(Close Window)
Topic: A Parlor Show by Yours Truly
Here is a show that I put on for my sister's birthday. She and her friends are around 14, so this was no kids show.

I know I messed up on the ACR when I said "all Houdini would do is..." I should have said Dai Vernon, but it was pretty late and I was really tired; but I told her that I would do the show.

You might as well skip from 4:45 - 7:45 (O.O.S.P.C.A & Matrix) because the camera wasn't focused on the table so you can't really see anything. Sorry

http://www.vimeo.com/2324814

Effects performed in order:
Extreme Burn
Dollar Bill Serial # Prediction (Idea from Visu-antics by Jim Pace)
O.O.S.P.C.A (Totally Out Of Control by Chris Kenner)
Mish Mash Matrix by Dean Dill (from Hit the Road DVD)
My version of the color changing deck
ACR
Fingerprint Trick
Full Lotus by Jay Sankey (From Front Row Sankey DVD)
Vernon/Mendoza Routine using Aluminum Foxy II

Tell me what you think!
Nice work on the serial number prediction.
Favorite line, "You can make billions on this!" after performing Jay's Paperclip trick.(lol) Sankey would love that one. I enjoyed watching you perform. It must of been hard performing for 14 year old girls. I have to say though, two of them looked really out of shape. They looked very tired and old for their age.:)

You handled the tricks quite well, and have obviously been rehearsing your performance. It's just a matter of time to becoming more comfortable with it. My only suggestion would be to exagerate yourself a little. I can bet that when you perform in front of a mirror that you exagerate yourself more.:) Again, I really enjoyed that. I'd hire you to perform at my son's 12 birthday party, but that would be in 10 years, and by then you'll be too famous for me to afford.
LOL. Thanks Dan!

I think that a magician telling me that he would hire him for his own event is the greatest compliment I can ever receive...
Nicely done Uriel, I enjoyed your performance. I enjoyed your laid back style of performing and your ability to get off script answer the audiences questions and get right back onto script again. Keep up the good work
Well done my friend.
Nice job, keep up the good work.
Good work on interacting with spectators. Your way of conversing with them and not just flipping on autopilot was great.