(Close Window)
Topic: Backfire Matrixes With NO Extra Coins And NO Gaffs Or Gimmicks
I have always liked backfire matrixes, but I want to be able to do it with only four ordinary coins. Any sources? Does something like this exsist?

Thanks for any help,
Andrew

:spinningcoin: :spinningcoin: :spinningcoin:
Do a search, I know this has been talked about. But I think Mr. Kam has a new backfire out on his new video.

Lee
I have one I learned from ben, ask him.
There is one on PoS3. It dates back to the 80's, and I've used it since then. The earliest, and best, I think, include Harry Levine's in "Encore 3" and Mark Lefler's in the introductory section of the Collected Richard's Almanac.
It's called [i]Reversi[/i] I believe.

Bob Kohler also has a nice one called [i]Return to Spender[/i] in one of Bannons books.
[quote]
On 2003-04-26 20:36, KyleHarnish wrote:
I have one I learned from ben, ask him.

[/quote]

Yeah Kyle I know what you are talking about. He taught it to me as well, but it uses a shell. I am looking for no gaffs or gimmicks.

[quote]
On 2003-04-26 20:46, Curtis Kam wrote:
There is one on PoS3. It dates back to the 80's, and I've used it since then. The earliest, and best, I think, include Harry Levine's in "Encore 3" and Mark Lefler's in the introductory section of the Collected Richard's Almanac.

[/quote]

That should do it Curtis. I ordered the DVD from Hocus Pocus last night and I can't wait. Thanks.

Andrew
Shoot Ogawa's one handed matrix and backfire will have your eyes bugging out of your head!

Rumour has it that Bob Kohler will be offering some more of Shoot's killer material on dvd in the future. We can only hope that this routine will be on there.
Everything he has will do that.

Lee
Shoot's stuff is amazing. I've been using his "Slow" and "Quick" matrix with a reset ever since I saw his lecture. The story with it is so good.

You do a matrix fast. Then promise a slow matrix only to have the slow matrix end up in a reverse. Great stuff. He can really control an audience.
Let me recommend Bob Kohler's "Return to Spender" from Impossibilia, as mentioned earlier. It uses four coins and only two cards.

I perform it all the time as a closer. There's just no way you can follow it.
Don't forget Mr. Dill and his videos but I would get in contact with Shoot.

Lee
There's a Reverse Matrix (which is what I presume a Backfire Matrix to be) on David Jones' Close-Up video from International Magic.

It uses four (identical) coins, four cards, no gaffs, no duplicates, and it's fairly easy. If I can do it anybody can, and I perform it often.

Dave
[quote]
On 2003-04-26 20:12, Andrew E. Miller wrote:
I have always liked backfire matrixes, but I want to be able to do it with only four ordinary coins. Any sources? Does something like this exsist?

Thanks for any help,
Andrew

:spinningcoin: :spinningcoin: :spinningcoin:

Check out a movie I made for you.
http://www.stevedraun.com/films/matrix.wmv

Steve Draun
Dean Dill's Intimate coin magic has a Matrix plus backfire with no gaffs and no extras.

Plus a lot of other great magic effects with coins.

Definitely worth seeing.
Shoot Ogawa has a great four card four coin reverse matrix. He does it under the guise of doing the matrix so slow you can see it. You see and hear him place coins under a card. When he lifts the card all the coins are back in place.

I think back fire matrix tricks that use one or two extra coins can be just as effective even though you have to hold out.

Out of curiosity, why do you want one with no extra coins?
I just don't want to deal with ditching anything or the hassle of having something like a gaff or an extra coin. It leaves me dirty at the end and if I can avoid that then I will do so.

Andrew
I agree it is nicer to end clean. Another good point to do a four coin matrix is that it's sometimes difficult to lug six coins around all the time. When you could just collect four from spectators.

And someone said they learned a matrix from Ben...who's ben? I'd like to learn this shell matrix routine as well.
Ben Schwartz is a friend of mine and Kyle's. He lives in our area.

Andrew
Steve Draun,
I really liked the video you posted. Is that routine in print anywhere? It seemed similar to Mark Lefler's Reversi, but I believe that it is a bit different. I'd love to check out your routine.
You know andrew. The one Steve Draun sent you meets all your requirements...
I really like Dean Dill's Matrix ideas. HE is pure genius.

Jakks
Don't forget Michael Rubinstein's called "Two Card Reverse Matrix" with 4 gaffless coins.
I do Dean Dill's "Simple Matrix" (with/without backfire) to my own story line. This routine provided the incentive for me to learn to clasic palm. You can do it standing or sitting, on any table. There's very little to wory about, as far as angles. Four cards, four coins, a close up mat and a story about Harry Potter making a savings deposit. Entertainment at its finest!!
Enjoy,
Mike
[quote]
On 2003-04-29 03:32, JC33 wrote:
Steve Draun,
I really liked the video you posted. Is that routine in print anywhere? It seemed similar to Mark Lefler's Reversi, but I believe that it is a bit different. I'd love to check out your routine.

This routine is in Impossiblia by John Bannon. It's Bob Kholer's Return to Sender. It does meet Andrew's requirements. I have been doing it for years and perhaps it's not exactly like the original. It uses my own vanishes and steals. But it's basically the same. I made the movie for him but I haven't heard anything back. Perhaps he hasn't seen it yet.
Steve,

That matrix looks a lot like Shoot Ogawa's one handed matrix. Its all starting to look the same Ahhhhhhh.........

:confused:

Lee
Steve,
Thanks for posting that movie. Looks great!
Cool martrix Mr.Steve.
I like you web site. Nice job.

Brad
Steve,
Great Matrix!

Somebody wake Andrew up.
:bunny:

I'm awake now. That was an awesome video Mr. Draun. I would like to see more work from you. Yours was great. I am planning on learning that one, getting some of Mr. Dill's videos, and I waiting for POSIII. It's on backorder. Should have figured.

Andrew
Nice job on the Matrix, Steve.
I also went to your website and had a quick look at some of the other vids. These are also great.

Andrew, here is a link to the site, http://stevedraun.com

Regards
Steve,
Great site! I think you may be hearing from me soon.
I know Bob King showed me one. I don't know if it is his or not.
[quote]
On 2003-05-04 18:51, Andrew E. Miller wrote:
:bunny:

I'm awake now. That was an awesome video Mr. Draun. I would like to see more work from you.
[/quote]
Ok, since you asked, Chink-a-Chink was around long before Matrix. Here is a link to another movie.
http://www.stevedraun.com/films/chinkachink.wmv
[quote]
On 2003-04-29 13:47, Tony wrote:
Don't forget Michael Rubinstein's called "Two Card Reverse Matrix" with 4 gaffless coins.
[/quote]

I definitely agree with Tony. This routine is very nice one. And also the reverse of the coins are done very smoothly with no quickness, if that makes any sense, but I definitely recommend that routine too.
-Bill
:spinningcoin: :spinningcoin: :spinningcoin: :spinningcoin:
I have a very simple and extremely effective matrix/reverse matrix with only four regular coins in "Great Scott! It's Coin Magic!"
Dean Dill's Backfire. Amazing, I perform it.No gimmicks, no extra coins. It's performed with 4 normal coins and 4 normal cards, and a lot of sleight of hand and misdirection