(Close Window)
Topic: Staging question
I need a portable solution that fills all of the following needs....

1. Back black stage curtain - maybe a fiber optic curtain
2. portable
3. large enough to use: on a theater stage, banquet room, gymnasium
4. The size should maybe be: 15' high, 30-40' long
5. center needs to have a door to wheel larger props through (door should be about 10' wide)
6. I don't want to have this be hung, or use a fly system - needs to be free standing.

What are a few solutions to accomplish this.. The real problem I am having is the center door.

My solution is:
4 truss standing on end on baseplates. the center 2 of them have hinged "doors" attatched to allow the props to go through.

any thoughts or ideas?

scott
Scott,
A 30' span of truss is a bit wide for weight loads - If I am reading this correctly, you basically want a portable set up to load in at various venues. ?
Take a look at http://www.hallstage.com. Their T200 track system works exceptionally well and is VERY easy to set up and tear down.
With this attached to your truss, you now have a traveler curtain. No need for "doors". It creates a professional look for your show.
Feel free to email me with questions.
Steven
Hmm ... I get "Bad Request ... Invalid Host Name" whenever I try to access the link.

Kent
http://www.hallstage.com

Steves link had an extra "." at the end.

Thanks Steve! As always whenever you chime in on something the info is top notch, and highly appreciated!

scott
I do own one of these tracks and spent a bit of time with them @ LDI - please let me know if you have any questions.
I am gearing up for a 16 week production tour and have spent the past several weeks working on load limits and trussing - We do not do any ground support structures on this tour - 14 motors on the rig - however, I have done a good deal of them.
What size truss are you using ? 12" is highly recommended if possible. Depending on the height, I would also suggest at least 24 base plates 36 is ideal if going over 15 high.
Steven