(Close Window)
Topic: Joel Ward’s Dove Tub Illusion
Joel Ward’s Dove Tub Illusion http://www.tonyclarkmagic.com/storefront/shop/index.php?action=item&id=106&prevaction=category&previd=featured&prevstart=

Anyone has it?

What's the impact with the public?

Do the doves fit comfortably in there?
Here it is on You Tube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOiUDzwwmgs
Definitely do not own it but I see lots potential for this where body loads aren't possible. I do think more people would own it if the price was lower.
I've seen Joel do this for years, we competed against each other a few times back when we were young teenagers and he had it in the show and it always got a great reaction. I would love to use this in my kid's shows - I can kind of understand the price as I think he makes these by hand and it is kind of like his "signature" thing in his dove act...

I know it is very easy to do and the dove is very comfortable and in a natural position in there...
Thanks sperris!
Actually the price is much much lower now.

I am very lucky to buy directly from Joel Ward in April 2006, Joel owns the #1...mine is #2, think I am the first guy who bought from him then, the price at that time increased the US$499.00 per unit.

Now Tony sells for US$299.00...that is US$200.00 off for those who got the #3, #4 from Joel directly 2.5 years back...though at that time comes with an aluminium pad case to protect the investment.

Though I heard Tony improve the parts..making it more sturdy, personally I still prefer the original 2.5 years back as at that time cos Joel personally hand craft every single parts himself so is more valuable since he is the creator.

Now Tony mass produced it so the price is so much cheaper now.....but this has to be done on stage....not really advisable for close up...hope this helps:)
HELLO Joe! Long time no see!!
Hi Bro :) see you at SAM Jan meeting ya :P
Please note that Tony Clark is not mass producing them. They are made one by one by hand. The price should really be a lot more. Just trying to help Joel out. It's a really nice piece.
Thanks for the discussion and bringing this effect up. I hadn't been aware of it before. Sounds intriguing.
I thought I would bring this topic back to life. Is this product still being made, and if so where can it be purchased? It is no longer on Tony's site.

Thanks