(Close Window)
Topic: What's this called...easy joke flourish...!!
The one where : fan the cards and ask a spec to take a card, and one card comes comes out and waves about. It's an old, old one - but it bothers me that I don't know the name, and where it comes from. Not only that - I can't do it THAT well!

Is it in Tarbell? RRTCM? or similar?

Thanks!

DCB
Well - maybe I was wrong - maybe it's NOT so easy.. Hmmm..

DCB
Well, it's easy to do, but I'm not really sure where it comes from without doing a bit of research. And even then, I think that it's something that anyone and everyone might think of themselves.

I do it for laughs, and I've got a ton of books but don't remember running into it anywhere.

Do you REALLY want to know if there is a published source? Then make your post in The Workers forum, and you'll get a whole debate going. :)
Not TOO interested in where it came from .. would just like to know how to execute it properly!
It seems a bit silly that I'm very capable of much more advanced stuff.. but struggle to get this looking as it should..!
Tks!

DCB
Hey DCB, you can find it in an excellent ebook w/video by Tyler Wilson called Dominatricks. Its explained under "Gag reflex".
Great, , In Flames - thanks for that.
I've looked it up, and basically, it's what I do - I just need to practice the tension of the finger. I see that even Tyler Wilson reckons whoever invented it should be given a medal!

I've had that book on my shelf for a time now, and never really had the time to work on it. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Regards,

DCB
No problem my friend.
Hugard/Braue's "more card manipulations" has a similar trick to this called "SNAP! A quick trick by dr. Jacob Daley"

Although I am not sure what you are talking about, the basic effect is very very similar to what you've described...
[quote]
On 2008-11-25 14:27, in flames wrote:
Hey DCB, you can find it in an excellent ebook w/video by Tyler Wilson called Dominatricks. Its explained under "Gag reflex".
[/quote]

It's actually a real book published by Andi Gladwin.. The ebook is just for lefties..