHYU0l8

Happy Holidays everyone !

[/quote]

CSI rules AG and you are correct and I agree.

Living the Dream.

Candin

PS: First reviews imminent!
Is it just me that thinks this effect, although V Good, is overpriced for what you get?
That's a good question, I don't think anyone here can really say if this is, nor answer your question, since nobody has recieved it yet.... including yourself.

If you can, place the value only how the effects looks.
The fact this is impromptu, so there is no quality of gimmicks etc to place value on.

I think if there was a gimmick that could do this it may sell for much more, despite the fact you may be dirty... its interesting really

I think I would pay much more for any effect that is gimmickless and impromtu !

This effect does not look like a magic trick, but rather a display of genuine energy, so the wow factor is deep and people believe its real... maybe that has some value, who knows?

I guess I am very biased and can only try to offer my thoughts and opinions as to "what is over priced?"

If your working and being paid this is very cheap I think.
If you are just curious as to learning a cool new trick, then this may not be one for you.

The best advice is to to see if its something that you cold see yourself performing...
Then, ask yourself how much have you spent on magic your don't perform.

The biggest compliment a creator of effects can get is
"I use your effect every day" that's why we let these things go.. so you will have the freedom to something impromtu, with no gimmicks, high spectator involvement, and high emotional impact, all with a borrowed item.

Sorry I can't be much more help,

all the best
Andrew Gerard

I was informed today that my effects are very popular in the file sharing sites!lol
So maybe that says something!
Narendra [USTAAD} sent me his pdf on his pk bill effect. I believe he created this method years ago.

Obviously it's not a ripoff, he does not know Gerard's method.

I can tell you that Narendra's pk bill method allows you to use a borrowed bill and it will visibly move very quick and then move back. Much quicker than Gerard's demo. If the bill is placed flat on the table, one end will rise up and curl over, then curl back to it's original position.

I have been using this all week and it is very spooky looking.

I hope everyone will stop saying Narendra is ripping off Gerard. Narendra does not even know Gerard's method. Neither do I. I am sure, like all his products [except Falling for you and ice to water] Gerard's DVD will have great ideas and tips form a master mentalist.

However, Narendra is VERY clever, he's just not about the hype. Yes, 11 pages in the Café without any banner ad is what I call "SuperHype".

This could actually all be solved by just releasing the DVD first and then getting reviews on it. When you don't even have a product how can you call someone a ripoff?

James
I agree, Ustaad is a Gentleman, and would never stoop so low as to rip anyone off, and I also agree that his effect looks far, far better. I really hope he decides to release his effect too, just not through precision magic.
Okay Mr. Gerard, you are now scaring me. I placed my order for your beautiful effect before reading most of the thread. I go back and read the pages I missed while watching CSI Miami in the background and thinking cool episode. Then you leave on your post about Horatio from the show...uhmmmcan I place my pre-order for that effect...too weird.
Hi James, I have sent a message requesting banner info back at page 4 of this thread.

If you read you will se there is a product in question here, its a dvd that is shipping out on mon for those that ordered through me.

Anyone wanting to pre-order Energy Bill can do so by emailing me.

best ,
Gerard
Hi Friends,

With Precision Magic pulling off the effect, I think its time to put an end to this controversy.

For what has happened, I blame nobody for the outburst. Such reactions were expected and rightly so. At this stage anybody who needs to be blamed is me & nobody else. It was a mistake on my part and I feel sorry for the same.

I will request all my good friends not to peruse this matter any further in anybody’s favor and for any good reason. I can see & appreciate that Gerard is no longer perusing the matter. And so would I request the others.

Thank you.

Ustaad if your effect poves different from that of andrew will it somehow be made available to the community?
Andrew,
I am sorry. I forgot about your banner request. I just mean that if the DVD was already out and then people reviewed it, it would be a bit easier for us all.

I know your DVD will be killer, your coin bend is awesome and it is so siple. It's all the details that make a great effect eh?

James

[quote]
On 2008-12-21 02:34, A.G. wrote:
Hi James, I have sent a message requesting banner info back at page 4 of this thread.

If you read you will se there is a product in question here, its a dvd that is shipping out on mon for those that ordered through me.

Anyone wanting to pre-order Energy Bill can do so by emailing me.

best ,
Gerard
[/quote]
Ustaad has said his peace, I thank you for that, it takes a man to do that.
I suspect That Ustaad got mixed up with a "rat" and perhaps had no idea of this...
I have to give him the benifit of the doubt here, as it seems Others have felt this way also.

James, Thank you for the support in my work, I am glad you ebjoy Psyche, Energy Bill is at the same level, in some way, maybe better... but still the same price.

It is the details that make anything really strong.

In the case of Energy Bill there is more, alott more to the method than you can imagine. Its all explained, in detail, on the dvd.

I have personally taught this to Paul Harris, Jerome Finley, Greg Arce, Matt Mello,Christopher Taylor, Bro Gilbert, and Tony Chris.... All of these guy still want to watch the dvd for the details, nothing more.

Lets finish this thread off with some positive Energy now !

all the best to all today,
Andrew Gerard
I love all of you! Lets be friends!
I agree, lets all have a Cyber Group Hug. I just hope the DVD is released in the UK sometime in the near future.

:xmastree: :bigsmile:
Kumbaya!
Hallelujah..
Can I get a "hell yeah?!"
LOL
Message: Posted by: Lord Of The Horses (Dec 21, 2008 02:45PM)
I have waited up to now before adding my two cents.

I feel now is the time.

First, I understand why Andrew would have preferred no one here openly mentioned the possible methods, and I don't condone people trying to fish for HIS effect.

But, in general terms however, much of the methods proposed were about OTHER videos posted by some of you, and 90% of those videos had some asian guys performing some PK with bills.

At the time, if I have not skipped some post, Andrew's video teaser was long to be made (and it was not posted yet) so those speculations - even if wrong in THIS thread about ANOTHER CREATOR'S EFFECT - were about THOSE videos.

Plus, as Tony Iacoviello wrote somewhere above - the proposed method was originally published in Invocation (so the fact that Andrew or Narendra were unaware of the feat, does not make them the first to come up with it).

Also - if I'm not reading between the lines - Andrew has hinted more than once in his answers that his method is NOT the one posted here by some other poster (and especially in answer to PsiDroid).

Now if that is true, Narendra method is different from Andrew's (and more similar to the one in Invocation) and if that is NOT true, then I wish Andrew has added some fine points and subtleties to his effect to make the thing more mysterious.

I believe Narendra and Andrew came up with their method independently (even if they were using the same method, despite what some people here may think) and I have always seen Narendra as an ethical person here, always happy to help and contribute.

And I am also interested in Narendra's method (especially because it may be different from Andrew's - And once again I'm not the one who hinted this! Others were!)

So, the only wrong thing - in my agenda - is to have ridden the "wave" of Andrew's pre-hype to introduce THEIR product in the market. BUT I see now things were straightened between parties.
Edit
Glad that's all settled then, and thanks for your support guys.

happy holidays,

Andrew Gerard
[quote]
On 2008-12-21 15:42, A.G. wrote:
Can I get a "hell yeah?!"
LOL
[/quote]

How about: Yeah! Hell!!

Greg
Hey AG,

Where are you shipping them from? If I got mine by Friday, it would still be a VERY merry Xmas.

Nathan
If you have order an advanced signed copy + free "X" Manuscript, they will be shipped out tomorrow morning, from Canada... ( cold here ) depending upon where you are, USA ,UK, Singapore, Austria etc...

There will be a special suprise for those who ordered as well, you will find our tomorrow afternoon.

Gerard
Thanks AG! You have a final running time for the dvd?

Nathan
That's a good qusetion ! lol
I think somewhere around 30 mins? maybe more. all the details are there for sure.

best,
Gerard
I was fortunate enough to watch the DVD for Energy Bill today (advance copy - it's heading to the replicator). WOW. This is brilliant and I am sure everyone will be using this. It looks and feels like real magic. The handling and presentational ideas behind this are what truly makes it. I'm not trying to give hype but just think... borrowed bill, no running off to the other room to prep this, no magnets, no chemicals, no threads, no wires, no static, no blowing .... I know when I read conditions like this it often translates to "how bad am I going to be disappointed?" You won't be here. TRY this and you'll be doing it all of the time. If you use Energy Bill and Andrew's Psyche they'll think they've seen the real thing.

Great job Andrew.

Tim
Lets hope all the little exposers don't rip this a new one once it comes out. I look forward to frying my students with it.

Best,

Paul h.
I said iill buy this one and will do but I found mr.ustaad version the absolute best in terms of visual appeal
[quote]
On 2008-12-22 00:15, Tim Trono wrote:
I was fortunate enough to watch the DVD for Energy Bill today (advance copy - it's heading to the replicator). WOW. This is brilliant and I am sure everyone will be using this. It looks and feels like real magic. The handling and presentational ideas behind this are what truly makes it. I'm not trying to give hype but just think... borrowed bill, no running off to the other room to prep this, no magnets, no chemicals, no threads, no wires, no static, no blowing .... I know when I read conditions like this it often translates to "how bad am I going to be disappointed?" You won't be here. TRY this and you'll be doing it all of the time. If you use Energy Bill and Andrew's Psyche they'll think they've seen the real thing.

Great job Andrew.

Tim
[/quote]

Thanks Tim,

As I have already stated previously, Tim Trono has seen more effects than anyone, and I am thrilled that Tim sees this looking real, as in "Psyche" my released coin bend.

Together these two effects may be enough to convince someone your real. LOL

Thanks to those that pre-ordered this The dvd's are on their way to you today !

oh yeah, Today ,a lil suprise is still to come for those that ordered....

best,
Gerard
I love surprises! Great Job G! You kept your word & got the dvd's shipped out...That alone speaks volumes to your character.

Nathan
[quote]
On 2008-12-22 10:17, PsiDroid wrote:
I said iill buy this one and will do but I found mr.ustaad version the absolute best in terms of visual appeal
[/quote]

Method may be different though PSI. Also, their are some restrictions with Ustaad version. I do agree, its stunning to watch, he did a fine job with that video.

Merry Christmas

Candin
[quote]
On 2008-12-22 11:53, Candin wrote:
[quote]
On 2008-12-22 10:17, PsiDroid wrote:
[/quote]
Also, their are some restrictions with Ustaad version.

Candin
[/quote]
candin if you are right about that then methods are different

because if both used the same method then some restrictions would apply to gerards effect,too
Before this gets back into a method fishing trip...We have all moved past this.

Read the previous pages and you will see that all parties involved have settled.

This is now the cut off for the free "X" manuscript, so please do not request one.

"X" wil be available in 2009 for purchase.

Those who pre-ordered I cannot thank you enough for all your emails of support and I really feel like I have made some good new friends, I was shocked at some of the horror stories MANY of you shared of your similar experiences.

If you wish to purchase The "Energy bill" you can check for it at your favorite dealers soon, these have been sent out for replication, as Tim Trono has mentioned.

Enjoy your Holidays,

best
Andrew Gerard
I've had a few effects that I've been using for the same situation as "X", most from really old sources. A lot of them have been "created" again by some people who do lots of radio work (not speaking of A.G., btw), so I've been on the look-out for stuff like this. I like it.

Thanks for sharing this, now don't share with anybody else.

As much as I am looking forward to the DVD arriving, I am having lots of ideas about X as well now. Also, great vid.

Lem
Hi Lem I see you have checked your email stocking ! LOL

Merry X Mas.

Gerard
Aww man, I knew I should have purchased an email stocking...all I got is a stinky red sock!

Can't wait for that package, AG! I was really hoping you were in Vegas when you shipped them...gets to me quicker that way :)

Nathan
Message: Posted by: Lord Of The Horses (Dec 22, 2008 02:12PM)
I take you could still X me sometimes by e-mail, Andrew! :)

Btw, Andrew was generous enough to offer me his DVD as a gift (but I don't think that's fair, so I will buy it!) :)
Hi Paolo, easy on the egg nogg man!

I sent you a merry X mas email.

You have been very helpful, thanks.

Gerard
RE: X

:)

Nathan
The best things in Life are 'simple' and free.I especially like the fact that 'X' can be presented long distance or close up.

Thank-you Andrew!

Merry 'X'Mas

Rich
Just checked my email and found X. I’m off to read it now but wanted to say thanks Andrew. It has been a pleasure doing business with you.

Merry Christmas everyone,

Ronnie
Message: Posted by: Lord Of The Horses (Dec 22, 2008 06:13PM)
Oh, let me add... X is so simply clever... ;)

Good thinking, Andrew. I like that.

Very much.
Hi Guys,

Nathan and Rich I am glad you are enjoying X ... its strong stuff!
Ronnie, I am glad to have done buisness with you.

Paolo, simply clever= that's me! lol well at least the simple part.;)

best Gerard
"X" is excellent. Thank you, Andrew.
Glad to also read that "Energy Bill" is in the mail. Unfortunately I'm in the middle of the worse weather Portland, Oregon has seen in years. The city and most of the surrounding area is one large iceberg.
One of the casualties is air service. Planes, including mail service, are sorta skipping our area for the moment. Can't blame them. The planes tend to ice up here and then are stranded.
I feel ya man, I am in CANADA!! Its snowed in here I think the mail is slow everywhere due to the holidays to begin with.

X-ellent !

AG
Snowy here too, guys! You can't escape...you can't run...you can't hide...

But the mail man better put his snow forks on cause I want my d@mn package!

Nathan
I hear you, Nathan, but I think the only thing I'll see in the mail between now and the New Year is bills.
But I'm not complaining. We've got people in the Portland Airport who've been trying to leave since Friday.
I keep my mail slot locked until I see something better than bills...

Nathan
My package went out. It's only raining here, so...I should have it soon. Friends back east are cursing me. I loved the snow when I lived back east, so I don't know why. In Rochester they tell me it's -5. That's pretty cold as that wind coming off Lake Ontario is brutal.
Received 'X' with thanks AG.. now I really can't wait for 'Energy Bill'

I'm in the UK so I guess I will have to wait until the New Year until it arrives (unless there is a Xmas miracle and it gets here by tomorrow!!)

Thanks again,
Chris
Thanks for the comments about "X" its strong stuff and I knew you would love it.

It is also one of those things you can really burn your fellow magicians with ( if your into that kind of thing)

Sun just came out, and I live on the beach so its covered in snow and looks amazing,
If you can picture that!

best
Andrew Gerard

Posted: Dec 23, 2008 8:44pm
Hello Gents,
It seems there are 7 people that requested a hold Energy Bill and "X" that did not pay.... perhaps to much X-mas shopping! lol

This means these last 7 copies are available.
first come first serve.

After these 7 are gone, "X" and Energy Bill DVD will only be available for purchase separately.

Pay pal $40.00 usd to pay pal account: Andrewsmagic@telus.net if you want to buy Energy Bill and free X manuscript. shipping is free in Canada and USA.

GO!
AG
I wondered about that...I thought you might be losing it, but good point nonetheless...

Nathan
I have just read "X"... it's very very simple, and you can astonish people long distance or close up! I am looking forward for the DVD.
Hi IPE, I am glad you,and everyone else have seen the strength of "X" its amazing how direct and simple effects can be, adna t the same timw, utterly baffling!

Only 3 copies left with Energy Bill dvd...... going..... going ......

best AG
PS its dumping down snow here in Vancouver ! never had a better excuse to lay on the couch and watch TV !!LOL
Finally melting here. I can see pavement again.
I'm lucky that I was able to snag one of the final copies that included "X" as a bonus. "X" is a very cool, and I've had a couple of opportunities to perform the "close-up" version a couple of times over the past couple of days. It received a great reaction, and I can only imagine how this will play over a great distance!

Now I really can't wait for my copy of the Energy Bill DVD to arrive. Good stuff!
Short sleeves all night last night here (outdoors) with AC on in car. Sigh, where is the snow?
It's Coming!!!!
Simon
Yep, Texas is having some bizarre warm weather today...but the important question is where are the early reviews for EB?
[quote]
On 2008-12-26 19:30, RooMan wrote:
Yep, Texas is having some bizarre warm weather today...but the important question is where are the early reviews for EB?
[/quote]

I have to wait for the mailman to finish before I get a peek. ;)
Andrew - Have finished watching the video. All I can say is "absolutely fantastic!" Thank you for this. All my best. - Scott
Howzabout some more in depth reviews?

(I ordered mine late in the game so it wouldn't have gone out with the initial batch. I'll have to live vicariously through the rest of ya!)
I have not received it yet, but the mailman did demo Fever for me today. I have the feeling, next week he will be causing bills to fold and bend...
A short review:

Gerard's DVD is refreshingly short and to the point (about 30 minutes in length for all the segments).

You will laugh out loud when you see how devilishly simple his thinking is and what a killer effect this will be in the right hands. Unfortunately, I can also see this being abused by those who don't take the time to study Gerard's presentation refinements and suggestions. As an analogy, think of how badly you've seen the Haunted Key butchered by inept performances and, yet, in skillful hands the same effect is a true miracle.

For those of you who think you've figured out the method from the previous posts, IMHO Gerard's handling, method, and development nuances are worth the price of the DVD, alone. Gerard's method takes this out of the "puzzle/curiosity" class and into a class all by itself. Pros will be using this and I doubt they have figured the complete methodology out, themselves.

The most amazing thing about this effect is how nearly self-working it happens to be. Gerard wanted an effect that allowed himself, as the performer, to suspend his own disbelief and put his full faith into the presentation. He has more than done that! You will, too, once you perform this they way Gerard suggests.

I don't think any more can be said without giving anything away. What you saw on the teaser trailer is what you get! This looks like the real thing (even to you).

This is one of those of effects that I was just thrilled with from the moment I watched the DVD. I can't give it higher ratings.

Enjoy. - Scott
Thanks! Now, I'm watching the mailbox for sure.
Does it need to be 100% paper bills? The bills in my country are paper but they have something more in them to make them last longer.
I pm'ed you.

AG
Hmmm. Not seeing any new posts. I take it the mailman was unkind. Mine too but I expected that. I received a number of packages today that I've been expecting for quite some time. I suspect the mail delivery at least in the US will remain spotty for awhile longer. I noticed long lines at the post office. Sigh.
Well today my mailman showed me Energy bill. I asked him where learned it. He said from here then proceeded to give me my open package. Just kidding I felt like being a smart ass.

Jeremy
Yep, no luck here, either...

Nathan
[quote]
On 2008-12-29 21:48, Krazyjay wrote:
Well today my mailman showed me Energy bill. I asked him where learned it. He said from here then proceeded to give me my open package. Just kidding I felt like being a smart ass.

Jeremy
[/quote]

I did not see the mailman today, nor did I receive a package. But all the bills that arrived were folded...
All my bills flew away. My $5 bills, my $10s, my $20s. . . Get it? Bills? Huh? Huh?
OK. I'll be quiet.
I revived mine today. I think I know why:

1) I'm a giant Gerard fan.
2) Gerard is Canadian
3) My Grandparents were Canadian
4) I believe in real magic

OK, enough of that.

The DVD did in fact arrive. There is a performance, a detailed explanation with performance tips and he talks about how he came about creating it.

The principle is simple, but the gold is in having a professional performer of Gerard's caliber sharing performance tips and his thinking.

This is done with a BORROWED bill. A.G. shows ho to get into it and how to SELL it.

GET THIS!
The DVD arrived yesterday. I was practicing immediately, I had to see this in action myself. By the time my wife made it home through HORRIFIC traffic in San Francisco, I had the basics (JUST the basics, there's lots in this DVD).

I tried a modification I had been thinking about and my wife said it looked great (which is rare praise after all she's seen, most pros don't get it and I VERY rarely do).

Great job, you guys will love this. Once I get my routine down to do it out of the house, I'll toss up a review.

Lem
Mine came yesterday as well. Gave it a quick watch last night after work and it looks good. Well explained with lots of tips.
Jealous? Yes....I am...today! Fingers crossed!

Nathan
How are you guys getting this delivered? USPS, or what?

Can't wait to receive,

Paul h.
USPS.

Your patience will be well rewarded...trust me...you'll see.

Rich
Sigh. Zip again.
Sigh...It arrived!! Yeah baby!!
Wow, mine just came. I haven't been able to play with it yet as my kids are needing Daddy time, but let me just say that this is a thing of beauty!!!! It looks like real magic! Definitely a must-buy of 2008. Thanks A.G.!
GD

Nathan
Hi Lads,
Thanks for those great responses. If you know me at all you know I always try to over deliver....This is a rare gem of an effect that can never be "busted" if you know what I mean... I am so glad you guys are enjoying Energy Bill.

best AG
PS
I have something coming that is by far the best thing to date...... hmmmmmmm.

Andrew Gerard
AG,

Stop it....Just stop it...OK...No....Don't.

Nathan
Another one for the list...
Great Googamooga!

What a spectacular year for mentalism this has been for me! I won't list all the first rate work produced. I just tried.

And now this truly exceptional piece from Andrew Gerard. No better way to end the year for me.

I'm leaving for several parties right now but I had to watch Energy Bill before leaving. How tempting to use Energy Bill immediately.

I do have it working.

I know how I want to present it.

Everyone will be drunk.

Will I resist? Hmmm. Doubt it.

Happy New Year!
Thanks Dan,
be safe, and careful.... please.

Energy Bill is strong stuff! LOL

Happy new year,
Andrew Gerard
I got skunked again today...now I wait for Friday...boooooo mailman, boo.

Nathan
Maybe he is related to my mailman...

We did have another delivery today though.
Just got back from work. Yes, I had to work today.
I did want to report back on my first experience with Energy Bill.
When A.G. jokingly said, "Be safe and careful.... please. Energy Bill is strong stuff! LOL" I have to say, it's no joke.

I was with friends New Year's Eve, and when asked to do something - they always ask - I agreed. I had been itching to try out SKIN, so I started with that. Went very well. Pulse stopped on cue.

I was getting a small crowd by the time I went into Energy Bill. I began with Sean Waters' "Illuminati," as suggested I believe by Jerome Finley. Came off nicely.

Then, I went into EG. Holy Cow!!! Not a word at first. Then, gasps as my hands shook and the bill moved more. And when the bill fell over at my gesture, genuine screams. I've never gotten that kind of extreme reaction before.

So I'm thinking now all I have to do is show up with a bent coin at my next gig and I'm set. ;>

Thanks, A.G. I love things that work. I will use this always. And now, I must sleep.
Dan,

I have 'Ponderings' by Sean Waters (fantastic material)

What is 'Illuminati'? and where can I find it??

Thanks
Chris
Chris, you can read [url=http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=286908&forum=159]THIS[/url] thread for the source...Sounds interesting...
Illuminati is super sweet, & I wish my mailman would give me my copy of Energy Bill after he is done learning it....today is the day...I can feel it.

Nathan
Nathan,

Don't cause yourself that kind of build up...

I even shoveled a nice path to the box for him, and he still spited me!!!

Paul
I actually have a 3 course meal on the front step...muy delicioso!

Nathan
You guys have too much time on your hands waiting for the mailman. I can see both of you peaking out the window like little kids on Christmas morning...

LOL
I am peeking out the window every 5 minutes...and d@mn proud of that fact!

Nathan

[quote]
On 2009-01-03 05:33, bond19 wrote:
Dan,

I have 'Ponderings' by Sean Waters (fantastic material)

What is 'Illuminati'? and where can I find it??

Thanks
Chris
[/quote]

joseph beat me to it. That thread should have everything you need.

I've had more than a few emails asking me about the impromptu nature of this and restrictions. I'm very happy to respond.

I have found no restrictions. I've performed this indoors and outside. I haven't been given a bill yet that doesn't work.

Oh and it kills. Even for people who are not hammered at New Year's Eve parties.
You tell 'em Nathan....he's a jerk, but we will love him once he FINALLY delivers!

Paul h. :)
Cheers guys.

Posted: Jan 3, 2009 2:25pm
Just one more thing.. (Columbo style)

Is 'Illuminati' restricted to US bill (I live in the UK)
Bond,

I am not too familiar with UK bills, but I would guess that the second part could be hard...the first part may need a bit of adjustment...but the rest of Sean's ebook is worth it. Maybe I could google info about UK bills and have a better chance of giving you the needed info.

Nathan
Nathan,

I forget what clip I saw with UK bills, but he should be able to adapt this with the numbers on the serial. The second part is a U.S. feature only, me thinks!

Ph
Paul,

I was thinking that as well...google was of very little help.

Nathan

PS I got mine...thanks mailman...it is a thing of true beauty...I LOVE the backstory part!
Heck. I guess I'm the last hold out waiting for the mailman.

I think I'm spoiled ordering from Hocus Pocus. Sometimes it feels they ship before I actually order! Scary fast!

Feeling confident EB will get here on Monday tho. Winter conditions might've been the culprit for slower delivery up north but here in Texas we're having weather right out of "Soylent Green"!!
Nathan.. thanks for trying..

Paul.. thanks also for your info

I will be picking up 'Contemplations' when my January credit card bill has been cleared

Still waiting for 'Energy Bill'

It should arrive sometime next week (hopefully)

2009 is going to be a very interesting year!!
[quote]
On 2009-01-04 00:13, RooMan wrote:
Heck. I guess I'm the last hold out waiting for the mailman.

I think I'm spoiled ordering from Hocus Pocus. Sometimes it feels they ship before I actually order! Scary fast!

Feeling confident EB will get here on Monday tho. Winter conditions might've been the culprit for slower delivery up north but here in Texas we're having weather right out of "Soylent Green"!!
[/quote]

Tell me about it Roo. SHort sleeves all night last night.
Guys,

The wait was worth it, for me...I hope the same rings true for you.

Gerard has covered ALL the bases!

Nathan
'Energy Bill' arrived today..

Impromptu, propless and a true demonstration of special abilities.. it does indeed tick all the boxes!

This is one of the best impromptu effects I have ever seen (and I know a few)

It is definitely one to be used sparingly and with great care..

Is it easy to do.. yes very

But it will need to be mastered to fully deliver the impact it deserves... Then and only then will you posses the ability to redefine a person's belief system

Seriously it's that good..

Gerard, you have unleashed a monster.. many thanks!!
Ah, its what I do.... lol
I am so glad that you will use this, and are giving it the respect it deserves.

all the best,
Andrew Gerard
Still nothing in my mailbox. Is Texas on the other side of the moon or what?
Don't feel bad RooMan, I'm still waiting as well.
I got this!

Well where can I begin... This is simple wonderful and so easy to do and its' all in presentation like everything related with pk, mentalism, chi...
Highly recommend this and it's the closest to real pk I ever saw.
I enjoy seeing Andrew Gerard explaining it and I laugh and laugh seeing the ingenious method beyond this.

"i wanna see everything this guy gonna show me" CHI-KUNG , CHI-GONG :)

X supplement is VERY nice too.
Andrew you kill me once again. It's a pleasure to see your work and I would like to thank you for sharing it.

All the best
So far 100 percent positive reviews......nice to see something finally living up to the 14 page thread:)
Does energy bill works with Euro bills?
This definitely went to my wishlist. But unfortunately my wishlist is getting quite long and my wallet is getting quite thin :(
Dario it works with any euro note bill :)
It will work with any paper currency...

Nathan
Thanks!and...Great!
In a one word (and this is all that really has to be said about it)... PERFECTION!

Col.
Thank you guys... I am honered.

If anyone wishes to purchase Energy Bill, the only place they are available at the moment is through me.
Pay pal $40.00 usd to Andrewsmagic@telus.net shipping is FREE in USA and Canada.

DEMO VIDEO -

best AG
Brothers I'll tell you what! Gerard is one cat who thinks way beyond the spectrum of magic. His creations are one's that stand alone in a leauge all by themselves.

Energy Bill - Perfect score of 10 for A.G.

Rock on dude!
Will this work with paper currency that has been made from paper mix with plastic?
Still perfecting this before I try it out for real but the more I play with it the more I'm enjoying it!

It's a bit like Osterlind's making magic real ideas.. I actually try to 'move' the bill with my mind and when it does move you really do feel like you made it happen

Awesome effect AG.. looking forward to your 09 material with high anticipation

Best
Chris
Joe,

I don't think it will...paper currency.

Nathan
Yes only paper currency will work. It has been mentioned that Euros work very well..

Keep in Mind, Greg Arce mentioned that he has done this with lotto tickets etc..

Yes it does look and feel REAL.... because IT IS! think about it, you can say you are using kinetic energy, under your control... ITS TRUE! LOL

I will be getting together new material before I have to go away and do some more TV work this year.. I think I will be living in LA... I will have to go see the castle, never been.

Andrew Gerard
Okay, I finally got to watch the DVD. Fantastic!! All the little bits and touches is what makes this a killer. You can see that Gerard has lived with this effect for a long time and has put all the work into it.

As I've now told him, I put this effect up there with the greatest of impromptu mentalism: PK Touches.

And yes, I did try this with a lotto ticket and got some weird movement. So how about taking someone's new lotto ticket and putting in some "good luck energy".

Greg
That's a huge compliment Greg,thanks.

best,
AG
I watched the DVD and it’s really amazing!

Where I live we use euros and it works very well with them.

Gerard covers everything necessary. Most important he doesn’t have fillers on the DVD. You get what you really need.

It’s real worth the discussion at the end of the DVD. For anyone really serious about the art this is very valuable.

The effect not only is impromptu but it’s even better than other effects with gimmicks!

I totally agree with Greg.

That’s what I thought when I watched it. It falls in the category of PK touches, PK time, stigmata, where without any gimmicks you create miracles.

Thank you Gerard!

I am looking forward to your upcoming releases!

best,
Neo
That's great to hear.
I have had a few guys from over the pond tell me that Euro's work wonderfully and actually " less = more"! If you have Energy Bill, that will make perfect sense to you.

If you don't have it, Buy it from ME!

pay pal $40.00 usd free shipping in Canada and USA Andrewsmagic@telus.net

best Andrew Gerard
This brilliant routine from Gerard is in a sense the tip of the iceberg.....beyond the effect this is a great chance for people to get behind the scenes and begin to look at and understand some of Gerard's backwards thinking and the psychology that has been responsible for creating some of the most powerful magic of our generation.
I can't imagine anything stronger than this one effect. I performed this yesterday, and the reactions I got were different then other pk effects.

It looks so *** real, even to me !

thank you for releasing this, can't wait for more
Rich
So many good reviews and heaps of praise for this one. I'm still waiting for mine to arrive. :) It should be here soon. This is definitely some fun stuff.
I believe dealers should have Energy Bill on their way this week.

Murphys magic should have recieved them today.

Of course if you don't have a favorite dealer, you can buy it from me ;)

best and thanks
Andrew Gerard