(Close Window)
Topic: Magic with a sock
I'm not sure if this is in the right section, but I need some magic tricks to do with a sock, can invole it in any way, but I need to be able to do it as soon as possible.
It can also use feet
Making a production of silks, you suddenly pull out a sock. You lift up your pants legs, and sure enough, one sock is missing. You vanish the sock in your hand and it ends up back on your foot.
The change sock? Color change? card to sock?
Rune Klan had a great bit with a sock in Josh Jay's column in Magic Magazine.

I don't recall the issue, maybe someone on here can help.
[quote]
On 2008-11-23 04:57, Spellbinder wrote:
Making a production of silks, you suddenly pull out a sock. You lift up your pants legs, and sure enough, one sock is missing. You vanish the sock in your hand and it ends up back on your foot.
[/quote]

I really like the sound of that effect Spellbinder. Great idea!
[quote]
On 2009-01-20 21:29, J Hanes wrote:
Rune Klan had a great bit with a sock in Josh Jay's column in Magic Magazine.

I don't recall the issue, maybe someone on here can help.
[/quote]

If I remember correctly it was a Russian roulette type routine except with a knife and a pair of socks. I believe it was within the last year but not that last few months. I'll check my collection later and see if I can find it.

Right now I am working on building a routine with a sock for my stand-up/parlor/stage show. On Thom Peterson's video Sucker Punch he has a short fuzz ball to sock bit where at the end you "find" a set of keys. The bit is called Pocket Lint.
[quote]
On 2008-11-23 18:52, Comedy Writer wrote:
The change sock? Color change? card to sock?
[/quote]

Sock on ceiling? Sock in wallet? Levitating Sock?

Stefan
You can do the "piano card trick" with socks.

Mike
Not a trick exactly, but baby socks make wonderful Ball Loaders -- pinned under the coat edge. The light eleastic is just enough to keep the Ball in place until a little wrist action squeeses it out.

a pair of socks can be used as a change bag of sorts. Lay one sock on the table with a target object hidden inside. Lay the other sock (with the feed object inside) on top with its opening an inch above the lower one. Roll them up and allow the lower end to 'flip over'. Then fold that open end back over the ball. Later unfold and pick up the top sock -- now switched for the lower. Just like the old Napkin and Knife trick.
Disappearing sock
Levitating sock
Colour changing sock
What about the 20th Century Silk effect, but instead of having the silk appear between the 2 knotted silks it appears around your ancle. It's your sock that's now between your silks.

Oliver.
David Regal's Aprroaching Magic has a terrific sock routine.