(Close Window)
Topic: Bill vanish question.
Any good non-switch bill vanishes other than a Himber?

Bob
How about a TT or a r**l?

You could also have a look at some of the playing card and (jumbo) coin vanishes out there. A folded up bill can be handled surprisingly similar to a coin or a card (depending on the fold). Although you don't end clean with these.

I've been playing around with a lot of these sleights lately so if you give some further specification on your needs for the vanish I might be able to point you to a source.

Have a nice weekend! :)

Nic
Thanks Nic,

I'm thinking of getting the Max Krause BTIL and would need to vanish a (gimmick) bill. A TT subjects the bill to a bit more abuse than I want to inflict.

I'd like to find something like a Rattle Boxes relationship to a ring or coin.

Bob
Obviously an audible illusion is hard to create with a piece of paper so you'd probably have to resort to a visual one instead - but that's kind of hard if you don't want to use any kind of switches ;)
I use a TT to vanish the bill as part of my Benson Bowl/Bill To Lemon routine. You'll find a good handling for that in Lance Pierce's book "The World Famous Bowl Routine."

BTW--Many pros, including Steve Spill and Doc Eason, use a TT for this very purpose.
If wearing a jacket maybe a weighted pendulum type holdout with a clip.
Jaz, any reason why you would choose a pendulum holdout over a reel for something so light like a piece of paper / bill, especially if it doesn't have to be retrieved?
Just curious :)
[quote]
On 2008-12-10 03:05, nicd wrote:
Jaz, any reason why you would choose a pendulum holdout over a reel for something so light like a piece of paper / bill, especially if it doesn't have to be retrieved?
Just curious :)
[/quote]

No particular reason.
The pendulum came to mind first. :)
How about a topit? I frequently use a hoody that's tucked in and slightly zipped up as a perfect "poor man's topit".

that's a Danny Garcia idea, by the way.

C
[quote]
On 2008-12-06 09:14, Bob Johnston wrote:
Thanks Nic,

I'm thinking of getting the Max Krause BTIL and would need to vanish a (gimmick) bill. A TT subjects the bill to a bit more abuse than I want to inflict.

I'd like to find something like a Rattle Boxes relationship to a ring or coin.

Bob

Hi Bob,

Please let me know if you have any questions regarding B.T.I.L I have heard great things from those who are using it and it is a staple in my own show as I wont market anything I wont perform myself.

Kind regards,
Max
[/quote]
Bob, I just recently purchased B.T.I.L. and I love it. I use the idea that Terry Seabrooke gives with his "Seabrooke's Wallet" routine. I have an envelope with a horizontal slit cut in the middle of it on the non-flap side of it. First you need to fold the bill in half twice (the same way each time-not into a sqare. Holding the bill horizontally then fold it from left to right both times) When you are ready to supposedly burn up the envelope with the bill in it then just put the bill in the envelope with the flap side towards the audience and actually put the bottom part of the folded bill into the slit so that half of it is sticking out of the slit. The bill will stay in place while you lick and seal it because of how lightweight the bill is and also because of the slight pressure from the slit holding it in place. Just keep the slit side facing you. Then you can hold it up to the light if you want to show the audience the shadow of the bill inside the envelope. Then as you light the envelope on fire, secretly slide the bill into your hand with your thumb while the back of your hand is facing the audience. This way the audience doesn't see it. Or you can just simply hold onto the bill with your thumb as your other hand takes the envelope out of the hand that's holding it. I hope it's alright to give this idea without getting into trouble because Seabrooke said that this wasn't his idea in the first place. Now I won't reveal his wallet idea or method though. Anyway, I hope this will help you out or at least give you an additional idea.
Reel works great!